lt1 help

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 02:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lt1 help

anyone in here ever swapped a obd2 computer into a 94? wondering if anyoone can help or knows some1 that can...
Old 08-10-2006, 08:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a road race car, it worked just fine.

But realize, engine management was all we cared about. The car was completely stripped of the original wiring harness and a Painless harness was used instead.

VATS, BCM, eveything is gone.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Banned

huh? so youve done it before on a road race car, you think its alot differant on a stock wire harness, can ya help me?
Old 08-10-2006, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did it. I seem to remember having problems with the tach, I think it was. It was either the tach or the speedo, that was like 6 years ago. I'm old and forgetful.

I have LT1Edit for OBDII. That allowed me to turn off the codes for the rear O2's and the crank position sensor. I don't remember what I did for the knock module...

I did it because my car didn't like the Yank ST3500. OBD1 computer was not happy at all at the dragstrip. OBDII computer worked perfectly with it.

So it's possible... but the cobwebs have taken over that part of my brain.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by daniel6718
huh? so youve done it before on a road race car, you think its alot differant on a stock wire harness, can ya help me?
I wish I could answer that.

Do I think you could plug and play in a fully functional F-Car?

No, I don't. There would be some issues that would need to be addressed.

However, I think it would probably run OK, but you would set some codes. i also don't believe you will hurt anything by trying it ...

FWIW, I don't even have my trans wired in. When I say stripped, I mean stripped ... no key, no lights (except for brake lights) ... nothing.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Banned

well this is an obd2 conversion pcm...it supposed to plug in and change the knock sensor and go...theres a few wiring issues to be able to scan it and thats the biggest problem, im not the best with wiring i have all the info ive donw what i needed to but i cant get the scanners to link to the computer to tell me whats wrong, so im really just wanting some help either a shop or a person that can help me out