Me senior report on streetracing

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Me senior report on streetracing

Its kinda long but my favorite part is in bold.
Street racing is extremely dangerous for the participants, bystanders, and other driver alike. Nationwide 5% of all racers die in car related accidents. Penalties have become much more stiff if you get caught performing this illegal act. You can spend as much as 3 months in jail, and your car will be impounded for up to 30 days. You can also be charged with a $1,000 fine, have your drivers license suspended, and your insurance canceled. Spectators can also be fined and have their cars impounded.
Between 1998 and 2001 315 people died in street racing related accidents. Most of which are teenage males with previous crashes and driving violations. In 2004 32 people died in street racing related accidents in the Dallas metro area alone. In 2002 15 people have died and 20 others have been injured in San Diego County for illegal racing. Street racing has been around ever since the first two cars were made. Just recently with the release on the movie “The Fast and the Furious” has street racing become mainstream. In the 1960’s and 1970’s the police were not concerned with street racing. It was not uncommon to see two thundering muscle cars race down main street at midnight. With a few modifications these amazing automobiles could reach in excess of 130 mph in a mere 10 seconds. The glory days of racing are long gone. Today the streets are flooded with import compact cars flashy colors and useless modifications done to them. These automobiles do not nearly have the power of the older cars, it takes much more money and time to have them compete. There are a few of the muscle cars predecessors prowling the streets today. Most of street racing accidents involve the slower cars or people who don’t respect their cars power. When some of these vehicles get in an accident the owners tell their insurance companies they were in a hit and run accident. They do this because if they tell the truth about what happened their insurance would be canceled.
Racers gather at coffee shops and empty parking lots to discuss when the next high speed blast will occur. Once they have decided on where the race will occur, they decide how much they want to bet on the race. It can range from $20 for the slower cars and up to $20,000 for the top cars at the meet. They head to the designated location immediately after the bets are made. If the loser does not pay the amount he bet on his car he could be killed. Undercover police are becoming more and more common at these underground meets. They will have police cars hidden at the finish line to catch the speed demons in the act, the racers will immediately be arrested. All of the other cars will be inspected for illegal modifications and be ticketed accordingly. The fines for illegal modifications can reach in excess of $5,000.
Most people believe that these kinds of things can’t happen to them or people they know. I used to think the same thing until it happened to me. Two friend and I were racing on day after school on the highway. When we came up to a curve in the road we were all traveling between 115 and 130 mph. One of my friend lost control in the curve, hit the guard rail and flipped numerous times across the road and landed on the other side. The other car and I had to navigate through the debris on the road. We pulled over immedietly to check on our friend. He was getting out of the mangled car just as we arrived. He was covered in blood from the large gash on his arm. We left when we knew the ambulance was on its way. The car was completely destroyed and he was luck to walk away with his life. Ever since that horrible day I have learned that it is not worth it to race on public streets.
The majority of racing occurs because there are not enough race tracks to legally race at. If more track would open I believe that it would at least cut the accidents in half.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"If the loser does not pay the amount he bet on his car he could be killed."

Who in the hell wrote this?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

fantastic waste of time
Old 05-17-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't need to read that to tell you that it sucks.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Regular

Should have had someone proof read that.. regardless of the topic... did you mean to write predecessors? cars that came before the muscle cars? other things found... but this isn't english class...
Old 05-17-2007, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the inacurate info, your report sucks. I think we all know the consequences, we still choose to do as we please.

Edit: Check out my avatar!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

typographical errors. ugggghhhhh. And that sounds pretty biased. I wouldn't go so far as to say it sucks, but you can tell somebody with a muscle car (mullet check for you too) wrote it.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Guys, did you even BOTHER to read the thread title.

"ME senior report on streetracing"

Man it just STARTED OUT terrible and we did not even get to his paper LOL.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Teching In

You should create an outline before writing any type of paper. An outline provides the organizational structure for your paper. In a simple paper, your first paragraph should include your thesis with three facts to support the thesis. The following three paragraphs should eleborate on each fact. The final paragraph should restate your thesis and how you have proven the thesis.

I hope you passed the TAKS.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

"Nationwide 5% of all racers die in car related accidents."..........Bullshit!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by romulo13
I hope you passed the TAKS.
I hope he doesn't.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:01 PM
8 Sec Tuner

I hope the copy you turned in read 'My Senior Report on Street Racing'. LOL.

-Ben R
Old 05-17-2007, 03:21 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by streetassasin
Nationwide 5% of all racers die in car related accidents......Between 1998 and 2001 315 people died in street racing related accidents.
If my math is correct, then only about 1575 people (total) street raced in each of those years! Not bad, I figured there were ALOT more than that!

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 05-17-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sbusby
"If the loser does not pay the amount he bet on his car he could be killed."

Who in the hell wrote this?
I have to date killed 17 people after they did not pay up!
Old 05-17-2007, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

This paper jumps from idea to idea with generally no transition at all. Random info spouted off here and there. I find it hard to believe that a senior report would not be some sort of research paper requiring cited information, as well as 5-15 pages possibly?. Also, topics like this generally result in less than favorable grades unless you're one hell of a writer. Good luck

oh, and btw...
"Most of street racing accidents involve the slower cars or people who don’t respect their cars power." WRONG, many accidents I've witnessed involve an innocent person that may have been in the wrong area at the wrong time who ends up getting hit. I don't think a car running 10s is less likely to crash/collide with/ whatever than one running 18s.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

I took the time to copy and paste all that crap into MS word, found multiple errors.

B
Old 05-17-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

wtf.....?

are you trying to get flamed?
Old 05-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

hey come on guys!

can't you see that we have a future script writer for Fast and the Furious 4??

He seems to know as much about street racing as Universal Studios did.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

i hope they don't let you into college with those writing skills.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:18 PM
LS7 Member

I can't wait to hear what kind of grade that brings. Please tell us what school this is for.