New Combo Put To The Test (long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool New Combo Put To The Test (long)

It's been along year with many set backs starting in March at the Texas Mile. We went lean while spraying and burnt a valve. When i repaired the valve I put a bigger cam in the engine. Someone forgot to torque the cam bolts and ruined the cam and some lifters.(That someone being me) We pulled the motor and the bearings showed some wear so I decided to have a 383 built. The motor was in the car for a couple weeks and the tranny went out. Back to the topic. This weekend we went back to the Texas Mile and ran a 162 mph while hitting the top speed limiter. Go figure. Now I know why it went lean in March. I had hoped to give Patrick G. a run for the money. See you next year Patrick. Loaded up and drove the car home got a ticket for doing 85 in Sugar Land. Decided to go to HRP Sunday night. Ran in to Mike of G-Force and asked him about the limiter (WTF Mike). He said he never takes them off when he tunes a car. I know that now to. Any way back to racing.Bolted on the ET streets and dropped the sway bar the car ran 11.2 @120. I had wanted to run a 10, but still not to bad. That's on motor.
I would like to thank MTI for the short block.
Mike and the G-Force guys for the tune(well maybe not mike)lol.
Mike Kurtz @ century transmission for getting the 4l60e to work.
Clear Lake Speed Shop ,and Houston Engine and Balance.
Special thanks to my son Eric for all the help swapping engines and Trannys.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Regular

Nice work. Good looking times. Is this on a 10 bolt?
Old 10-30-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Regular

Congrats brother.........you seem to be in very good spirits ever with the little bad luck. Best wishes to you.

J.R.