Think i blew a head gasket

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think i blew a head gasket

The day before yesterday the car reached about 210 degrees and went back down.. i assumed it was the thermo since i've had problems with the thermo before.. Yesterday i drive to beaumont to go eat, car is reaching 210 then going back down, reach 210 go down etc.. Since its friday night i figure ill take the car to the shop monday.

When i started my car after leaving ryans steakhouse.. it had a weird flapping noise, so im thinking aww ****.. here goes my car again.

So my step bros pop the hood and try to figure out what the hell is making the noise (i definitely dont know what the hell im doin)

So we decide to drive to a gas station (better lighted area) and we go about 20 yards and it got even louder.. The temp also got up to 210 (only drove like 20 yards) and was continuing to go up so i immediately shut the car off

So my step bros check the normal.. oil, coolant etc..

They pop open the radiator cap (the thing u gotta wait until its cool to take it off) and theres oil in that ************..

Had to pay $65 to get it towed to the crib (beaumont --> orange)..When it got home we had to briefly turn on the car to put it in the garage, the noise was definitely lower but you could still hear it..

Now i gotta wait until monday,so i can bring it to the shop

Old 05-26-2007, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

I think im gonna sell the ****** and just get a civic..im too big a noob to be owning a f body
Old 05-26-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Addict

sorry to hear about your troubles. i understand your frustrated but selling it just isnt cool. all you need is some experience. just start reading here and learning and before you know it.. you'll be doing cam swaps
Old 05-27-2007, 01:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by woswill
car is reaching 210 then going back down, reach 210 go down etc..
Thats normal operating temps. Fans come on at about 215 so the gauge drops back down.

Dont sell it man. Its not as hard to work on as it looks. Once you can work on these, you can work on anything. This site is a great resource. Theres some others too.

Installuniversity.com
LS1howto.com