Good bluetooth headset?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good bluetooth headset?

Sure I've been on CNET and read tons of reviews but how do I know they have a loud F-body?

Recentlt work provided us with Blackberry's and there is no way I am going to walk around with a brick stuck to my face.

What are you guys using and is it working out?

TIA

Brian
Old 08-24-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

I just got a new Katana phone from Sprint and the Motorola H500 sucked it had alot of feed back on the other end. They swapped it out for some ghetto jabtra brand and it is working great it is just a little looser fitting than what I like so I may get a Sprint brand and try it out. LOL at Blackberry being a brick.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I used to use the Jabra for mine... until it went swimming! Long story, Don't ask.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The days of me talikng on the celly in the SS are over. Its too loud in the cockpit. Leave a message shorty.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Launching!

Just try to find one where the speaker has a part that goes into your ear, not just like a headphone where it sticks on the outside. Those work better for loud cars. I know Plantronics makes one.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:21 AM
PR Director

I have the Motorola HS850 and love it. My car is loud and I have no problems hearing, can't say that for the phone though!
Old 08-25-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the Planktronics Discovery 640, and love it ..

it is my 5th bluetooth, and the only one I have really liked. it is small, goes into my ear, so I can hear it ( I have partial hearing loss, so this is important to me)

Reception is good, plus it is multi point capable, so I can use it with two phones, my work blackberry, and my personal Razr at the same time.. I can only talk on one phone at a time, but it maintains both connections, so if either rings, it comes through the headset.

it was a little pricey, but well worth it in my opinion.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

I have the new sprint Katana phone and I want to know one thing ! Why does the blue tooth always disconnect on it's own ? I do not have it set to disconnect it just does this on it's own, sometimes when I get a call I can get it to answer but other times I just flip it open and talk on it. Not lazy just hate waisting money on tech crap that doesn't work properly.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

I had a motorola 750 I believe and it would disconnect while I would be talking. It just pissed me off because it would do it quite often. I just took it back and have not bought another bluetooth since..
Old 08-25-2006, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Gipraw
I have the Planktronics Discovery 640, and love it ..

it is my 5th bluetooth, and the only one I have really liked. it is small, goes into my ear, so I can hear it ( I have partial hearing loss, so this is important to me)

Reception is good, plus it is multi point capable, so I can use it with two phones, my work blackberry, and my personal Razr at the same time.. I can only talk on one phone at a time, but it maintains both connections, so if either rings, it comes through the headset.

it was a little pricey, but well worth it in my opinion.
This is the one I am looking into. The 640 and it's replacement the 655. I too am a little hard of hearing and think this will work well. Does the 640 have a flashing light all the time? I know the 655 does but I hope it can be turned off.

Thanks for the comments.

B
Old 08-25-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hagarr
This is the one I am looking into. The 640 and it's replacement the 655. I too am a little hard of hearing and think this will work well. Does the 640 have a flashing light all the time? I know the 655 does but I hope it can be turned off.

Thanks for the comments.

B
it does have the flashing light, about once every 7 seconds or so, but it is not a bright LED like my jabra is, it is more muted .. it also changes color from blue to yellow to red as the charge runs down .. not sure if you can turn it off or not .. don't think so ..

a few other things I like about it:

- the charger adapters allow you to use basically any phone charger to charge the headset . so you can charge it in your car, or elsewhere without having to carry the charger around with you ..

- the AAA battery charger .. gives you about 12 or so additional hours if you are away from an electrical plug ..

- it seems to hold a charge very well .. I use for a couple of hours worth of talk time every day .. and never have to recharge it during the day ..
Old 08-25-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I used to have a Jabra BT800 Link. It worked great when it could connect to the phone. I ended up returning it only to find out later that there was a recall on my phone because of Bluetooth problems. When the phone wasn't being a bitch, the headset was great. It was comfortable. The voice commands worked perfectly. Overall I was very happy with it and have considered buying another one when I get a new phone. The only problem with it was my friends telling me it was rediculous to have caller ID on my headset.

Last edited by komik; 08-25-2006 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Fixed Typo