what were the texans thinking?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what were the texans thinking?

so we got williams to stop the colts... (which in my mind was stupid in the first place.) not only did we get out *** kicked by them, but we still look like **** overall. when you have the # 1 pick, why dont you get bush or young? i think that pick will go down as the most stupid bone head ******* play in nfl history.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

yeah ....we obviously are having running back problems picking up ron dayne and sam gado.....and carr looked like absolute **** to me....but he usually does
Old 09-17-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Most boneheaded move of all time not picking up VY....OR Bush. I lost all faith in the Texans organization after hearing that first pick. It actually SHOCKED me it was so stupid....
Old 09-17-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

david carr looks retarded!
Old 09-17-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 12ohhhhLS1
yeah ....we obviously are having running back problems picking up ron dayne and sam gado.....and carr looked like absolute **** to me....but he usually does
Dude, what games have you been watching the last 2 weeks? Carr's QB rating was 102.1 last week and 140.2 this week.

Week 2
22/26
219 yards
3 TD passes
0 Interceptions

Our defense is killing us.

Last edited by -Ross-; 09-17-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

When the Texans scored on their opening drive this season, the first in 17 games I might add this season looked promising. But with defense problems and with a QB who's shell shocked I look for a repeat of last season. **** he hurries his throws when he has ****** time. I dont know itll be awhile before H-town dominates.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

fumbling snaps, having centers step on your foot....have they ever practiced taking snaps i mean ****.....ive seen hs games with less center to qb exchange problems....also hes so use to being sacked he doesnt take time to go through all his progressions and often hurries his throws.....he cant lead the team to a victory...for 2 games hes had a great QB rating but for his career his rating is 73.3 thats not too hot....yes the defense is killing us but offensive turnovers dont help much
Old 09-17-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

The problems between Carr and the center are not all Carr's fault. There is another man in that equation. Do you think Carr would have to "hurry" his passes if his O-line was "reliable"?

At this point, I honestly think David Carr is the last person we should be worried about. Williams had one tackle today and the defensive backs couldn't cover a receiver to save their life. I will say the d-backs were "forced" into prolonged coverage today by the d-line. The d-line put no pressure whatsover on Manning.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Bush rushed for like 5 yards today and Vince didnt do much better....
Old 09-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
Exactly..both those guys were non factors for their respective teams too....A rookie is still just that! You got to give these guys time to develop...and that includes Mario Williams....I think in time you guys will see that...
Old 09-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Banned

as an unbiased viewer of the game today... Carr really isn't that good, BUT he did have a few series where he looked like a composed professional player....but overall Houston just sucks *****.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
Actually Vince did fairly well today....and Bush has been doing VERY well. Carr has had what 4 years to develop now? Hes actually went BACKWARDS and was better as a rookie.

As for the Texans DB problems it was IDIOT management who also traded away a perennial PROBOWL back last year to the Cowboys.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -Ross-
The problems between Carr and the center are not all Carr's fault. There is another man in that equation. Do you think Carr would have to "hurry" his passes if his O-line was "reliable"?

At this point, I honestly think David Carr is the last person we should be worried about. Williams had one tackle today and the defensive backs couldn't cover a receiver to save their life. I will say the d-backs were "forced" into prolonged coverage today by the d-line. The d-line put no pressure whatsover on Manning.

Why hasnt it come to yet,nobody likes carr,but you,and maybe a few others.

He looks,acts, gay,and i have never liked him.

If he is so good then why couldnt the texans get **** for him, when they tried shopping him around.

OUR D IS HORRIBLE,COLTS SET A RECORD FOR MOST 1ST DOWNS,IN ONE GAME,I THINK 43
Old 09-18-2006, 05:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Carr Sucks Bottom Line
Old 09-18-2006, 05:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Carr sucks! Sure his QB rating may be decent but his completion percentage is only good because they throw 3 yard passes left and right the whole game. They never go deep.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Dude, what games have you been watching the last 2 weeks? Carr's QB rating was 102.1 last week and 140.2 this week.

Week 2
22/26
219 yards
3 TD passes
0 Interceptions

Our defense is killing us.
+1

how many times did he get sacked last week? i think it was six in week 1.any good quarterback is going to look like crap if hes on his back half the game.
Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Carr sucks! Sure his QB rating may be decent but his completion percentage is only good because they throw 3 yard passes left and right the whole game. They never go deep.
he has absolutely NO pass protection. hasnt he led the league in sacks the last two years? he doesnt have time to do anything but dump the ball off.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
When your o-line sucks, that's how you get the ball down field.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by badbluess
OUR D IS HORRIBLE,COLTS SET A RECORD FOR MOST 1ST DOWNS,IN ONE GAME,I THINK 43
Welcome to 10 posts ago.

THE only things that looked good about the Texans yesterday was David Carr and his receivers...it was the same story last week.

If you guys actually think Carr was to blame for the last two losses, you might need to just stop watching football all together, because it's not working out for you.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Junkie

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2006
Old 09-18-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Veteran

I have never liked Carr from day one and still hate him. Even if he was a superbowl quality QB, something about him just gets under my skin. That being said, has he looked better? On paper yes. Stats are one thing, but how many of those completions and TD's came in the fourth quarter when the game was so far out of reach that the defense was just giving the recievers a cushion? The fundamentals of the game is what Carr needs to learn. Maybe go back to little league football and learn how to accept the snap from center. Three fumbles 12 minutes into the game is unacceptable. Granted the O-line looks like ****, as does the whole entire team, but man, when is it going to be time to say that Carr just can't get the job done. He's never had to look over his shoulder and compete for the position and to me seems like he is not a team leader in any way shape or form.