Dyno tune shop in dfw?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dyno tune shop in dfw?

im in the lewisville area, where a good place to get a dyno tune? and can they tune my converter as well? and what am i lookin at to spend?
Old 06-22-2007, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

Do a search in this forum for tuning threads, you'll never finish reading them. This same tired old subject comes up weekly, they always turn in to a nut swinging fest.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:47 PM

RPM in lewisville your right around the corner from them probally spending about 400 bucks thats what there tunes cost
Old 06-22-2007, 01:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ACE Racing Transmissions and Xtreme Horsepower, in North Richlands Hills are introducing a Transmission Only Tune for only $250.00.

This service will include a visual inspection of the Transmission, Drive Shaft and Rear Axle assemblies by ACE.

This tune does not involve dyno time as it is not necessary.

However, it is best to bring the car and not just the PCM (as some have requested) as we will definately need to drive the car in order to make sure we get it right!

Call for details and to schedule yours today!
By appointment only.

Last edited by Gilbert@Ace Racing; 06-22-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:24 PM
Banned

rpm in lewisville
Old 06-22-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

well i know im going to ace for the pure tranny tune and overview of a everything. then rpm for hp tuning.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

TRT in Arlington
Old 06-23-2007, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Normally i would say stay away from RPM but i HEARD they got a good tuner working for them. If James is actually tuning there now i would go up there. If he is not then go hit up SQR.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
well i know im going to ace for the pure tranny tune and overview of a everything. then rpm for hp tuning.
Getting it tuned at 2 different places is a waste of your money. Why go one place and pay for a partial tune then go another place and pay for a full tune? Get a full tune at one place and be done with it.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

RPM is closest to you. like 5 min's away. they are the ones who tuned my TA.

then you have LG Motorsports, SQR, TRT and a couple private tuners to choose from.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

isn't RPM's tune lifetime as well. You just pay the $60 dyno fee next time you need a tune. That is where i got my headers installed. Great guys!!
Old 06-23-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Being RPM is right around the corner....why would you go any place else?
Old 06-23-2007, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It may be perceived as a "waste of money" to some. That's ok.

However, think about it guys... would you rather have your Transmision tuned by a Engine tuner who has transmission experience or a Racing Transmission Company in conjunction with a Engine Tuner, who together have many hundreds of hours of seat time Tuning in many, many different cars and combinations, not only on the dyno but at the track and on the street as well.

I am not taking anything away from any Tuners skills, and never would. Tuning is a very difficult task at best. It takes years to become adept at Tuning todays powertrains. I know this because I was tuning engines at the New Car Dealership level when Fuel Injection was 1st mass produced in the early 1980's. Back before we had software based line item tuning. I was a Master Certified Technician for well over 20 years at that level and have a very keen understanding of what it takes to not only make a 4L60E shift when it should but make it shift in such a manner as to promote longevity of the unit.

Take the time to get to know us before you pass judgement is all I ask. When you do you will soon find the value in what we are doing! We know this industry is full of Snake Oil Salesman. We would not offer this product if we did not think there was a need or demand for it. Plain and simple. Why pay $400.00 or more to fix a transmission condition after powertrain upgrades when it is just not necessary!

Give us a call and we'll see what we can do for you!
Old 06-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
Chris Marsh but hes not a sponsor. He will clean up on everyone mentioned in this thread hands down. Dollar bills on it.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ratchthed

However, think about it guys... would you rather have your Transmision tuned by a Engine tuner who has transmission experience or a Racing Transmission Company in conjunction with a Engine Tuner, who together have many hundreds of hours of seat time Tuning in many, many different cars and combinations, not only on the dyno but at the track and on the street as well.

I am not taking anything away from any Tuners skills, and never would. Tuning is a very difficult task at best. It takes years to become adept at Tuning todays powertrains. I know this because I was tuning engines at the New Car Dealership level when Fuel Injection was 1st mass produced in the early 1980's. Back before we had software based line item tuning. I was a Master Certified Technician for well over 20 years at that level and have a very keen understanding of what it takes to not only make a 4L60E shift when it should but make it shift in such a manner as to promote longevity of the unit.

Take the time to get to know us before you pass judgement is all I ask. When you do you will soon find the value in what we are doing! We know this industry is full of Snake Oil Salesman. We would not offer this product if we did not think there was a need or demand for it. Plain and simple. Why pay $400.00 or more to fix a transmission condition after powertrain upgrades when it is just not necessary!

SNAKE OIL SALESMAN ALERT.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

lg where money buys speed thats where mine was done
Old 06-24-2007, 02:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TINKRD
RPM is closest to you. like 5 min's away. they are the ones who tuned my TA.

then you have LG Motorsports, SQR, TRT and a couple private tuners to choose from.
Where are they at?

i hear bad things about LG for some reason.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Got our first few in the books G, lets get some more done!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Normally i would say stay away from RPM but i HEARD they got a good tuner working for them. If James is actually tuning there now i would go up there. If he is not then go hit up SQR.
James is back at HPP tuning, not RPM. He does use the dyno from time to time for some of his friends cars at RPM tho.

Brian tuned my car and it is great. Car makes 409 on motor with rpm 5 and stock 5.3 heads.

Aren't you the one who dropped the bolt inside his intake? jw.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ratchthed

What are you 'tuning' inside the trans?

Quick Reply: Dyno tune shop in dfw?