Need Ticket Advise ASAP!!!

Old 11-13-2006, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Ticket Advise ASAP!!!

o.k. I got a speeding ticket 3 months ago and since I already took defensive driving within a year to dismiss one already I couldn't do that again. So I paid like $100 or so and got it defered (basically you can't get a ticket within the same county for 3 months and it gets eliminated) but I was supposed to show up at the court on 11-08 to finalize it and get it dismissed and guess what........ I forgot

Anyways I called the court and the lady said either I have to pay like $200 for the ticket or file an appeal and it goes to district court and she said she doesn't know what happens after that (yeah right).

So I was wondering if anyone else had this experience or does anyone know what happens and what to do after you file an appeal???????

thanks in advance for any advise,
Old 11-13-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

David Sprecher - (713) 639-2600
Old 11-13-2006, 01:20 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

Personally I'd hire an attorney but here if they appeal it to district the case usually gets dropped because the officer isn't going to show up. Atleast on my one ticket that actually had to be appealed that was the case. DPS officer writing tickets for a local JP court, appealed to county and was dropped.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hawgs
David Sprecher - (713) 639-2600

Do it now.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lo_jack
Do it now.

done.

They couldn't help me, the secretary said since I already started the process/ made an arrangement with the court - it's too late to hire a lawyer so I have to deal with it. I asked her for any advice she could give me or if she knew of any case like this and she couldn't help me.

i'm wondering what this whole "APPEAL" process is like if I do it....
Old 11-13-2006, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

why don't you just pay the ticket and be done with it?
Do you already have tickets on your record? if not, that's what i would do. it'd be a PITA now to try and do anything else.

insurance isn't automatically notified of your ticket anyway if thats what you're worried about. they do "random" checks every so often, is what i was told.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002C5COUPE
why don't you just pay the ticket and be done with it?
Do you already have tickets on your record? if not, that's what i would do. it'd be a PITA now to try and do anything else.

insurance isn't automatically notified of your ticket anyway if thats what you're worried about. they do "random" checks every so often, is what i was told.
Just paying a ticket is horrible advice no matter what the situation. His insurance company will find out and in the off chance they don't... when shopping for new insurance, they will.

I'd try to find out what the appeal process is, certainly someone knows. Then prepare from there.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just paying a ticket is horrible advice no matter what the situation. His insurance company will find out and in the off chance they don't... when shopping for new insurance, they will.

I'd try to find out what the appeal process is, certainly someone knows. Then prepare from there.
yeah like theyre going to drop you if you get a ticket...

I rear ended a lexus and got a ticket for it. my rates went up $6/month. It's not the end of the world.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002C5COUPE
yeah like theyre going to drop you if you get a ticket...

I rear ended a lexus and got a ticket for it. my rates went up $6/month. It's not the end of the world.
Of course they won't drop you, they'll just charge you more. Do you know the extent of his ticket? If it is 25MPH+ over, insurances look at that as a reckless driving ticket and will thoroughly raise your premiums.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have 1 or 2 tickets on my record and my insurance company never found out - and if they did nothing happened...I'm paying the same rate etc - and when i turned 21 my insurance cut in half - now I'm only paying $83/month for full coverage on my car.

Search this Thread