Astros really steppin it up

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 11:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Astros really steppin it up

Attended by far the best Astros game I've ever been to tonight. Hats off to Lee and Pence. Especially Lee. He has really come through for us.

Second in our league and maybe Milwaukee will continue their loose streak while we keep winning
Old 05-16-2007, 07:42 AM
Staging Lane

Hunter is going to be a great player for the Astros. Im thinking of becoming a Astro fan if Tom Hicks doesn't stop hiring stupid people, and firing the smart people. Haha JK I will stick by my Rangers but im not going to hold my breath on us making it anywhere this season
Old 05-16-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

I went to the game on Sunday (took my son to his first Astros game on his 1st b-day), and they looked pretty good. I was quite glad to see that they scored 5 runs.... I did, however, leave the game when they brought Lidge in.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

I went to the Saturday game. Oswalt had the start and had a bad first inning but warmed up and held after that. I took my son to his first game that day also, he is ready to go back!
Old 05-16-2007, 10:38 AM
12 Second Club

The 1st 3 batters went a combinded 0-15, not exactly what I call stepping it up....
Old 05-16-2007, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
The 1st 3 batters went a combinded 0-15, not exactly what I call stepping it up....
What do you call winning 9 of 13 compared to how the season started?

It's nice to see that we have other people that can produce on this team and we don't have to hope and pray someone somehow gets on for Lance. Lee and Pence have brought a lot of excitement the past couple weeks.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:46 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hawgs
What do you call winning 9 of 13 compared to how the season started?

It's nice to see that we have other people that can produce on this team and we don't have to hope and pray someone somehow gets on for Lance. Lee and Pence have brought a lot of excitement the past couple weeks.
I guess I forgot to mention Scott and Everett going a combined 0-8. Thats 5 of our 9 batters with ZERO hits. Just face it guys the offense is horrible. Everett needs to be sent back to high school or little leauge, that guy is a ******* joke.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
I guess I forgot to mention Scott and Everett going a combined 0-8. Thats 5 of our 9 batters with ZERO hits. Just face it guys the offense is horrible. Everett needs to be sent back to high school or little leauge, that guy is a ******* joke.
Everett isn't there to hit. He is there to play rock solid SS... which he does. If/when your 3,4,5,6 guys are tearing the cover off the ball, you can get by with a .220 hitter that plays an outstanding SS.

Scott had a bad game and so did Berkman, but I am not worried about either of them.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Everett isn't there to hit. He is there to play rock solid SS... which he does. If/when your 3,4,5,6 guys are tearing the cover off the ball, you can get by with a .220 hitter that plays an outstanding SS.

Scott had a bad game and so did Berkman, but I am not worried about either of them.
I just about posted the same then just deleted it, then saw yours. The poor horse has been beating enough, but from day one it was known he would never be The Wizard at the plate but could play d as good if not better.

The few games he has sat the bench the play at SS is noticeable weaker.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

It's people like you who sit here and allow us to have a pansy *** that bats .200 at SS. Take a look around the leauge and compare him to other SS's, his strong defensive play IN NO WAY makes up for his complete and utter lack of offensive ablility. The Astros prblems have been VERY CLEAR for the last 3 years, OFFENSE!!!! And having a guy like Adam ******* Everett at SS is one of if not THE BIGGEST problem at the plate. He has to go, and it needs to happen NOW. And I don't know what you are watching but we don't even have a solid 5 and our 3/4 guys have been average at best. Berkman is hitting horrible to his standards and Lee is very inconsistant.

BTW how many times does Everett have to come up to the plate with runners on base and either strike out or hit a blooper for you guys to think otherwise. It seems like whenever we have the best oppertunitys it is always him at the plate choking away our runs. It's guys like him that make us one of the WORST teams in the leauge with RISP.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yes cause hawgs is the GM and Owner. hey Hogs get off your *** and get us some pitching while your at it. is the horse dead yet?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy_S
I went to the Saturday game. Oswalt had the start and had a bad first inning but warmed up and held after that. I took my son to his first game that day also, he is ready to go back!
Me and Jake were there, ya jackass!
Old 05-16-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Everett probably saves close to 1 run per game. Saving a run is as good as an RBI in my book.
I beleive he'll probably bring his average up to around .240 by season's end which is acceptable being he is the absolute best SS in the MLB.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by white man
yes cause hawgs is the GM and Owner. hey Hogs get off your *** and get us some pitching while your at it. is the horse dead yet?
Sorry man, I've been slacking. I'll call Roger and Andy and see if we can trade our batboys to the Yankess for them. Maybe the Twins can throw in Santana for a beer guy?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Sorry man, I've been slacking. I'll call Roger and Andy and see if we can trade our batboys to the Yankess for them. Maybe the Twins can throw in Santana for a beer guy?
We do have the famous peanut thrower salesman. I bet we could pick up Zito in exchange.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Everett probably saves close to 1 run per game. Saving a run is as good as an RBI in my book.
I beleive he'll probably bring his average up to around .240 by season's end which is acceptable being he is the absolute best SS in the MLB.
exactly. If he had an RBI each night, no one would talk about him at the plate... but since all the measureables that he does well no one cares about, the Everett sucks talks will continue.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

We do have the famous peanut thrower salesman. I bet we could pick up Zito in exchange.
The PEANUTS, CRACKERJACKS, WAAAAAAAAAAAATER guy? I dunno... maybe he can play SS for us? I bet he'd hit .364.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

The PEANUTS, CRACKERJACKS, WAAAAAAAAAAAATER guy? I dunno... maybe he can play SS for us? I bet he'd hit .364.
With 217 fielding errors.

But hey...offense is what counts, right?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Me and Jake were there, ya jackass!
My dad scored field box tickets right behind 1st base. I went with the family. I thought about calling you but didnt get around to it. He wants to go again so we should get some tix and take the kids!
Old 05-16-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Maybe we can trade the COLDEST FOAM IN THE DOME guy for Mariano Rivera. Hawgs, make that happen.

I'm not sure how I feel about Everett, but I'm glad Tim Purpura is finally doing something about third base. Ensberg is batting .217, and that's just not going to cut it. Everett is hovering around .200, but he counters that with his glove work. Ensberg isn't BAD with the glove (he's better than Lamb, IMO), but he's nothing special. Ensberg just drives me crazy at the plate. It just feels like he watches too many pitches go by. Maybe a Lamb/Loretta plattoon at 3rd will help.

So, Lidge and Ensberg packaged as a trade to...? for ...?

ANd how about that MAD POWAH LUMBAR from Woody Williams last night?

-Mike