Interior leak!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Interior leak!

Well i just noticed during rain. My car seems to build up a pile of water both front and rear passenger side. Its not comming in through the window i know this. But it seems as if its comming in from the outer side of the car and leaking down to the floor board. and no i do not have a T-Top. and i park on a flat road.

Any way to fix this?
Old 10-26-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Gonna have to find out where it is coming in first......check everywhere....gotta find the source.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is coming from the grommet in the firewall behind the dashboard on the passenger side where the harness comes in. It happened to me and drove me nuts until I layed under there with a flashlight when it was raining and saw the water dripping in! It's a major pain in the *** to fix because of the location but I can almost assure you that's it!
Old 10-26-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

I agree with ZL1SS. Same thing happened to me. Most of the time its because a radio or an accessory was installed and the grommet came loose and wasn't put back the way it was.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZL1SS
It is coming from the grommet in the firewall behind the dashboard on the passenger side where the harness comes in. It happened to me and drove me nuts until I layed under there with a flashlight when it was raining and saw the water dripping in! It's a major pain in the *** to fix because of the location but I can almost assure you that's it!

You are one smart man.. I think thats it cause my N20 line is feeeding through there..

Ill have to patch it up with some silicone tom.

Thanks alot man.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZL1SS
I have the same problem been trying to find out where it was coming from.
This is probably it.

Do you have to get under the car to fix it? (probably a stupid question)
Old 10-27-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

on my car it was one of the body seams where the floor board is glued together ( or what ever that white **** is) the factory put the line on the ridge but the glue didnt actually get inside the crack, and everytime i would hit a puddle my carpet would start to get soaked with water, i pulled all of the carpet ALL of it, and searched for about 10 minutes to find the damn leak, then to test my self i got a vacuum and set it to blow, i grabed one end of the hose and stuck it near the crack, then got on the underside and tried to feel for air. sure enough it was blowing air at full force, reglued taht bitch together and havnt had a leak since (FYI i'm hardtop too! )
Old 10-27-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

My car leaked past the weather seal on the rear hatch at one of the body seams, just above the rear wheel (where a couple of different pieces of metal come together). I lifted off the weather seal, applied some tar based gasket goo, pushed the weather seal back down, that fixed it permanently.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what i hate is opening the hatch in downpoors it all goes in ur car wtf or even with just water on it