4+ years w/ Kids Stressing the Wife out.... she needs some friends!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 05:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4+ years w/ Kids Stressing the Wife out.... she needs some friends!!

I am starting to feel it for the wife.. she has to put up with me (a big kid!!) and my 4 yr old son & 2 yr old daughter. Friday is her 24th b-day... we are going to see Frank Caliendo at the Improve.... (baby sitter!! sweet!!). She has been a stay at home mom for 5 years...... meeting new girls to go to lunch/movie/nails etc with has not been easy... how can she meet friends (I prefer women ) that have no kids while she is stuck at home.

She had me hurtin yesterday with her stresses! Being stuck at home with the kids all week and getting bored on the weekends is not going well... she needs girls night out and stuff on the weekends. I am at this point her only friend. Meeting other couples is hard. I work with mostly 40 yr olds and have little in common so introducing her to my co-workers has not been easy.

My wife volunteers at the Great Dane rescue of n. texas, the GP animal shelter, loves dogs, likes movies, and has a nice taste in restaurants etc. She is not a "shopper" and is the most honest person in the world (I swear lol) .... she hates bitchy and snobby women and she puts up with my problems.

What do you guys think. We are joining the YMCA next week... maybe she will meet people there.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

My wife is also a stay at home mom (we've got 3 kids). She's heavily plugged in at church (she's president of the Mothers of Pre-Schoolers - MOPS - group). Don't know how you feel about it, but church is a great place to meet women. Uhh, that's where I met my wife. Anyhow, my wife & kids join the other moms at the YMCA frequently, as well as going out to lunch, etc. For girls night out, my wife goes to scrapbooking or stamping parties. I can only imagine the clucking that goes on at those.

Even with that, the kids still drive my wife crazy.

Just a thought. Good luck, I know it's tough, especially since you guys sound young. We're a bit older, but have a 1, 4, and 7 year old.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

tell her to hit up the bars on the weekends... all sorts of friendly ppl... lol
Old 07-12-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by treysoucie
tell her to hit up the bars on the weekends... all sorts of friendly ppl... lol
thats some good ****
Old 07-12-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
I am starting to feel it for the wife.. she has to put up with me (a big kid!!) and my 4 yr old son & 2 yr old daughter. Friday is her 24th b-day... we are going to see Frank Caliendo at the Improve.... (baby sitter!! sweet!!). She has been a stay at home mom for 5 years...... meeting new girls to go to lunch/movie/nails etc with has not been easy... how can she meet friends (I prefer women ) that have no kids while she is stuck at home.

She had me hurtin yesterday with her stresses! Being stuck at home with the kids all week and getting bored on the weekends is not going well... she needs girls night out and stuff on the weekends. I am at this point her only friend. Meeting other couples is hard. I work with mostly 40 yr olds and have little in common so introducing her to my co-workers has not been easy.

My wife volunteers at the Great Dane rescue of n. texas, the GP animal shelter, loves dogs, likes movies, and has a nice taste in restaurants etc. She is not a "shopper" and is the most honest person in the world (I swear lol) .... she hates bitchy and snobby women and she puts up with my problems.

What do you guys think. We are joining the YMCA next week... maybe she will meet people there.
Tell her to call my wife .She does'nt work and is in the same boat as her...
Old 07-12-2006, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i wish I lived closer. We have a lot of the same interests. I don't do much - I need to get out of the house as well. But, I don't have any kids (thank God!), but I work FT and go to school. But I'm free on weekends although I usually have my nose in a book - trying to finish my RN. Wish I could could stay at home and just go to school and not work.

speaking of..anyone around here sugar daddy-material? I'll return the favor when i finish school!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by obseSSed
i wish I lived closer. We have a lot of the same interests. I don't do much - I need to get out of the house as well. But, I don't have any kids (thank God!), but I work FT and go to school. But I'm free on weekends although I usually have my nose in a book - trying to finish my RN. Wish I could could stay at home and just go to school and not work.

speaking of..anyone around here sugar daddy-material? I'll return the favor when i finish school!

i can be ur sugardaddy, if you can get past the fact im still going to school as well, and i still live with my parents... and im fat... lol
Old 07-12-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

i can be ur sugardaddy, if you can get past the fact im still going to school as well, and i still live with my parents... and im fat... lol

hahahahha
Old 07-12-2006, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Ha,ha
Old 07-12-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

pics?
Old 07-12-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this describes me exactly....but i have an apartment at school so im one up kinda but not really
Old 07-12-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have a dorm @ school, but during summer come home w/ mommy & daddy.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Sounds like your a good husband, im sure your wife appreciates it. Sounds like yall should hire a babysitter and have something every Friday night like going to the movie tavern or alamo draft house, these place you goto and get served dinner while watching a movie of your choice. And women love it when you go WITH to get there nails done(dont ask me why). Yall should just do more things together. You have sister inlaws, cousins, etc.??
Old 07-13-2006, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mellowyellow
Tell her to call my wife .She does'nt work and is in the same boat as her...
i thoguht your wife wanted to go oil wrestling!

hey! now THAT is an idea!!!! we can have a mom's night at the oil wrestling event! they can start a little club, then they'll all have friends!
Old 07-13-2006, 06:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
i thoguht your wife wanted to go oil wrestling!

hey! now THAT is an idea!!!! we can have a mom's night at the oil wrestling event! they can start a little club, then they'll all have friends!
nope...... she aint into oil wrestlin.... I tried to get her to do that in the kiddie pool w/ some baby lotion yesterday...... no dice.

thanks for some of the input guys....... scapbooking is a few years ahead of her. she spends most weekends going shopping with her mom. her sister lives in celina and had 2 annoying kids.....who tag along everywhere she goes. Her only female cousin locally is gay, my cousins and family have pretty much been disowned... I avoid them like the plague. (some are trash on one side and druggies on another).

Went to the movie tavern last night with my mom, her new husband, the wife and kids...... kids pretty much made it suck. Getting to see her new husbands 562HP Boss Hoss was sweet!

My son goes to a church preschool.... we just need to start showing up on Sundays...... I just dont like being preached to. Finding a pastor that I like is tough. What else...

And Brian..... you wife is great. Yet hookin them up would be tough..... as my wifes only crutch is she is very shy.

(and just so yall know..... i did marry out of my league)
Old 07-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Banned

The Y close to our house is great for meeting new peeps man.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:07 AM
12 Second Club

I can't say I am in the same boat but close. I wish there were more couples to meet and do things with. My wife is a huge animal lover (we have 3 dogs as well). We have a 4 year old boy. Most of the time my mom watches him so we can go out (It's nice having parents who live 5 mies from you). We try to have a "Date night" each week.

Sounds like your wife and mine would get a long very well. To bad we are not closer
Old 07-13-2006, 08:41 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by obseSSed

lol im doing this with my current g/f of 2 years ...... shes got a year left in the RN program and once she gets done shes gonna be my sugarmomma ..... and i spoil her while i can now anyway but she has told me she will help me on my car and stuff when she gets done with school .... but she is waiting for me to finish my engineering school cause then ill be able to find a decent job and more than make up for the time when she was bringing in the money .... oh yeah my air force reserves along with the annual bonus is pretty much how i can afford to do it over about 13 months of active service made about and 18 months reserve with bonuses prolly made about 22k$ and im a full time student and this doesnt count my part time job ...... prolly making about 15k a year right now as a full time student if i dont go active duty in the summer .... if i go active for summer its about 20-22k .... not bad for a full time college student and i have no bills so thats nice get to keep every penny i make
Old 07-13-2006, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure the friends she does meet are ALL married. Yall seem like good folk but if she hasnt let her hair down yet because of getting pregant at a early age beware. Just a though.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

I feel for you, my girlfriend got pregnant in high school and we left to finish early at an alternative school, so we basically left all of our friends behind. I'm the oppostie though, outgoing and friendly. Having a local f-body forum helps also. She goes with me everywhere, from cam swaps to the track, and frankly I just want to be alone sometimes so I can talk about boobies with other guys. I'm 20 and shes 19, so bar hopping is out of the question. My girl needs friends her age also to go shopping, nails, etc....