wheel help!

Old 09-19-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel help!

ok, so i was just gonna take my wheel off, put the donut on and drive to discount tire to get the tire fixed. when i started taking off the bolts, one of them stripped and i dont have enough money to get it towed and have it taken off at a stealership. how do i get it off myself.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by idrivesh!t
ok, so i was just gonna take my wheel off, put the donut on and drive to discount tire to get the tire fixed. when i started taking off the bolts, one of them stripped and i dont have enough money to get it towed and have it taken off at a stealership. how do i get it off myself.
stripped as in the lug is stuck? just turn until the lug/stud breaks. you will be able to drive fine temporarily with 4 out of 5 lugs. i've driven on 3 before for a few wks. and the studs are pretty simple to change too. if you can change your brake pads. you can change your studs.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

I think the reason he is asking is because the tire is flat and he can't drive it.

How is it stuck? Like he said, just break it off and replace it later.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:01 AM
Staging Lane

Do you still need help? I live here, I have tools and can give you a ride around town. I work nights and have days free. pm or email me
Old 09-20-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Regular

If the lug nut is stuck, like it wont turn, than beat a 5/8 shocket or smaller on to it and then turn it. It its just turns, and you can get all the others off but that one, then pull the whell when you tirn the nut, it should start to come off..but it if dont it should be very easy to break it from there

Search this Thread