Dallas Cowboys week 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dallas Cowboys week 2

Defense looked damn good, even if it was against the Redskins.

I think Bledsoe bought himself a little more time, not too happy about that, but overall it was a good game.

Discuss....

T.O. broke his finger now and is gonna miss from 2-4 weeks? Did anybody else catch that when it happened during the game?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
Old 09-17-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im guessing it was on the play when like 4 skins players just raped him. He got up a little slow then. Good thing we have the bye next week.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:36 AM
On The Tree

he will miss the philly game though but should be back by the n.y. game
Old 09-18-2006, 04:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think he will play against philly. u know he wants to. the defense did pretty good. i was just glad to see that we just didnt settle for field goals. we actually scored TD's..
Old 09-18-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

The offense looked better this time around, but there's still lots of work to do...penalties screwed them out of a blowout victory. These things will cost them games if they dont get them straightened out...(i.e. jags game) Bledsoe made better decisions throughout the whole game...protection was also a lot better than last week. I think the offense can be a lot more successful if they line glenn and owens on the same side more often...what do you guys think? I was also impressed with J.Jones running...wish he would have gone over 100yds, but penalties prevented that!

T.O. was shaking his hand around after he caught the second slant pass...guess thats why he didnt haul in the TD pass or his others...he'll be back for philly...hopefully
Old 09-18-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

The Cowboys defense looked real good last night. At the end of the 1st quarter I was having deja-vu of last week, lol but they held it together!

I hope everyone saw Roy Williams lay Leftwich out last week, holy crap that guy can put a hurt on!
Old 09-18-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

well its a start, lets just see if we can keep it going. Im not really impressd right now with bledsoe, I dont' think he is mobile enough, which i think is holding the cowboys back.

The defense though is as alwayz winning the games for us. Win or lose im still a Cowboys Fan
Old 09-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chadtx01
Defense looked damn good, even if it was against the Redskins.

I think Bledsoe bought himself a little more time, not too happy about that, but overall it was a good game.

Discuss....

T.O. broke his finger now and is gonna miss from 2-4 weeks? Did anybody else catch that when it happened during the game?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

strange how everyone all of the sudden doesnt like bledsoe. he was like the 3rd best passer in the nfc last year and is doing well so far. honestly i dont know what his stats were from game one. game 2 he did pretty damn good and should been better if the recievers didnt drop 9 pass' that were catchable. yes they had to jump and get or go down a little for them but they hit them in the hands and not just tipped. went right through there hands or bounced off them.

i am all for the cowboys to be looking for a replacement because if nothing else bledsoe probably doesnt have long. as far as romo goes. he did look good in preseason but those games do not count for anything and he wasnt going up against the top defenses. he does show potential but is not ready. i am willing to bet he is learning alot from bledsoe. honestly he reminds me alot of jason garret who would do good to ok in preason but nothing special in real game when aikman was hurt or resting.

just my opion
Old 09-18-2006, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think Bledsoe being the 3rd best passer in the NFC was kind of a bloated stat.

Name other dominant NFC passers. McNabb was hurt part of the year, as was Culpepper. Eli Manning was a rookie, Mark Brunell was Mark Brunell. Vick is a runner, not a passer. Besides that, who do you really have?

Maybe I'm missing somebody but the only 2 decent QB's that were healthy last year that come to mind are Jake Delhomme and Matt Hasselback.

Thing I dont like about Bledsoe is he hangs on to the ball too long, then he tries to force it and ends up throwing 3 picks. He cost us a few games last year and already cost us one this year.