TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn. Truck Drivers!!!

I know their are several truck drivers on the board, please read:

http://www.federalobserver.com/archive.php?aid=11360
Old 03-10-2007, 09:49 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting read, but what to do about a lot of this type stuff we vote in people we think will do what is best for our country and the people born and already here and they stab us in the back lol!
Old 03-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Launching!

I agree with most of what we said because I think it will be a serious safety issue if we let mexican truckers drive here. We already have a lot of truckers but then add to the equation truckers that dont know the roads and are not used to weather conditions thats just an accident waiting to happen.

But this statement is just ignorant.

"First you’ll hear of an incident where an American trucker cut the air lines or deflated the tires on a Mexican truck. Then, you’ll hear of huge pileup with a Mexican truck. Later, you’ll hear about American truckers playing cowboy football with their leather boots with Mexican drivers used for the pigskin. Following that, you’ll hear about riots in the truck stops with American truckers busting Mexican heads."
Old 03-10-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

Im not saying that it is right, BUT... there has to be more to it than that. Thats only one side of the story. Anyone care to find the measure that is going to pass?
Old 03-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Launching!

There is a great deal of truth to most of what the author said and I happen to be a truck driver (all 48), But to be real it seems to me that he's expressing more racism against mexicans than actually driving. (I am 100% American too) so I'm not biased either way. Further more I think we all know it won't be that simple (Bush ok-ing this bill). Always two sides to a story. Thanks for the post 00 Z28
Old 03-10-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs down

Unfortunately, Bush thinks NORTH AMERICA should include Mexico also..IN ALL REGARDS...which is a big mistake..... with their SUBSTANDARD LAWS...they are NOT like the U.S. and CANADA.....no matter how much they try to say they are....

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 03-10-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Unfortunately, Bush thinks NORTH AMERICA should include Mexico also..IN ALL REGARDS...which is a big mistake..... with their SUBSTANDARD LAWS...they are NOT like the U.S. and CANADA.....no matter how much they try to say they are....
North america DOES include mexico and canada too, didnt you learn that like in 3rd or 4th grade?
Attached Thumbnails Attn. Truck Drivers!!!-north-america-map.gif  
Old 03-10-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Veteran

I SAY WE BUILD A 50 FOOT WALL AROUND THE U.S. BORDERS than we wont have any problems lol!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Launching!

True that, with all due respect to everyone (no pun intended) there is a major problem with illegal aliens in the U.S. But how does one ethically deal with this ? There are a million suggestions but how many are cost effective and logical? Overpopulating the Federal prisons with illegals is definately not the answer. I know for a fact some illegal re-entry's come back to get popped b/c in the system they can work and make enough $$ to send back home and support their families while living better (yes incarcerated) than in their country. Albeit this is not neccessarily true in every case. I still don't see Bush (who in my opinion needs to be impeached) passing some bill to let illegals hop over here and drive the U.S highways. As most of us truckers know D.O.T is cracking down on absolutely everything in reguards to 18 wheelers, They're even talking of limiting all trucks to 68 mph which most of the larger company's are doing now anyway. Point being it's all talk.