re-ring or re-build kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re-ring or re-build kits

Where can I find A re-ring or re-build kit for my 02 z.....Sorry for my ignorance if this a beaten to death question.....
Old 10-27-2006, 07:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nemo02Z
Where can I find A re-ring or re-build kit for my 02 z.....Sorry for my ignorance if this a beaten to death question.....
Rod bearings are your normal SBC stuff. mains I got from the dealer even though there are some aftermarket part numbers as well. Rings, i used a Speed Pro setup for my stock pistons. I did all the labor with some friends drinking my beer too. I think in total it cost me about 450 bucks to do it all.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Rod bearings are your normal SBC stuff. mains I got from the dealer even though there are some aftermarket part numbers as well. Rings, i used a Speed Pro setup for my stock pistons. I did all the labor with some friends drinking my beer too. I think in total it cost me about 450 bucks to do it all.

Did you run into any problems during the re-build..... Im kinda tossing a coin weather or not to by a stroker rebuild kit or just freshen up stock and add a cam....
Old 10-27-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nemo02Z
Did you run into any problems during the re-build..... Im kinda tossing a coin weather or not to by a stroker rebuild kit or just freshen up stock and add a cam....
Nope...Didnt even have a spun bearing. I bent a valve and it beat up the piston. Grabbed another rod/piston combo from a motor I tore down that had a busted piston...Honed all the cylinders with a bead hone, installed all new bearings, new rings, ARp rod bolts, ARP head studs and reinstalled all the stock stuff including stock 241 heads. MLS gaskets on the heads and I was in business...I didnt have to use oversize bearings or nothing. If you have a messed up crank that needs to be turned you'll have to order oversize rod bearings and mains...ALl the GM rod/pistons weigh the same so I had no vibration issues either.