Earl Scheib

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Earl Scheib

I need to get my car repainted the paint looks like **** right now here are some pics

ok? so you can see what I mean although it looks better than when I got it it still looks like crap. My question is have any of you ever seen the quality of the Earl Scheib paint jobs. I have heard they are very good for most paintjobs in the same price range. I dont need it to be perfect but as you can see there are spots on the door and the front quarter pannels where I had to put some walmart auto paint to cover up some white spots.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

it all depends on what you wanna go for. Show quality? Stay away ... custom work? Stay away. Just a good solid color? Go w/them I suppose. I had some legal problems with them because they screwed me over when they did some stripes on an old car of mine, but before they did the stripes, the original paint job was pretty decent! I always thought it'd be kinda nice to swap out paint jobs every few years You can do that for $500 paint job. Like Hugger Orange? Go for it. Sick of it in a couple years? Go with Millenium Yellow. I'd prep it yourself though if that is the case.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Launching!

Got my Z painted painted their!! Did my own prep work though,the paint was nice..
Old 08-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Import Patrol

There are some earl scheib out here. And they are junk. I had a few friends get there cars painted there, and it did not come out that great. I would give them a beater to do, but no my f-body!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

I am not talking show quality but I am looking for somthing that is good quality for my money that I can not be embarased about driving around in.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Mustang Moderator

I have heard the places like Earl Scheib and Maaco, those types, can usually lay down some good color, but the devil is in the details. They don't spend much time prepping, masking off, etc etc.

If you do all that yourself and just have them spray it, you could come out on top.

Arron
Old 08-02-2006, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I'd do ALL the prep work yourself and just tell them to spray the color on it. I had a car painted there a few years back. Granted it was a junker and I got their cheapest package, but the paint started peeling 2.5 months after I had it back and about a year later, I stripped the whole thing down myself and primered it.

I think that if you do your own prep work (or maybe pay them a little extra to do a good job) and have them lay a few coats of color and a couple coats of clear and then have them put it in their "dryer" then it ought to come out pretty good.

Btw, make sure you mask off your wheels and exhuast as they don't seem to do that either