Lost LS1 in Houston (LONG POST)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lost LS1 in Houston (LONG POST)

Howdy everyone. WARNING: this is greatly depressing yet there is light at the end of the tunnel, but if you can't handle the death of a great icon like the LS1, please shield your eyes now.

I was driving down Westheimer headed to work, cruising about 45 mph for some stupid reason while it was raining heavy. Heavy, even in Houston rainstorm standards. I began to hit pockets of heavy water that sprayed over my entire car so I slowed down and my car sputtered and ran rough but then continued to run well after a few seconds. I decided to slow the hell down to abotu 25 for the rest of the cruise. So i slow down to second gear around 2000 rpms and then i see a bright orange sign in the middle of the road and struggled to make out the words BEWARE road construction. Then....BOOM it was like hitting a brick wall, my car stalls and water starts pouring into my car. Apparently there was a huge sinkhole that i just sailed into. I tried to get out but the glass wouldn't break....i looked up and quickly undid the ttop and crawled out and jumped off the other ttop and out of the sinkhole. Then like a scifi movie, my car sank into the earth, never to be seen again ...

I then woke up immediately, sweating much like the other dreamer that posted yellow87 i believe was his name, and pissed off like none other. I peak out the window to see that my car was perfectly fine at the early morning hour. Thank god it was only a dream, which i had two nights ago and then today its pouring down rain and i had to go slow as hell on the way to work. Hopefully it will only remain a dream....
Old 07-26-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

What a nightmare, jesus!
Old 07-26-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

man that is a sucky dream...iv had so many nightmares about my car lol i wrecked it, someone else wrecked it, it caught fire...someone threw paint thinnner on it...and everytime feels so real! but as you did i wake up and realize and thank the lord that it was only a dream! WOW thats pretty bad when you start having nightmares about your car becuase your OBSESSED! oh well...
good story...sucky dream...but good story
Old 07-26-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL. The mental picture is kind of funny. Watch out for 4th gen eating sinkholes, my friend!

Glad nothing happened, but they are just cars .
Ryan
Old 07-26-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha....isn't it sad how obsessed we become sometimes?
Old 07-28-2006, 04:55 AM
TECH Resident

Yes indeed....Everytime my wife says something about getting rid of a car, she is like...we'll just sell your car...and i immediately retaliate with "BULLSHIT!!"

LOL but then after a while I realize that there will come a day that I will have to sell my baby for something needed, not wanted.

Fortunately I have not had a dream that consists of any of the afore mentioned. I always have great dreams of my car.....Driving on that perfect moring with the tops off, the wife next to me giving me that look of "Let's pull over and find a place to f**k.." **** like that.
I love them dreams.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

i just wanted to say thank you for posting this...because last night i went home after reading it and i couldnt sleep...cus my car was parked on the street...
Old 07-28-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol, that reminds me of a dream i had once.....a freakin WEIRD one, too.....

for some reason, my mom & i traveled to Mexico (don't ask me why!) in my car, and we ended up stopping at this house. the outside was completely different, but the inside looked exactly like my aunt's old house in Clute, TX.

fast forward a little, and i hear my alarm going off on my car, so i rush to the window, and i see some truck take off, hauling *** down the road. i look to where my car is parked, and the damn thing is stripped BARE! no wheels, no doors, no rear hatch, no engine....nothing....just a frame sitting up on blocks (and obviously a battery, since the alarm was going off )

i think the reason i was dreaming about it getting stripped like that and sitting up on blocks is because just not too long before that, i went to Austin to my cousin's wedding, and there was a car in his apts. parking lot that had all 4 of its wheels jacked, they had put 2 big cinder blocks right in the center of the car, and just tilted it front/back on the blocks while they took the wheels off.

but as for why i was dreaming about going to Mexico, or why my aunt's house was there? not a damn clue on that.....

but yeah, i did the same thing....i ran outside still half-asleep and dazed, and made sure my car was still there (and in one piece).....
Old 07-29-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Veteran

damn ive had some wierd nightmares lately too...bad ones..something is in the water!

One dream i like shot the pope for god knows why and people were chasing me and i thought i was not dreaming and i was freaking out for what i did...I hate those dreams where u do something horrible and not know ur sleeping and think it is actual real life...scary thank god it was a dream...
and the other night i had a dream where i was a spider and some black dude kept trying to stab me in the neck with a pen...WTF!??
Old 07-29-2006, 02:04 AM
TECH Addict

ive had a lot of them . in one of them i was trying to outrun a tornado. just as i was away from it . another one came out of the sky and caught me. just as it caught me the car started rolling and hitting other objects i woke up. not even two weeks after that nightmare i crashed and rolled my car over on top of the galveston bridge. felt like deja-vu!
Old 07-29-2006, 05:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know whats worse, your car sinking or you haveing to pull some covert moves and force the t-top open so you don't drown.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
ive had a lot of them . in one of them i was trying to outrun a tornado. just as i was away from it . another one came out of the sky and caught me. just as it caught me the car started rolling and hitting other objects i woke up. not even two weeks after that nightmare i crashed and rolled my car over on top of the galveston bridge. felt like deja-vu!
wicked