Houston Discount Tire Hookup

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston Discount Tire Hookup

Anyone in Houston (preferably the NW side) have a Discount Tire hookup?
Old 06-07-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

im in the north side? =) but if you drive to me ill hook you up.... what did you want???
Old 06-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gabeg94z
im in the north side? =) but if you drive to me ill hook you up.... what did you want???
I need a hook up on nitto 555 rs 315 for the rear waht can you do?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

How about some 295/35/18's for my Z06? what can you do on that?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

im off today call me at work sat ill be their all day 281 260 6557

gabe
Old 06-08-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah. Let's all take as many handouts as we can and **** people out of their money. Great idea.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1wannabe
Yeah. Let's all take as many handouts as we can and **** people out of their money. Great idea.
ummm ok...
Old 06-09-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well... considering that businesses don't offer prices that they aren't comfortable with, what's the harm in asking? Have you never benefited from "knowing" someone?
Old 06-09-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Handouts? How about getting a competitive quote on some special order tires with speacial circumstances?

Looking for 4 245/40/18 Toyo RA-1. Not T1-R, it's RA-1, the D.O.T. competition tires. They will be mouted on bare rims so there will be no taking on/off a car or unmounting and disposing of old tires. Also will not need any new valve stems. Just need the tires popped on and ballanced is all.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Getting a hookup means asking somebody to give you a price outside of normal selling conditions. Price matching something is completely different. Since most places like that are franchises and owned individually or by a group of investors, workers **** ownership out of their money by giving friends and acquaintances discounts outside of store policy. If you're asking for somebody to sell you tires at the lowest price the store will allow, that's totally fine and nobody has a problem with that. But throwing the word hookup in there gives a new meaning to it.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

dude you've killed the last 5 threads i've read, congrats
Old 06-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Breakfast Fanatic

Getting a hookup means asking somebody to give you a price outside of normal selling conditions. Price matching something is completely different. Since most places like that are franchises and owned individually or by a group of investors, workers **** ownership out of their money by giving friends and acquaintances discounts outside of store policy. If you're asking for somebody to sell you tires at the lowest price the store will allow, that's totally fine and nobody has a problem with that. But throwing the word hookup in there gives a new meaning to it.
BYE weiner head
Old 06-11-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

You have to be kidding... What are you? The new Merriam-Webster? No one implied doing anything outside of normal selling conditions, and with profit margins being so HIGHLY in favor of businesses, there is plenty of room to work with anyway. If you don't agree with someone's philosophy on getting the best value from their dollar, that's fine. Bite your tongue and don't be this righteous ****** posting up your feelings towards capitalist america, which by the way is a two way street and also by the way has little bearing on whether or not the original poster will or will not get his "hookup".
Old 06-11-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You're a ******* ******. Go drive your riced out piece of **** into the side of your mobile home.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by |Drew|
You're a ******* ******. Go drive your riced out piece of **** into the side of your mobile home.
Wow. I made 1 comment about people trying to take handouts, and here come the personal attacks. I never said anything about anyone in particular. Furthermore, I even tried to clear things up by saying that I was only referring to people trying to take handouts. I never meant to be an ***. If that's how you took it, then oh well. And by the way...It's a quarter-million dollar house. It's no mobile home.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

$250,000 for a house ain't **** to brag about these days
Old 06-11-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular