69.23%
Carole Strayhorn
10.26%
Chris Bell
1.28%
Apathetic/Pathetic
5.13%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Which governator hopeful are you voting for?

Old 10-05-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which governator hopeful are you voting for?

Well kinky really has been breathing life into texas politics and im guessing because of him well have the highest voter turnout in the history of our state...
Old 10-05-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Regular

I am sick and tired of the usual political types, Kinky seems to have a lot of my interests in his campaign "promises". Of course, he could also be the typical politician, but I would rather take a chance on him than any of the other hopefuls. I am also going to vote for whoever is NOT in office right now, and I dont care what political affiliation they are. The ones in office are not getting things done. I think that we as voters need to send a message to Washington that we are the ones really in charge, and if you dont listen to what WE want, instead of listening to what lobbyists want... the voters will get your *** out of there.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

kinky..why the hell not?
Old 10-05-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
kinky..why the hell not?

:bowrofl:
Old 10-05-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

i'm going for kinky, we need a new face in there
Old 10-05-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im going for... anyone but PERRY !!!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

kinky all the way. politicians a crooks, kinky is a statesman.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

any but perry
Old 10-05-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i really believe kinky can pull this one off if people get off their asses and vote lol

"its not kinky friedman vs rick perry, its kinky vs apathey"

jesse ventura was down 20% in popular polls before his governor election and he won, kinky is only down like 11%
Old 10-05-2006, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm still waiting for someone to give me a reason to vote for Kinky... I've yet to hear a solid political reason to.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NemeSS
any but perry
his daughter lived at my place last year, and i had always wanted to put a strayhorn sticker over her rick perry sticker
Old 10-05-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

have you looked, or are you just wanting to go against the grain?
Old 10-05-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Perry has a hefty lead on all canidates unfortunatly, Strayhorn, Bell are there a distant 2nd and 3rd and poor Kinky in the rear with 15 % of the votes. Lets hope come election day something great happens and get Perry out of there.

It is time for Texas to get Kinky.

Bell is a boring, dull, and lifeless Dem.

And why the hell would I want one tough Grandma as my Gov. she scares me. Reminds of an Aunt that was mean to me as a kid. HAHA but true
Old 10-05-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
his daughter lived at my place last year, and i had always wanted to put a strayhorn sticker over her rick perry sticker

was she hot?
Old 10-05-2006, 02:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm politically retarded on Texas politics...what's so bad about Perry? I'm voting Kinky but have just recently heard lots of negative against Perry...just curious what's up to bring that attitude towards him.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hawgs
I'm still waiting for someone to give me a reason to vote for Kinky... I've yet to hear a solid political reason to.
That's exactly why you should... because he's NOT political, he's real.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
Perry has a hefty lead on all canidates unfortunatly, Strayhorn, Bell are there a distant 2nd and 3rd and poor Kinky in the rear with 15 % of the votes. Lets hope come election day something great happens and get Perry out of there.

It is time for Texas to get Kinky.

Bell is a boring, dull, and lifeless Dem.

And why the hell would I want one tough Grandma as my Gov. she scares me. Reminds of an Aunt that was mean to me as a kid. HAHA but true
what poll numbers did u see? i saw last night on the news perry had like 35% and kinky with 23% and then strayhorn and bell somewhere below in the teens... i remember 23% because ventura had 24% when he won gov in minnesota...

what do u want to know? he wants 10,000 troops on our border that actually have power unlike perrys 1500 with now power and no ammo... he wants to legalize gambling because he says "we invinted texas hold em and we cant even play it here"... he wants to get rid of all of perrys present and future toll roads that hes planned with a spain corporation without telling anyone (like we cant build roads in texas without the spanish?) and then he wants to get rid of the taks test because its idiotic... he wants to increase teacher pay (which has been steadily decreasing during perrys term) and put more money in the schools all together... he wants to get rid of the smoking bans that have been started to get passed.... what else do u want to know?
Old 10-05-2006, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

So Kinky is just the f-u vote for you all, or do you actually think he's capable? My wife and I listened to him in one of the gubernatorial debates, and he sounded like a complete moron ... His responses were way out-there and incoherent, and didn't really address the questions posed.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by monicaz28
That's exactly why you should... because he's NOT political, he's real.
Then why not vote for the bum I gave 15 cents to this morning? He's not political.

Do you really think the office of Governor is better with someone who has NO political know how? How do you think he is going to work with all the other political people he has to work with on a daily basis to get things done? Running the state isn't a 1 man job.

Originally Posted by Silas2k
what do u want to know? he wants 10,000 troops on our border that actually have power unlike perrys 1500 with now power and no ammo... he wants to legalize gambling because he says "we invinted texas hold em and we cant even play it here"... he wants to get rid of all of perrys present and future toll roads that hes planned with a spain corporation without telling anyone (like we cant build roads in texas without the spanish?) and then he wants to get rid of the taks test because its idiotic... he wants to increase teacher pay (which has been steadily decreasing during perrys term) and put more money in the schools all together... he wants to get rid of the smoking bans that have been started to get passed.... what else do u want to know?
So increase the troops on the border times 10. That sounds great, but where the funding going to come from? Hopefully not out of my pocket. Seems like a pipe dream.

Gambling being legal would be nice, but thats not really an issue that effects many people.

I thought the smoking ban was stupid at first, but after going to Austin and being able to go to a bar and come home without smelling like an ashtray was so nice. Made me wish such a thing exsisted in Houston.

"Why not?" just seems like a horrible reason to vote for a governor, and one I don't see working.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hawgs
So increase the troops on the border times 10. That sounds great, but where the funding going to come from? Hopefully not out of my pocket. Seems like a pipe dream.
were one of the richest states in america and were estimated to have a 10-12 billion dollar surplus

Gambling being legal would be nice, but thats not really an issue that effects many people.
i dont gamble but im all in favor of this just to bring tourism here, or even just keep money in the state instead of having to go to las vegas

I thought the smoking ban was stupid at first, but after going to Austin and being able to go to a bar and come home without smelling like an ashtray was so nice. Made me wish such a thing exsisted in Houston.
i dont smoke but i dont mind it either, but i see your point

"Why not?" just seems like a horrible reason to vote for a governor, and one I don't see working.
i believe america is getting sick of politicians, they dodge questions, theyre so ******* politically correct its sickening, they never take blame for anything, for example this republican congressman from florida who got caught chatting with 16 yr old boys... first its the boozes fault, then the kids fault, then the websites fault... next thing u know itll be clintons fault somehow

and historically a governor isnt going to run texas into the ground because after the civil war texas didnt want a strong executive like the north's, so they made the legislative strong instead... if one of his plans is too "radical" theyll just vote it down...

Search this Thread