Tech member Fed me on my heads

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 09:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tech member Fed me on my heads

I bought my setup for my Z28 in march of 2005 from a local member. He put the car together for me because I bought all of the parts off of his car.

Well, the story starts with the heads. The heads are ported LS6 heads. They were smoking when he took them off of his car. So, I gave him some extra cash and he took them to his buddy Mark Kanark (sp). Mark was suppost to change the valve guides and port the heads further.

What happened was they go all fucked up. The valve job was complete crap and they have smoked since the day I bought them.

When I bought my new motor I had the heads sent to Greg Good. He took them apart and found out that he was going to have to weld on them to be able to fix them. The real kicker was yet to come. Once he had taken the heads apart he found that the heads had different brands of valves, and different length valves. Greg said it was crazy that the car ran and actually made any power.

So I got screwed pretty bad.

Thomas

Well thanks go to G-Force, Eric, Greg

Andrew Alepa, dude that is just so wrong man...

Last edited by 1LSWON; 10-30-2006 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn dude that sux, how ignorant can someone be to screw over a fellow board member. Thank god you didn't crush any of the "longer" valves with a bigger cam.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Greg Good??
Old 10-30-2006, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah I only ran an LS6 cam or I would of had real problems.

Thomas
Old 10-30-2006, 09:46 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Basically the valve job was sunk like we've never seen before. It left a huge hump in the heads where the valvejob transitions into the chamber. Many of the locks, retainers, and valves were different brands with different specs. Greg will be able to fix them up right, though.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Greg Good??
Yes, Greg Good has the heads now and is fixing them. Andrew is the one who told me Mark "fixed" the heads. Mark Kanark (sp) is the person who fucked them up, and Andrew Alepa is the that sold them to me. O'l Andrew and Mark must have flowed them with the spark plugs taken out to get the bullshit numbers they showed me.

Thomas

Last edited by 1LSWON; 10-30-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

I guess that solves all the problems that you thought were the PCV system.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

Did you ever contact Andrew or Mark about this or are you just venting ? I know from experience that Andrew is a stand-up guy and I'm sure he would address the situation if given the chance. Not saying who's right or wrong but that seems like a good place to start...You guys are both good people and I hate to see this get messy!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are you SURE Mark Kanark screwed up the heads?
I mean did he actually work on them or are you taking someone's word for it??

He did the work on my heads, and did a bad *** job. It would just suck if you were running his name in the dirt because someone was feeding you a line of BS.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Good luck with it bro... I know how good Greg is. YOu will have a serious set of heads when he is done with them.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95zpro
Did you ever contact Andrew or Mark about this or are you just venting ? I know from experience that Andrew is a stand-up guy and I'm sure he would address the situation if given the chance. Not saying who's right or wrong but that seems like a good place to start...You guys are both good people and I hate to see this get messy!
Jay If you have his number pm it to me and I'll call him.

Thomas
Old 10-30-2006, 10:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002C5COUPE

He did the work on my heads, and did a bad *** job. It would just suck if you were running his name in the dirt because someone was feeding you a line of BS.
Andrew told me it was Mark and that they were buddies. So yes, I took his word for it. The heads are trashed so, I'm not really sure what to say.

I paid $1450.00 for them from andrew and now have to spend $1000.00 having them fixed.

Thomas
Old 10-30-2006, 10:28 AM
11 Second Club

Not trying to vent, but I have spent over $25,000.00 at this point in mods to my car and having to spend more because something was not what it should be. I don't really care about the money persay, but I do care about being ripped off. I just like things to be done right the first time.

Thomas
Old 10-30-2006, 10:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002C5COUPE

I have the flow sheets from his shop... I can scan them and post them I just remembered that. They have the before he fucked them up and the after lol. The different length valves were a nice touch.

Thomas
Old 10-30-2006, 11:10 AM
FormerVendor

We have had tons of heads sent to mark and have never had this problem and they all come out badass. one things for sure that we have never seen him do is valve jobs and seats. he sends the heads to a machine shop for anything further than porting. just my experience with him. i dont know man but i have never seen people put wrong sized length valves in heads or whatever you mean so you definatly have a weird case but than again you could have gottn sold some shitty heads.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:01 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I hope you get it figured out, at some point it sounds like someone fixed them or just slapped them together...
Old 10-30-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thomas, I know for a fact Andrew would never **** anyone out of anything,Not a dime I have had heads done by both guys and I will say that Greg Good does good work .He takes forever and is very expensive. I have a set of his heads on my vette..they were close to $5,000.00 .You cant take a set of heads from one shop to another and get them to flow them and have them talk trash about another shop.I have had my heads flowed on 2 other flow benches and they were way different numbers ...You bought the heads knowing they were patriot heads.In my opinion the heads were a piece of **** from day one. You were doing a ls6 cam and a set of heads that flowed 310cfm @.600, now you are trying to put these heads on a 408.If you want a set of heads dont buy a 1400.00 set of heads and say the numbers suck.You get what you pay for. And if I remember right the car ran for almost 2 years with these heads on it. Call mark and andrew and talk to them personally getting on the internet and talking **** is for kids.In my honest opinion as much as andrew did for you,Because you were trying to hide it from your dad and he did it in his garage for almost nothing.Because you were to cheap to take it somewhere and have it done.And couldnt do it yourself if you wanted to.I think I would have taken the heads back to B&G and taked to them about it. Not another head shop what are they going to say Thomas oh they do better work than me and for half the price.Pony up and spend $5000.00 on a real set of heads and throw that **** in the trash.Another classic case of someone trying to build a race car with junk!And then when it doesnt work flaming the person that sold them the junk??????these are not race car parts they are cnc'd 6.0 truck heads.not ls6 heads.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1LSWON
Not trying to vent, but I have spent over $25,000.00 at this point in mods to my car and having to spend more because something was not what it should be. I don't really care about the money persay, but I do care about being ripped off. I just like things to be done right the first time.

Thomas

exactly, it is all about respect to others... sorry to hear T, but glad everything is getting fixed now
Old 10-30-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

call him now and talk to him like a man about it!!! 713-478-8049..
Old 10-30-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Landers bringin da heatz

Quick Reply: Tech member Fed me on my heads