fast ls1 ppl. please come in

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fast ls1 ppl. please come in

what are the suspension mods you guys have?? also, any weight reductions?

ive got a full weight TA, i would like to run low 11 secs or better with my current setup. ill be getting NOS system soon but i would like to lose some weight and good suspenstion setup for TRACTION~
Old 11-01-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Funny how you do somethig then someone asks about it....
I just did the back seat delete with the spair tire. I noticed the difference right away, my tires spun alot easier, looks cool but your not moving faster than you sound lol. The car is certainly front heavy, so it'll be kinda like a truck. Not enough wt in the rear to hold solid traction without some suspension set up for it. Do you want comfort or a race-car? Me, I want a race car so no speakers, back seat, soon to be gone a/c etc... Im sure some drag guys will have excellent advice on this topic. You may want to check that forum too. Good luck.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Launching!

Weight reduction is not really the best thing if you want a comfortable cruiser/DD. Best things for traction are LCAs (lower control arms), sub frame connectors, aftermarket torque arm, sway bar, and some good shocks. I pulled a 1.31 60' with everything listed above minus the shocks and sway bar on factory springs.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TX_SS
what are the suspension mods you guys have?? also, any weight reductions?

ive got a full weight TA, i would like to run low 11 secs or better with my current setup. ill be getting NOS system soon but i would like to lose some weight and good suspenstion setup for TRACTION~
David, your car needs LCA's in a bad way, we could get a torque arm as well to adjust pinion angle for more forward bite. Id then relocate it off a BMR X-member so we dont break the tailshaft off the trans. Get you some QA1 shocks front and rear. Weld on a Wolfe Sway bar to that new 9" we put under there last weekend. More importantly the car needs a new setup for power. If anything and on a good day, i think you will run a mid to high 11. The car is still full weight and theres alot of places we can shed that at.

These are a few things to look at for now. We can talk about it later when you come over tomorrow evening to mount your stock sway bar back on the car.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
David, your car needs LCA's in a bad way, we could get a torque arm as well to adjust pinion angle for more forward bite. Id then relocate it off a BMR X-member so we dont break the tailshaft off the trans. Get you some QA1 shocks front and rear. Weld on a Wolfe Sway bar to that new 9" we put under there last weekend. More importantly the car needs a new setup for power. If anything and on a good day, i think you will run a mid to high 11. The car is still full weight and theres alot of places we can shed that at.

These are a few things to look at for now. We can talk about it later when you come over tomorrow evening to mount your stock sway bar back on the car.
i might get the torque arm and LCA soon. but not other stuff. itz too expensive plus im goin to wait till i find a daily beater next year. then ill make this car into a RACE CAR~!!

ps LETZ GO TO TAH TRACK~ and see what this car can do. im guessing high 7sec @ 95mph with 1.8 60 with me driving it.. what do you think V6 Bird
Old 11-02-2006, 01:20 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Trak pak here. It helps a lot like Mike says with traction. LCA's are a must also for sure. K member will help in the front, but then you are talking $$$$....
Old 11-02-2006, 08:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Trak pak here. It helps a lot like Mike says with traction. LCA's are a must also for sure. K member will help in the front, but then you are talking $$$$....
Dont care for the trak paks...Short torque arms are good for wheelies and breaking oil pans. Just ask Madman...
Old 11-02-2006, 08:23 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol, yeah I knew that.