Who can tune my car? or show me how.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Who can tune my car? or show me how.

Anyone out there that can tune it or help me do it?
Not askin you do it for me just show me the basics to point me in the right direction. Tried reading up on it but it just makes my head spin. I'm a much better hands on kind of learner. Srun let me borrow his HP tuner so i can do it but i have no idea where to start.
Getting my car tuned has been such a royal pain in the *** i'm even thinking about putting the stock cam back in.
I don't care anymore if its SD or I run the MAF. I just want my car to start without having to play with the throttle and for it not to either die or surge like a mother ****** at lights. To tell you the truth its actually pretty embarasing to drive like this.:help:
Its just a cam only (Trex), 8" 5100 stall, full bolt on car. Nothin fancy.
I'de like ta save a little dough and learn how to do it at the same time, but also don't mind payin if someone just wants to tune it themselves and get it right.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SUX2BU
Anyone out there that can tune it or help me do it?
Not askin you do it for me just show me the basics to point me in the right direction. Tried reading up on it but it just makes my head spin. I'm a much better hands on kind of learner. Srun let me borrow his HP tuner so i can do it but i have no idea where to start.
Getting my car tuned has been such a royal pain in the *** i'm even thinking about putting the stock cam back in.
I don't care anymore if its SD or I run the MAF. I just want my car to start without having to play with the throttle and for it not to either die or surge like a mother ****** at lights. To tell you the truth its actually pretty embarasing to drive like this.:help:
Its just a cam only (Trex), 8" 5100 stall, full bolt on car. Nothin fancy.
I'de like ta save a little dough and learn how to do it at the same time, but also don't mind payin if someone just wants to tune it themselves and get it right.
You need to start with the idle... Bump the desired idle, mines at 1100, so it's nice and smooth but still hits hard as hell. Get the RAF table set good, get your IAC counts down to about 45, bump the base/idle timing up to around 41* for that cam... Play with the under/over spark tables (lower the values).
Old 06-29-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

pm sent
Old 06-30-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im no pro but could get help you get it to idle and run somewhat. with a cam like that you are going to need a lot of fine tuning
Old 06-30-2006, 03:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPEEDYws6
You need to start with the idle... Bump the desired idle, mines at 1100, so it's nice and smooth but still hits hard as hell. Get the RAF table set good, get your IAC counts down to about 45, bump the base/idle timing up to around 41* for that cam... Play with the under/over spark tables (lower the values).
I got it to idle decent at 950. but if i punch the gas and let off it dies.the iac counts are at about 40 in neutral and 70-80 in gear. i'll check what the timing is at idle.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like you need to get your RAF table adjusted, there is a really good excel program in that link I sent you that you can download and use. All you do is enter your log data, it tells you what to change it to, and it's dead on.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPEEDYws6
Sounds like you need to get your RAF table adjusted, there is a really good excel program in that link I sent you that you can download and use. All you do is enter your log data, it tells you what to change it to, and it's dead on.
Is RAF base running airflow?
Old 07-02-2006, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SUTTERERMAN85
im no pro but could get help you get it to idle and run somewhat. with a cam like that you are going to need a lot of fine tuning
That would be cool. I'm in Garland. It runs good the only problems i have are pretty much all with the idle.