FS: LT1 4-bolt block, L99 Motor, & LT1 SR cam

Old 06-22-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: LT1 4-bolt block, L99 Motor, & LT1 SR cam

Have a LT1 factory 4-bolt main block with rotating assembly still installed. No covers, no rear main seal adapter, or oil pump / bolt (they were removed for my new motor). This was a GM warranty replacement motor that they installed in my 94Z back in '97. ~40k miles on it. The cam timing gear broke, valves kissed pistons, but not severely - none cracked. Cam bearings show wear. I'd bet that you could clean it up, put new cam bearings in it, and it'd run just fine... but that's up to you. $100 firm and you come pick it up. That includes the stock crank, rods, and pistons that are in it. I'll meet somewhere for additional $$.

L99 (4.3L "baby LT1") motor from a 96 Caprice. No front cover. Includes the LT1 intake and stock throttle body. Includes oilpan and rear main seal adapter. No sensors. Oil pressure at hot idle was starting to get a little low (between 15 & 20 psi), so it could probably use some rod bearings. Otherwise it ran great (put down 200 rwhp). This motor has a 3" crank in it - so if you wanted to make a 302 LT1, you could with this crank. $150 and you come pick it up. $100 without the LT1 intake / throttle body. If you're looking to get your LT1 car back on the road for very cheap, this is an option (and what I did).

Located just south of Waco.

Also have a LT1 solid roller camshaft. It's a Cam Motion cam. Somewhere in the neighborhood of mid 240's duration, somewhere around .6" lift. Sorry I don't have more specifics, if you're interested, let me know, I'd be happy to send it to Jason at Thunder Racing to get it cam doctored. This cam is brand new, never run. It came with the 383 shortblock that I bought (I used a different, hydraulic roller cam), and it did not have a cam card. New this cam was $400. I'll sell it for $125, shipped, and include covering the trip to Thunder and the Doctor, if you're interested.

Edit:
4-bolt main block & assembly is sold
Deposit taken on L99 motor

Last edited by Camaroholic; 06-24-2006 at 06:26 PM.

Search this Thread