I just lost my job? =(

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I just lost my job? =(

/i got let go today for tapping on my desk? seriously!1 also i think they been wanting to let me go for a while cause my supervisor was family oh well i was their three years and they let me go today, well atleast they let me go and i didnt quit. i was so feed up with their crap!!!! and cheap raises. im so glad, now i can go to school i used to work for a computer company doing data entry and alote of other misc stuff. just wanted to let it out thanks guys

SO ANYONE LOOKING TO HIRE.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:17 PM
10 Second Club

sorry to hear that Gabe
u will find something else
Old 06-26-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gabeg94z
/i got let go today for tapping on my desk? seriously!1 also i think they been wanting to let me go for a while cause my supervisor was family oh well i was their three years and they let me go today, well atleast they let me go and i didnt quit. i was so feed up with their crap!!!! and cheap raises. im so glad, now i can go to school i used to work for a computer company doing data entry and alote of other misc stuff. just wanted to let it out thanks guys

SO ANYONE LOOKING TO HIRE.
You don't think they let you go due to poor typing skills?
Old 06-26-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

that sucks where did you work at if you don't mind me asking?

Im hiring for a sugar daddy..but I suppose if you just got fired then that wouldn't work out too well, eh?
Old 06-26-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by obseSSed

Im hiring for a sugar daddy..but I suppose if you just got fired then that wouldn't work out too well, eh?

Old 06-26-2006, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

File unemployment and milk that for all its worth. Common misconception is the state pays unemployment, but the fact is the business has to pay.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Regular

usually you can't draw unemployment if you were fired. I.E. - if the reason for being fired was YOUR fault - you cant draw.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another common misconception about unemployment is that you can't collect if you were fired.

Unless there is a DOCUMENTED reason, in which you reprimanded about prior to your dismissal... you can generally still collect unemployment. And the TWC is on your side, it isn't very common that a person will get straight up denied for unemployment compensation.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by xaon
another common misconception about unemployment is that you can't collect if you were fired.

Unless there is a DOCUMENTED reason, in which you reprimanded about prior to your dismissal... you can generally still collect unemployment. And the TWC is on your side, it isn't very common that a person will get straight up denied for unemployment compensation.
ahh haaa now that i did not know. I didn't think it made too much sense to get fired and then ask the company to continue paying you if it was your fault you got fired....

God love the government...
Old 06-26-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

DAMN Gabe welcome to the unemployment world. I have been enjoying this world for over a month and a half. Well you will eventually get bored of it I have. SOMEBODY HIRE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

file a complaint to the workforce center for being fired injustly, maybe they will give you $$
Old 06-27-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike2kZ
You don't think they let you go due to poor typing skills?
??? mabee,who nose, even though they kept messing with my schedule and denying me my onw vacation, i guess they wanted me to quit? but i stuck it out for a while and they let me go, yeah im hopingto get unenpoyment atleast for a while so i can paybills
Old 06-27-2006, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by obseSSed

I worked for a company that stores clients data in our mainframe, some of our clients were equifax,ncoa,blue cross blue shield. pretty much I delt with all the data coming in or going out, fun job until today

as for the sugar daddy part we can split my unemployment j/k
Old 06-27-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

i dint know this? thanks for info.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls1_cam2
DAMN Gabe welcome to the unemployment world. I have been enjoying this world for over a month and a half. Well you will eventually get bored of it I have. SOMEBODY HIRE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now i got time to do stuff around the house? or sleep =)
Old 06-27-2006, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by scalemaster
sorry to hear that Gabe
u will find something else
thanks sal i find my way back on my feet, or i can go to school.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

ive been there and had to file for unemployement about 3 years ago. it was a drawn out process. the employer came up with a few fabricated excuses for why i was fired . i let t.u.i know what really happened . got my first check a month later.