I think that 2000 Camaro was a SCAM

Old 11-10-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think that 2000 Camaro was a SCAM

Here's the link to the post about it yesterday
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=tomball

I sent the guy a msg about it and i get the typical scam msg back about he's out of the US etc... here it is:

Thank you for inquiring in my 2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe first of all. The car has no dents and was never damaged, wrecked or even scratched. Only 41,885 original miles on board, new tires. VIN: 2G1FP22G7Y2124622 . I am currently out of the US for my son's surgery who was injured in the army and that is the main reason i am selling this new car. Since i can't handle this transaction myself i have trusted ebay with the sale of this car so everything can go as smooth as possible. Shipping and pick-up is available at your choice but either way i will have to register our transaction and make everything legitimate. The buy it now price is $4300 , reply back with your ebay user id and full name if you want to move on.
Regards
Old 11-10-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Scam. Walk away.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:22 AM
SAI
TECH Apprentice

I thought it was a dealership, when I called, they said they don't have a 2000 Camaro for sale and it must have been a mistake. Then again maybe there is more than one chevy dealership in Tomball?
Old 11-10-2006, 11:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Parkway Chevrolet is the only chevrolet dealership in tomball. I used to work there. And I know there's no way in hell they'd sell that car for $4300. Dealerships usually rape you on their used cars

From the pictures it's obviously at some kind of park and sell or a privately owned used car place. Like mentioned before, I bet it was a mistake and meant to be $14300
Old 11-10-2006, 01:17 PM
12 Second Club

SCAM!!!!!! i got that exact same message!!!! DO NOT PROCEED!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Junkie

SCAM SCAM SCAM
I just check the service history and this car had a window motor replaced and the ODO reads 106920 miles and it was done on 10/31/2006 in Richardson Tx at RELIABLE CHEVROLET. Look in the pic the ODO reads only 40K!!!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Regular

if you look really close at the pictures. i have a program that can bring pictures into focus. i pulled it up an looked it says classic auto sales on a sticker. could not read what it says under it though. did alot of looking on the net for a classic but did not find anything in the houston area. i say scam
Old 11-10-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
SCAM SCAM SCAM
I just check the service history and this car had a window motor replaced and the ODO reads 106920 miles and it was done on 10/31/2006 in Richardson Tx at RELIABLE CHEVROLET. Look in the pic the ODO reads only 40K!!!!!
Yep sure enough, gotta love GMdealerworld.com
Old 11-10-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
SCAM SCAM SCAM

Someone should report this before some helpless guy gets screwed
Old 11-10-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

hahahah heres an email I got a month or so after I listed my car on ebay and it did not sell...I got 3 of these from different people "overseas" in the couse of 1 month.

May I quickly intimate you on the procedure of the payment. My client is making efforts concerning the actualization of this transaction and we've concluded issues regarding your payment. It is my pleasure to inform you after discussing with my client on the terms of payment and shipping arrangement, we agreed and he has instructed to carry on with the transaction, he said that I should inform you that payment will get to you in a cashier's check of $13,000 which is a payment of a cancelled order earlier made by my client.

The order was cancelled because, when the agent went for the pick-up of the vehicle, it was discovered that the car had been in an accident and this wasn't mentioned during the course of the transaction. You are required to deduct cost of your car, $9,500.00 when payment gets to you and send the balance of $3,500 to my client's shipper/agent via moneygram/western union transfer for him to be able to offset shipping charges, and tax. After payment has reached you and balance sent to the shipper/agent, they will then come for inspection and pick up of the vehicle. While title paper/other necessary documents will be signed and picked by the agent. Confirm this whole arrangement and provide your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, ZIP CODE and PHONE NUMBER for the check payment to be delivered to you via courier service.

Thank you and best regards.

Nelly.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

Lightbulb

Well I sure did start something! just shows you the kind of people out there! (you got to be careful with these bozos) They can really screw you over!

P.S. I posted that threadhttps://ls1tech.com/forums/showt...ghlight=tomball
Old 11-10-2006, 07:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
hahahah heres an email I got a month or so after I listed my car on ebay and it did not sell...I got 3 of these from different people "overseas" in the couse of 1 month.

May I quickly intimate you on the procedure of the payment. My client is making efforts concerning the actualization of this transaction and we've concluded issues regarding your payment. It is my pleasure to inform you after discussing with my client on the terms of payment and shipping arrangement, we agreed and he has instructed to carry on with the transaction, he said that I should inform you that payment will get to you in a cashier's check of $13,000 which is a payment of a cancelled order earlier made by my client.

The order was cancelled because, when the agent went for the pick-up of the vehicle, it was discovered that the car had been in an accident and this wasn't mentioned during the course of the transaction. You are required to deduct cost of your car, $9,500.00 when payment gets to you and send the balance of $3,500 to my client's shipper/agent via moneygram/western union transfer for him to be able to offset shipping charges, and tax. After payment has reached you and balance sent to the shipper/agent, they will then come for inspection and pick up of the vehicle. While title paper/other necessary documents will be signed and picked by the agent. Confirm this whole arrangement and provide your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, ZIP CODE and PHONE NUMBER for the check payment to be delivered to you via courier service.

Thank you and best regards.

Nelly.

haha.... Nelly
Old 11-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned

So let me get this straight Ell..He wanted you to send him 3 grand so that he would let you cash the 13k check? Freaking scammers these days...They get stupider and stupider my friend actually got scammed on ebay because he bought from a guy with ZERO feedback...
Old 11-10-2006, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Super Speed
So let me get this straight Ell..He wanted you to send him 3 grand so that he would let you cash the 13k check? Freaking scammers these days...They get stupider and stupider my friend actually got scammed on ebay because he bought from a guy with ZERO feedback...
No what they do is send FAKE checks that initially clear through the bank, then you give them the Scam bait forums would have a blast with these guys.

Search this Thread