i know you guys dont like imports..but 7.88@181mph????

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i know you guys dont like imports..but 7.88@181mph????

i know alot you guys here dislike imports and you have good reasons to due to alot of these little kids buzzing around causing troubles....

but the Japs did a badass job when they built some of their cars...

this supra went 7.88 at 181 on independent suspension with stock rear end and stock axles...there are a few more running low 8s using similar setups..how many domestics can do that?? no wheelie bar, no big *** tires...

http://home.austin.rr.com/performace/video/7.88pass.mov

my little nissan is running low 9s at 156mph using the stock rear end and stock axles...we are however at a point where we're snapping axles..that is why we cant launch the car hard like the supras or else we'd be deep into the 8s..i got some custom axles coming..but still this car's suspension and rear end was only designed for 155hp...

here is another video..for you guys that think its all top end...check out his 1/8th mile time...isnt that right up there with the 10.5 guys???????

http://home.austin.rr.com/performace.../5.13pass2.mov
Old 08-17-2006, 01:07 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Camaros and Firebirds are also imports. They come from Canada.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

i like supras
Old 08-17-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

and the only reason we're not using Jap trannies is no one work really work on the autos to make them stronger like the the th400s and th350s...supra manual trannies have been proven to hold 1400hp and the nissan trannies have been proven to hold close to 1000hp stock, but who the hell want to use manuals going down the track???
except for the honda boys..hahaha
there are a whole bunch of Hondas running 8s using their stock 5 speed trannies!!!!

SO when you guys hate on the imports, hate on the drivers of these imports and what they do to make them look bad...dont hate on some of those cars cuz they are proven to be very fast when properly modified!!
Old 08-17-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Camaros and Firebirds are also imports. They come from Canada.
No way..camaros and firebirds are as Americans as you can get..maybe they were assembled in Canada, but they're American muslces!!!! when you go to the track in 15-20 years you will probably see alot of LSxs cars at the tracks like you see the all the old muscle cars now...
Old 08-17-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Regular

Whos hating on Imports? I just don't like rice.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I respect anything that is thought out, well engineered, and fast. What doesn't get respect is someone who puts a tripple decker wing and fart pipe on and struts around falsely believing they are fast.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:33 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Originally Posted by sc300
here is another video..for you guys that think its all top end...check out his 1/8th mile time...isnt that right up there with the 10.5 guys???????
No.

And there are stock-suspension Mustangs running 7.50's on drag radials.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

LMAO this thread is going to get good I see it now...

B
Old 08-17-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

i know alot you guys here dislike imports and you have good reasons to due to alot of these little kids buzzing around causing troubles....

but the Japs did a badass job when they built some of their cars...

this supra went 7.88 at 181 on independent suspension with stock rear end and stock axles...there are a few more running low 8s using similar setups..how many domestics can do that?? no wheelie bar, no big *** tires...

http://home.austin.rr.com/performace/video/7.88pass.mov

my little nissan is running low 9s at 156mph using the stock rear end and stock axles...we are however at a point where we're snapping axles..that is why we cant launch the car hard like the supras or else we'd be deep into the 8s..i got some custom axles coming..but still this car's suspension and rear end was only designed for 155hp...

http://home.austin.rr.com/performace.../5.13pass2.mov

The first link just comes up all white, cant view it. That car is pretty impressive. I cant wait to knock him out at the next clash race just like last time !
Old 08-17-2006, 01:48 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I think Duy is obsessed with trying to convince the V8 RWD crowd that imports are cool. Honestly, nobody really cares. Each group has it's preference, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

MOST of us here like fast imports. We just hate ricers. Hell, and 11-second Civic is still impressive in my book, as long as it isn't a tin can with stupid huge slicks on the wrong end of the car. I've seen a few clean 11-sec street Civics that didn't have stickers or fartcans. Those get my respect.

As for Supras, I've always liked them.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:49 PM
12 Second Club

we all know supras can be fast, no need to come here and tell us about it everytime a supra runs a quick ET
Old 08-17-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

SO when you guys hate on the imports, hate on the drivers of these imports and what they do to make them look bad...dont hate on some of those cars cuz they are proven to be very fast when properly modified!!
isnt that true with any car?
Old 08-17-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
No.

And there are stock-suspension Mustangs running 7.50's on drag radials.

dont worry..give us some more time...those guys had a few years head start!

also their stock suspension is nothing like our stock! you cant even compared..they require wheelies bars to keep from flipping over....when we say stock we mean STOCK from the factory, not stock type...there alot of import using 4 links running low 7s and some high 6's..

im not saying the imports will ever be faster than the domestics over all..displacement will always win in the end.... but they're getting very fast...

btw..im not trying to start an arguemnet..just bored at work and trying to do some internet racing since my car is in the chassis shop for a full cage and a parachute...
Old 08-17-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Strini SS
LMAO this thread is going to get good I see it now...

B

you know me..im always stirring up ****..
Old 08-17-2006, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

you know me..im always stirring up ****..
play in the **** too long and your hands will smell

We all love speed
Old 08-17-2006, 01:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Being fast is important, but I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that front wheel drive racecars suck ***. No matter how quick a FWD drag car is, it will always look retarded to me with the huge slicks up front and runners on the ***. lol

But, at least Supras are RWD and can pop wheelies. That is all that matters
Old 08-17-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blaSSt
I respect anything that is thought out, well engineered, and fast. What doesn't get respect is someone who puts a tripple decker wing and fart pipe on and struts around falsely believing they are fast.
my thoughts exactly
Old 08-17-2006, 01:56 PM
8 Second Club

Stock Suspension, No Wheelie Bars, and Drag Radials

7.408@ 197.62mph

Good job to Kean and them, but they are never going to keep up with that.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I think Duy is obsessed with trying to convince the V8 RWD crowd that imports are cool. Honestly, nobody really cares. Each group has it's preference, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

MOST of us here like fast imports. We just hate ricers. Hell, and 11-second Civic is still impressive in my book, as long as it isn't a tin can with stupid huge slicks on the wrong end of the car. I've seen a few clean 11-sec street Civics that didn't have stickers or fartcans. Those get my respect.

As for Supras, I've always liked them.

if no one really cares..how come im always reading about you guys calling imports ricers this and ricers that...for every dumb import drivers out there are just as many dumbass domestic drivers...what about some of those loud *** camaros and trucks..

and yeah...i had a CRX back in the days with the slicks on the wrong end of the car...i was poor back then and that all the money i had..but i still wanted to go fast...mine was not a tin can, but i did have a 4 inch exhaust tip! **** alot of my friends did too....and we were damn proud of our cars

not everyone have the money to buy car fast cars like you guys can as kids growing up...those cheap imports were what we could only afford....but damn some of us RICERS are driving Posrches and BMWs now...some of us even have Vettes just to see what the hype was all about