Nacogdoches

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nacogdoches

What's it like up there? I'm moving there next week to attend SFA and I wanted to know what kind of atmosphere should i expect? A lot of car enthusists? Mainly rice or domestic? Any meets around town? Anybody that go to the school?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

Chuck Norris roams around there.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its pretty country up there bro, i have family that lives close to there. if you find something cool to get into let me know.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its ok brian you can make a trip up to waco and ill have the guys in the autotech building do something nice for you on ur car then u can cruise with me to ennis or somethin. I thought I remembered hearin somethin about an fbody scene in nachadoches (sp) a while ago. theres got to be some ppl goin to sfa with fbods
Old 08-20-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

pinevalley near lufkin, thats what there is todo. other than that, I hope you like trees.

Josh
Old 08-20-2006, 03:32 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah man I go to school out there and we started a car gtg out at sonci on tuesday nights for the f-body guys out there in the spring semester. There are allot of good looking f-bods, mustangs and unfortunately ricers as well. You'll see us around town

As far as the school and everything like that. Greek life is a BIG deal out there and most of the parties are associated with them. But its not necessary to join tho. All I can say is I hope you can handle your alchol man!

What dorm are you stayin in?
Old 08-20-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yall should do what we sometimes do in houston. change the location of the meet every couple of weeks and only tell the fbody guys and maybe the mustangs. do not tell the ricers. they will find out by the next week probably
Old 08-20-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Brian,
I live very close to Nac. and go to SFA. Like H/C LS6Z said, we started a meet this past spring, at first it was F-Bodys and then grew into alot of Mustangs. (which was ok) but then we started having every different type of truck, suv, bikes, ricers and what ever else. The owner of the Sonic was happy and offered us discounts on food. But we need to see what we can do this fall. I like the idea of changing the meeting location... We'll have to try that.

Later
Christian
Old 08-22-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by H/C LS6Z
Yeah man I go to school out there and we started a car gtg out at sonci on tuesday nights for the f-body guys out there in the spring semester. There are allot of good looking f-bods, mustangs and unfortunately ricers as well. You'll see us around town

As far as the school and everything like that. Greek life is a BIG deal out there and most of the parties are associated with them. But its not necessary to join tho. All I can say is I hope you can handle your alchol man!

What dorm are you stayin in?
I'm staying in lumberjack village and my roomate is neal ewing? Don't know the guy but i'll probably find out on saturday.

What are the cops like there? Strict? Strict as in do they care about no front license plates and no cats? and what the hell is there to do there?!?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brian2006
I'm staying in lumberjack village and my roomate is neal ewing? Don't know the guy but i'll probably find out on saturday.

What are the cops like there? Strict? Strict as in do they care about no front license plates and no cats? and what the hell is there to do there?!?
Cops are OK about that stuff. If you think your no cats are loud...just wait until one of the old 3/4 ton Chevys racks his straights at you . I grew up in that area, but ran away as soon as possible.

What to do...drink heavily and enjoy the fact that SFA is like 3 females to 1 male and lots of them fine with nothing to do either...except drink and explore male anatomy.

Oh, and if you get tired of that, just hit any of the smaller local towns within a 100 mile radius. Girls will go nuts seeing a new car cruising and you'll be pulled over by some 17yo hot blonde that wants to show you how much she cares.

God, I wish I was 18 again.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

WTF is pine valley
Old 08-22-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
WTF is pine valley
huh?

and one more question. I haven't explored the area too much but what are the roads like? My car is lowered with LT's and the works. I don't have issues with where I currently live but have been places where pot holes cover the roads and sometimes bottom out on my exhaust.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Brian,

Just be easy when your pulling in and out of stores, gas stations, etc. Nac. is the oldest town in Texas and the streets sometime show it. But I haven't had any problems with my LT's hitting.

Are you starting as a Freshman? What courses are you taking?

SFA has been undergoing alot of construction over the past year or so and if your going to be around for a while, your'll get to enjoy the new Rec Center their building. I think it will open in summer 07.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

PineValley is a Drag strip in Diboll, its just south of Lufkin on HWY 59, there's also a drag strip near Rusk. Both are around 30 miles from SFA.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by UB2SLO
PineValley is a Drag strip in Diboll, its just south of Lufkin on HWY 59, there's also a drag strip near Rusk. Both are around 30 miles from SFA.

Man that's nice to hear! I drive hour and a half to get to the nearest strip where i currently live. And I know where Diboll is cause I got a ticket there on the way home from fish camp. And yes I am starting as a freshmen. And No I don't know how I got into Lumberjack Village as a fish either.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hell, I don't know too much about the college life..(parties, greek life, dorms, etc.) I'm a senior.. but im 29, married, with two kids, so I don't get out much. Just every now and then.

I do know that people like to drive up and down north street, showing off their rides/bikes, but you'll have a bunch of High school kids mixed in as well. For the clubs/bars.. Anex/Bullfrogs, Sports Shack, and Banita Creek.

You also, have Lake Nac. with is ok for fishing and skiing, and theres always Golf, Woodland Hills golf course out of 59 south. If you have a 4-wheeler or ATV theres Shiloh Ridge in Alto. http://www.shilohridge.com/
Old 08-23-2006, 01:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

What's up man. I'll be returning to SFA for my second year this thursday. If you get to know people and go out every once and a while you'll have a good time. Greek life is pretty big in Nac. If you haven't had orientation or jack camp, those are great ways to get to know people. ANyways, hit up the rush parties and have a good time. I'll shoot you a PM when my fraternity throws a badass shindig. Honestly, ALL of the streets suck. I had my coilovers set pretty low and scraped alot. However, they are repairing many streets, and SFA is growing as a whole. I'll be in Steen Hall, let me know if you need anything.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slammed-am
What's up man. I'll be returning to SFA for my second year this thursday. If you get to know people and go out every once and a while you'll have a good time. Greek life is pretty big in Nac. If you haven't had orientation or jack camp, those are great ways to get to know people. ANyways, hit up the rush parties and have a good time. I'll shoot you a PM when my fraternity throws a badass shindig. Honestly, ALL of the streets suck. I had my coilovers set pretty low and scraped alot. However, they are repairing many streets, and SFA is growing as a whole. I'll be in Steen Hall, let me know if you need anything.
Best looking wheel/tire setup I've seen on your car. That's wicked.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigRon77
Cops are OK about that stuff. If you think your no cats are loud...just wait until one of the old 3/4 ton Chevys racks his straights at you . I grew up in that area, but ran away as soon as possible.

What to do...drink heavily and enjoy the fact that SFA is like 3 females to 1 male and lots of them fine with nothing to do either...except drink and explore male anatomy.

Oh, and if you get tired of that, just hit any of the smaller local towns within a 100 mile radius. Girls will go nuts seeing a new car cruising and you'll be pulled over by some 17yo hot blonde that wants to show you how much she cares.

God, I wish I was 18 again.
BRIAN! i changed my mind, im going to be visiting ALOT
Old 08-23-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slammed-am
what kind of wheels do you have???