Omfg....i Hate The Front Lp Law....

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Omfg....i Hate The Front Lp Law....

yeah so just like every other trans am owner i have been driving around with no front license plate....so i leave the house to go to sonic tonight to get my wife a damn coke....come back and try to get on post (fort hood) and now they have 4 dicks that their sole purpose is to stop people tryin to get on post with deficiencies...so of course i get stopped. The cop that made me stop was a civilian hired to work on post, but he made the poor pvt at the gate tell me to pull over and take all my info.....so the civilian comes over to my car with his badass swagger on, and says, "so you gonna put yer license plate on or am i gonna pull you over every night?" Me being the dumbass that i am says "yer gonna be real busy".....anyway he smirks and walks away....sorry just had to vent. I thought i heard something about this law going away?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

i did hear about it going away but dont know when....
Old 08-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Teching In

hopefully soon.....before myself and officer ******** get to know each other better
Old 08-22-2006, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

it does suck thou.....makes every ride look ugly from the front.....
Old 08-22-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

i just finished my grill...with a place for the plate..ill it on and see what looks like..but its a crappy law
Old 08-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Teching In

the part that pisses me off the most isnt really the law...but that the army has been preaching how short we are MPs...so they hired all these civilians to be cops on fort hood ( like its a city)....and this is what they do.....couldnt we really have budgeted that money somewhere else to stop something else instead of hiring someone to personally remind me that texas likes my car to look like ****?
Old 08-22-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got pulled over the other night (cop thought I was someone he was lookin for) Anyways, He walked to the front and said "Well no front plate but I see no problem here, You have a good night sir" Just like that...this was on Hulen St in south Fort Worth. I figured they gave up on the whole front lp thing heh.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:17 AM
Teching In

I carry mine in the pouch behind my seat. If I get pulled over and a cop asks me about it, I say my car got vandalized and somebody kicked or ripped it off and that I hadn't been able to get another holder as they're specifically made for my car. Not once since I started doing that have I gotten a front plate ticket.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:16 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't think it's going away. The bill suggesting doing away with the front plate failed to pass, last I heard.

-Mike
Old 08-23-2006, 07:40 AM
TECH Resident

Maybe we can start a petition to make a motion to get it passed..Ya know have all F-Body car drivers sign one and then try to get it passed....

I know law makers want them on there for some reason, but think of it this way, when was the last time you had a police man pull you over and pull in front of you instead of behind you? Unless he called for back up then it should never happen....They always get your info from the back end of the car....So what sense does it make? Who TF knows....
Old 08-23-2006, 07:56 AM
TECH Junkie

From what I've heard/read, the new red light cameras are one of the reasons the lawmakers wanted to keep the front plates. Not sure how true that is, but...

-Mike
Old 08-23-2006, 08:15 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do not worry about them sorry asses on Fort Hood. They don't count.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

its with one of those laws that isn't really "enforced." its up to the officers discretion if he wants to write you up or not for not having a front license plate. it all depends on the cops mood I guess. however, it still is against the law "not to have a front license plate"
Old 08-23-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by D-V-OuSS
so the civilian comes over to my car with his badass swagger on, and says, "so you gonna put yer license plate on or am i gonna pull you over every night?" Me being the dumbass that i am says "yer gonna be real busy".....anyway he smirks and walks away....sorry just had to vent. I thought i heard something about this law going away?

you should've busted out "without a paddle" and said to the honkey:

"Im from bum ****....my you got a purdy lip"
Old 08-23-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

That would be "were in east bum **** and you got a perdy mouth"

If you are worried about the front plate, just put it up on the dash while your riding.....when parked, throw it under you seat....or something....
Old 08-23-2006, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the purpose is for redlight cams, mobile emissions testing vans, and laser speed guns. oppression at it's finest! when i get my TX plates, i'm gonna try that photoblocker spray they sell in the back of motor trend on my rear plate. i'm gonna try to leave the front plate installed behind the plastic firebird bezel and use the 'i was just at a car meet, taking pics of my car and forgot to take the bezel off' line, should it ever become an issue.

so no LP is a primary offense in TX? (meaning they can pull you over just for that). in MA, LP is only a secondary offense (they can write you up for it, but they have to pull you over for a 'real' offense first).
Old 08-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Teching In

shooot yeah....and i have heard that i should just put it in the window....but i was actually with a vette owner when he was pulled over by DPS for having it in the window. the DPS guy said IN WINDOW=2 tickets.....impeading drivers vision and no front lp....

Last edited by D-V-OuSS; 08-23-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Its a bullshit law. They try to use it as PC to pull someone over for a fishing expedition, trying to catch drunk drivers who have had lots of practice, drugs, anything.

Might have caught a few folks, but they probably could have been pulled over by profiling as well if it were in effect officially. The rest of the time they just harass otherwise law abiding citizens.

Also, I'd like to see how a 1/16" thick(if that) sheet of metal which sits flush with my dash is a obstruction of my vision. More BS.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Launching!

I got stoped for no front plate, and the cop told me I was getting only a warning. He also said their higher ups were telling them to pull people over, and issue sitations for no front plate. He said his personal car has no front plate on his car, and would be pissed he he got stoped. I thanked him for the warning and put my front plate on. It's not worth the ticket to me.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it considered a 'moving violation'? in other words, does your insurance company get pissed about it, or do you just pay the driving tax and go back about your business?