In Dash Screen Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default In Dash Screen Question

Hey my cousing just got a Jensen In-dash screen installed in his 00' Dodge 3500 Cummins. It was done at Circuit City so of course they had to wire it up where the DVD's will not play while driving. He called and asked me if I could come out tomorrow and rewire it to where it plays whenever he wants. Ofcourse I told him that I can do it but I would have to get a little info on it first since I have never installed one or performed that change. So can anyone give me a small writeup on what wires need to be modified and if I need any special things for the project? Thanks alot...

Josh
Old 06-08-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the wire going to the parking break is just a ground so just put that wire to the the recievers ground and it should work.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cabesas
the wire going to the parking break is just a ground so just put that wire to the the recievers ground and it should work.
That is correct.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:07 PM
12 Second Club

Guys that is correct but only on most of the earlier models. Now the computer for the receiver gets its signaling from a delayed parking brake sequence. For the newer ones, you actually have to press it down remaining on for 3-5 seconds, let it all the way up for 3-5 seconds and then press it down keeping it down to make the damn thing come on. So actually the easy once upon that time method won't work. Luckily, I came across instructions on how to access hidden secret menus that have a built in option to override the parking brake feature. No wierd wiring! No switches! It just turns on like there is no parking brake setup! I was skepticle at first when I was reading it but damn I followed the instructions and the menus popped up for it and bam. 2 minutes later we were done. Other than that though the only way is to wire it into a toggle switch and perform the sequence through it rather than the parking brake. IMO that still sucks because every time you turn on the car you have to do the gay 3-5, 3-5 toggling sequence and it may look ghetto. Thank god for Google and that guy who posted it...lol.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

or just hook a switch to it !
Old 06-10-2007, 03:15 AM
12 Second Club

With a switch you still have to run the gay 3-5 second intervals just as if you were using the parking brake to do the sequence. IMO its still rigged kind of. Some people are cool with it but why go to the trouble when you can just completley override it?