Need some Help! Apt Lease Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some Help! Apt Lease Question

My GF and I have an Awesome 2 Bedroom Townhouse that we love to death in Plano. We are both working and all is well when it comes to bills, right now. We have lived in the complex for a year and 1/2 and have had no problems or complaints.

We have a lease through Feb 08, but she just got accepted into the college she wanted to and will no longer be working starting in August. The Scholarship requires full time hours.

We want to stay in our complex but downsize to make it not a strech to pay the rent every month on just my salary. What can we do??? Will they let us transfer our lease to a smaller apartment? We might not be able to pay for it every month, wouldn't they rather be guarented the money every month? We have also referred 3 people here.

I plan to go chat with them later today, just wanted to know what I am in for.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:43 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Every complex is different. You should have a copy of your lease agreement, it usually has those rules/policy on them regarding moves or transfers.

They will usually let you transfer to another unit or another apartment complex owned by the same company, in most cases.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

depends on the lease and how they want to enforce it. no one here can tell you for sure.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Ya it just depends on the complex and the lease, the best thing to do is to go talk to the apartment complex and see what they have to say. The apartments im in now will let you move as long as there is an open apartment. But it really depends on the apartment complex.

Lloyd
Old 05-24-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

Most places will let you transfer internally if you have lived there for over a year. You will have to sign a new lease when you do though, not sure if that will be a problem or not.