Flashing air bag light...Code ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Flashing air bag light...Code ??

Ok, from the files of the F'ed up and absurd:

Just had a tune put in the car last wednesday, high quality shop so no worries there. When I brought the car in it was in an open loop, not reading O2's, idiling like crap, surging, etc. If I stopped at a light and the a/c was on, it would die alot of times. If I managed to switch of the a/c quick enough, I could get it going.

Well, had it flashed and a new tune put in (it's had about 5 since I first got it) and everyting was great. Then....went to K-Dale on Friday night and during the 3rd run I bounced it off the rev limiter a few times and...

Also, I just about forgot...The car is pinging like there is no tomorrow. After the tune that was fixed, now it's doing it again, maybe worse.

Air bag light goes on, stays steady for approx 10 seconds, then goes off for 5 - 10 seconds and comes on again.

Anyone have any input ??

Kev

Last edited by K9Kev; 07-17-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine acted crazy when I lost an O2 sensor, but I never saw the airbag light get involved. Mine idled really rough, had a strong fuel smell, and did lots of surging and sputtering. I took it to the shop, where they reset the fuel trims and it ran ok for a few days, then the bottom fell out again. Replaced the O2 sensor and everything went back to normal.

Then the other one died a week or so later.

-Mike
Old 07-17-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a wideband?

The abs light if going on and off can be checked with a scan tool for what the codes are. EFILive's $249 dollar scan tool can read and erase those body codes. It would help you pinpoint the problem without having to guess.

But my guess would be that it is maybe a ground issue on the light problem, or it is a wrong vin number in the engine computer.