Texas Jam Power Competition - Aug 18

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Texas Jam Power Competition - Aug 18

Edit: 8/15/07 Because of Tropical depression Erin, the Jam is being postponed until October. Once we get a clear 4 day weather window, I will post up when the event will happen. Check back frequently here on LS1tech for the latest information.

What: the Texas Jam 07' is an automotive power competition. How does it work? Simple, 5 cars from the Dallas/Fort Worth area and 5 cars from Houston battle it out on the dyno. Highest cumulative power wins the competition, trophies, bragging rights until next year, and honors in Turbo Magaine. This year we have one slot reserved on the DFW dyno roster for Austin. The primary sponsor for the event is Dynosaur Performance, who let all of the contenders spin their cars for F-R-E-E. In addition, Dynosaur Performance has reconfigured their dyno to read 1,500rwhp just for this event. You can expect to see a wide diversity of cars contending for their hometowns ranging from Vipers, Corvettes, Camaros, Supras, and cars with wicked motor swaps. Last years event brought out a HUGE crowd and landed us a 4 page spread in a national magazine, Turbo Magazine. This years event will be even bigger. This is the only event of its kind so make sure to come out and support your hometown heros. Pill up, boost up, and get ready for a gross display of power at the Texas Jam 07' Power Competition.

When: October. Competition starts at 3pm.

Cost: F-R-E-E dyno pulls. Your only cost will be food and accommodation.

Where: Dynosaur Performance. 4551 West Bailey Boswell Road. Fort Worth, Texas 76179. 817 614 3740.

Who: EVERYONE come on out and support your city. :gh: Houston forum members, we caravan from Houston Saturday morning. Check the caravan thread for more details.

Roll Call Here.

Threads from last year's event:

1. My pics.
2. Final 06' Results.
3. Vids.
4. Randy's Pics.

PLEASE DO NOT REPOST THIS INFORMATION ELSEWHERE

Last edited by Amar; 08-16-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Amar
DO NOT REPOST THIS INFORMATION ON OTHER WEBSITES PLEASE

What are you scared some Austin cars might show up and blow everyeone away with 1500 hp ?
Old 03-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SERIALPIMP
What are you scared some Austin cars might show up and blow everyeone away with 1500 hp ?
LOL. No, just don't need unwanted attention. I would have loved to have Austin in on this but it's not feasible at this point.

Mods, please sticky when possible. Thank you in advance.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

short notice on time eh
Old 03-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
short notice on time eh
8 weeks is short? We are not walking to DFW. LOL. Last year we held the event in July and it was too hot. We only have a few months left with comfortable weather so May makes more sense. It's a three day weekend too so that helps.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

it was the first time to see it on here. My bad Amar. I remember everything about the event from last year.

My apologies, have fun and bring the title back to Houston. Your car made pretty good numbers from what i recall from tx2k7...amirite?!?!
Old 03-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
it was the first time to see it on here. My bad Amar. I remember everything about the event from last year.

My apologies, have fun and bring the title back to Houston. Your car made pretty good numbers from what i recall from tx2k7...amirite?!?!
You must forgo one of your 20 kegger frat parties and make this year But you are correct, I was too wrapped working with sponsors and didn't post about it on here until now. I have been talking to Kelly and some of the other DFW guys and holding on to the title is going to be tough. He is trying to line up 5 1k+ cars. We'll see. As for my car, I plan on running it at the North v. Southside meet.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:30 PM
9 Second Club

8 weeks is not enough time for someone to finish the work they already begun and finilize it all Unless it was just changing the oil
Old 03-29-2007, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Amar, I sent a quick PM to you.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98Birdie
Amar, I sent a quick PM to you.
Thanks for the PM and hope you don't mind me answering it here (others are probably wondering the same). To answer your question the event is for everyone to enjoy. You do not need a forced induction car to attend. To spin the rollers for your hometown you might need a little boost though unless you can make the power some other way. Come on out and have a good time with good people
Old 03-29-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Regular

i hope my nissan will be there this year..i just dropped it off at the chassis shop to get some work done..im not doing a funny car cage so it will still be a street car..and this year it will make over 1200hp..i was embarassed last year...it only made 780hp, the lowest from the houston group...

duy
Old 03-29-2007, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

No problem. I think I will come and admire. The location is just down the road from where I live. Can't pass that up.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tiago
8 weeks is not enough time for someone to finish the work they already begun and finilize it all Unless it was just changing the oil
You work on your car just as slow as you drive it

sc300: You are the man. Thanks for your involvement with Lindale Healthcare Clinic and also bringing your stable to the meet. 780rwhp is wicked by any standard.

98Birdie: See you there. If Dynosaur Peformance is close by your house stop by and tell Ross and Clint they are going to get waxed again this year
Old 03-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Banned

Maybe next time Austin can get in the mix huh?
Old 03-29-2007, 05:26 PM
10 Second Club

count me in....... 2000 WS6 408 with some insurance.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Maybe next time Austin can get in the mix huh?
You bet. I have been to Austin a ton of times for car stuff. You guys have really strong and supportive crowd. If I could find a dyno facility there to work with I think a meet would be INSANE. Hell, I wouldn't mind putting another one together this fall if I could just find a shop
Old 03-29-2007, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Amar
You bet. I have been to Austin a ton of times for car stuff. You guys have really strong and supportive crowd. If I could find a dyno facility there to work with I think a meet would be INSANE. Hell, I wouldn't mind putting another one together this fall if I could just find a shop

im sure Justin and Kean at Boostlogic will find us a place....but damn...they have that 1500hp streetcar and i dont even know what that racecar makes...

but im sure tommy and stephane will have something that will represent houston...
Old 03-30-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hmm...So I'm new to this, how do tryouts or whatever to determine the 5 who represent a city work?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Adam98Z
Hmm...So I'm new to this, how do tryouts or whatever to determine the 5 who represent a city work?
Good question. If you want to represent Houston or DFW simply PM me. The contenders are basically handpicked from interested people who can make strong, consistent, and reliable power. Also, when slotting cars for the dyno we focus on pulling a diversity of street cars together (last year Houston had DJ's SS, Tiago's T/A, and a slew of Supras).

I know the forum members here have some wicked rides. If you want to participate just PM me and we can go from there.

sc300: If we ever do this in Austin, I will definately approach the Boostlogic guys. But I can already foresee Chris busting my ***** about it

Forteen3GT: See you there.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
count me in....... 2000 WS6 408 with some insurance.
better have about 800-1000hp to help them DTOWN boys out