If you oppose amnesty for illegals, please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you oppose amnesty for illegals, please read

The U.S. Senate and the White House have reached a compromise on their amnesty and immigration bill which will be voted on next Monday. The bill includes adding an additional 20 million new permanent-residents by greencards over the next 13 years in addition to the 15 million from existing laws, plus it grants a blanket amnesty to 95% of the 12-20 million illegal aliens currently in the country.

To give you an idea of how radically these Senators want to change our nation and communities, consider that there are around 25 million foreign-born now living in this country who have been given green cards over the last 75 years. That number already has overwhelmed and changed thousands of communities. The amount of foreign-born citizens will reach 60 million over the next 13 years if this bill passes. If you thought the population boom of the 90's was big, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

BUT YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, TODAY!

Many of the senators who are currently supporting this amnesty have stated that they don't much care for it, but because they have not received many phone calls from citizens opposing it, that they will go along with it.

Call the senators TODAY, NOW and tell them you OPPOSE the Kennedy/Bush amnesty bill (S. 1348).

The phone number to the D.C. Switchboard is 202-224-3121. Our two senators are Sen. Cornyn (pronounced corn-in) and Sen. Hutchison. When the operator answers, ask for Sen Cornyn's office. She will transfer you and one of Sen Cornyns staffers will answer.

Politely but firmly tell them that you are a constituent from Austin, TX and you want to let the Senator know that you OPPOSE the Kennedy/Bush immigration bill, and that you hope they would not support a bill which grants amnesty or increases immigration levels. Then thank them and hang up.

Then repeat for Sen Hutchison.

It will take less than 5 minutes to do both, and you can make a real difference in the future of this country by spending 5 minutes from your busy day today.

For more information, you may visit NumbersUSA.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Regular

Dude, I live in Houston. Its already to late. I dont have a problem with them being able to live here. That should mean that they are able to now pay in to the tax fund as far as their pay checks and quit standing on the corners every morning for work.

Besides, who do you want to mow the lawns and dig the ditches? Are you willing to do it? Everyone has their place in this fu@ked up world!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

They are here, thats not going to change. They will just have to do more in the actual border area (read: big ******* fence, or lots of people with guns). That would free up a LOT of resources within the department. Now if they do this, and do nothing about border security..... thats when something is wrong.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:39 AM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Its never going to change here till this country hits rock bottom & then they will change it.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 05-17-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

becoming citizens isnt necessarily going to make them pay taxes!! i'm sure they'll still want to work under-the-table jobs.

the reason they cut grass, is because its easy to slip through the system doing a labor job like that. in new england, white people cut your grass, white people pick up your trash.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

This Bill is no good.Very sad.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:32 PM
12 Second Club

so basically you are against mexicans? what wrong with having us here huh?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kornfreak_401
so basically you are against mexicans? what wrong with having us here huh?
yeah if your not a legal resident, i dont care what color you are......get the **** outta here. i'll mow my own grass and dig my own ditches and tell all the lazy *** people to do the same
Old 05-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
becoming citizens isnt necessarily going to make them pay taxes!! i'm sure they'll still want to work under-the-table jobs.

the reason they cut grass, is because its easy to slip through the system doing a labor job like that. in new england, white people cut your grass, white people pick up your trash.
The reason they cut grass is because nobody else will burn under the sun 10 hours a day for 7-8 bucks an hour. Thats good money for them, they are here to stay and will eventually be the majority. If you don't like them, well move out of texas...lol, it used to be Mexico anyway.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Let's get one thing straight...illegal workers aren't just taking lawn-mowing jobs. I used to work with about 30-40 of them that brought in around $100,000 a year. And yes, they were illegal. It was the oil field. Many show very poor work quality/ethic, and don't pay taxes. Just so you guys know, Ft. Worth ISD is now 16% white....and it's not because of Chinese people.

edit: I am in no way in opposition to Mexicans. However, I am in GREAT opposition to illegal aliens of ANY race.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Randy_S
Dude, I live in Houston. Its already to late. I dont have a problem with them being able to live here. That should mean that they are able to now pay in to the tax fund as far as their pay checks and quit standing on the corners every morning for work.

Besides, who do you want to mow the lawns and dig the ditches? Are you willing to do it? Everyone has their place in this fu@ked up world!
Yup. Besides who wouldn't like to get paid under the table sometimes.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
The reason they cut grass is because nobody else will burn under the sun 10 hours a day for 7-8 bucks an hour. Thats good money for them, they are here to stay and will eventually be the majority. If you don't like them, well move out of texas...lol, it used to be Mexico anyway.

I think I'm going to put that on a bumper sticker

Old 05-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
I think I'm going to put that on a bumper sticker

Yes
Old 05-17-2007, 02:04 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Pretty soon Texas will be called TEXOCO
Old 05-17-2007, 02:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BryanJohnson
yeah if your not a legal resident, i dont care what color you are......get the **** outta here. i'll mow my own grass and dig my own ditches and tell all the lazy *** people to do the same
wow dude i feel really bad for you...
Old 05-17-2007, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kornfreak_401
wow dude i feel really bad for you...
there's no need in feeling bad. i would say most "blue colored" legal residents feel the same way
Old 05-17-2007, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

All this wouldnt be such a big deal if they would just take the time to do it legally, Sure it takes years to get a green card but you can get work visa and other things that allow you to pay taxes and work legally. EX: my step family is from russia they dont have greencards yet but my step mom has a work permit that enables her to work in regular jobs.

Second to that when we have illegals working it is taking away jobs from true american citizens, they are undercuting american owned companys to work for dirt cheap, pay no taxes, and do horrible jobs. I mean they build houses but if you look they are never straight and most of them are not to upto spec with the laws and safty codes. question is how does this pass the inspectors are usually mexican and get paid off to let this underpar work go. Think though that we now live in these homes.

Even though texas "was" part of mexico its not anymore. Its just like some african americans wanting to be treated differently because there greats were slaves, that was a 100 years ago so to say...
Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanJohnson
and i want a solid gold LS7 engine for my SS.

but its not gonna happen,
i hate to break it you friend but the lazy *** ****'s
far outweigh the hardworkers in this country, and the proof of puddin'
is in the crust.
y would they pay me and you 25-30$ hour to build freeways
in 100*+ Texas weather during the summer when they can get some
illegal person to do it for minimum wage?
i sure as hell would not do that job for any less$ and i know your not going to do it. i make 35$ hour and i feel underpaid,.
if anything they will continue to come,
i wonder how many citizens like you and me that are unemployed ran to New Orleans to rebuild it for minimum wage??? after Katrina
i wonder whos rebuilding New Orleans as we type??
see the media leaves out ALOT of information that is not convenient to the
the whole picture and focuses on the negative. as usual.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

"They took our jobs!"