I Need A Good Lawyer To Sue Insurance Co

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need A Good Lawyer To Sue Insurance Co

Blue Cross/Blue Shield has dropped the coverage my dad had for health care because they say his application was incorrectly filled out. Funny how this issue came up after my dad just had a major heart attack 3 months ago. Blue Cross accepted and approved his coverage, took his money, and now all of a sudden they dropped him and say he needs to pay for the medical expenses from the heart surgery. The bills are piling up and my dad is stressing more and more which only increases his probablity to have another stroke. I get so angry because these big name insurance compnaies can push around people and think that they can't fight back. If any of you know about a lawyer, with a good rep who will hear this possible case please pm me. I would love for my dad to sue the blue out of them.
Thank you.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

The main problem is you have to weigh the cost of the lawyer with the amount of money you are suing for. To win you'll need at least a decent lawyer but you most likely will be able to.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats horse ****, get a lawyer, get your money back and then some....
Old 08-17-2006, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Call: 713-LAWYER4
Old 08-17-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim Adler....The Tough Texas Hammer, he'll "fight to get all the money you deserve"\

Look at the back of your huoston phone book....bound to be a lawyer back there bro.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TurboZ28
The main problem is you have to weigh the cost of the lawyer with the amount of money you are suing for. To win you'll need at least a decent lawyer but you most likely will be able to.

Word, but is the truth !!!, sorry to hear the bad news...

B
Old 08-17-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Veteran

That sucks insurance companies ALWAYS do that ****, they make u get these "GREAT" deals for such and such policy and then when **** hits the fan they drop you like a hot plate. BULLSHIT IMHO!

The Truth: Chances are you probably wont win, because they have the money to hire a big shot attorney and can say whatever(like bringing up that application ****) and say "thats against are policy" and will void ur insurance policy.

But hey never say never!
Its worth a shot...go get ur money back.

Good Luck, and ill pray for your dad, but Im sure he will handle it.

Later
Travis
Old 08-17-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No doubt get a lawyer. This deal could take a long time in the court system.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:54 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about your dad thats bs what the insurance is doing.Good luck to you man and I'll pray also for your family.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Call the Texas Dept. of Insurance .. see if you have recourse through them first .. if not .. get a good attorney.. not an ambulance chaser.

If there is recourcse through the state, you will get better results faster than with an attorney. the only thing insurance companies hate more than paying claims is regualtory troubles.

If the mistake on the form was an honest typo or something like that, you should be able to get it corrected .. if it was an omission of facts, either intentional or unintentional, then it will be a steeper hill to climb, especially if those facts would have affected the ability to do the original underwriting of the policy.

good luck.

http://www.tdi.state.tx.us/

you should be able to find contact info here
Old 08-18-2006, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a case I am sure someone will take it on the basis of winning and no money up front. If they win they get paid, if not they don't get ****.

J
Old 08-18-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you can also set up payments witht he hospital. As long as you are paying something (even if it's $10.00 per month) they cannot do anything. Most of the time the hospital will end up writing it off.

Getting a lawyer will not help. IF you win he will get 40% off the top plus all his expenses. It will take YEARS to settle and you will probably not even end up with enough to cover the bills in the first place.

If his insurance company had been accepting his payments before they cancelled him I'd check into that first with an insurance board.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gipraw
Call the Texas Dept. of Insurance .. see if you have recourse through them first .. if not .. get a good attorney.. not an ambulance chaser.

If there is recourcse through the state, you will get better results faster than with an attorney. the only thing insurance companies hate more than paying claims is regualtory troubles.

If the mistake on the form was an honest typo or something like that, you should be able to get it corrected .. if it was an omission of facts, either intentional or unintentional, then it will be a steeper hill to climb, especially if those facts would have affected the ability to do the original underwriting of the policy.

good luck.

http://www.tdi.state.tx.us/

you should be able to find contact info here

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this post. I really appreciate it and will take your advice.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
Jim Adler....The Tough Texas Hammer, he'll "fight to get all the money you deserve"\

Look at the back of your huoston phone book....bound to be a lawyer back there bro.
I work for yellow pages..... dont call this guy... trust me.

most lawyers will take this case on contengency... no money out of pocket... lawyer collects 28-33% of the winnings.

sounds like you have a good case. where are you located... I will give you some references....

I have met with 100's of personal injury, medical mal, and insurance plaintiff firms in my 6 year career.. the ends and outs are somewhat tricky.... hire a firm that will handle the case directly and not one that will sub it out. you will have more feedback on where it is at.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Teri9672
you can also set up payments witht he hospital. As long as you are paying something (even if it's $10.00 per month) they cannot do anything. Most of the time the hospital will end up writing it off.

Getting a lawyer will not help. IF you win he will get 40% off the top plus all his expenses. It will take YEARS to settle and you will probably not even end up with enough to cover the bills in the first place.

If his insurance company had been accepting his payments before they cancelled him I'd check into that first with an insurance board.
settlements and payments happen after trial. Insurance companies dont pay like small businesses when they lose a case. Get the case filed..... dont bother working with the insurance company... they assume most consumers dont know how to fight them.

get the cancelled check.
get the medical records.
have a copy of the policy
file a complaint with the board of insurance regulators.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

i suggest: (713) 335-5577

http://www.baileygalyengold.com

I also personally know Carol Kondos.

www.kondoslaw.net