Go Back   LS1TECH > REGIONAL FORUMS > Texas Members
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Texas Members Our State Will Kick Your State's Ass

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 06-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
12 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 10
Default Does Focus Factor work?

I have always had a hard time paying attention and remembering things. I don't know if it is caused by A.D.D. or what. I will be talking to someone trying to pay attention and will catch myself drift off thinking of something else. It didn't bother that much when I was younger because I didn't care. But now that I'm older and my job require that I say on top of things abd remember details. I'm really becoming annoyed. So I was wondering if anyone has used this stuff or is it just a cheesie sales gimmick.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
TECH Fanatic
2009 Chevrolet HHR

Trader Rating: 17

I havn't heard of Focus Factor but I've found if there's anything that can train your mind to slow down and focus on one thing, it's meditation.
I found this book at barnes & noble a year ago called "How to Meditate - Kathleen McDonald" and I have no idea if it's considered a great book or not but it helped me to focus better instantly. From what I read, all meditation is is training your mind to focus. Hope this helps

EDIT: I looked up Focus Factor and found links to it being a total scam. Apparently, they've already payed a million dollars to federal investigators for false claims. http://consumeraffairs.com/news04/focus_factor.html

RIP : 2002 WS6 10/6/01 - 11/18/06
Black, A4, Last of the Breed
bolt-ons, cam, built tranny, TP4400, GMMG
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2
Send a message via AIM to LT1wannabe Send a message via Yahoo to LT1wannabe

A.D.D. is caused by 2 things: a chemical imbalance in the brain, and society. However, societal effects can cause that imbalance, because your brain thinks it's doing you a favor.... The most common way to get it is watching T.V. You turn it on, and what happens? You channel surf, which means you don't focus on one thing for a very long time at all. If you watch ESPN, there's a commentator, they're showing pictures or clips, and there's something scrolling at the bottom of the screen. Same thing with regular news. Video games (good modern ones) also cause people to focus their attention on multiple things at once. These all lead to A.D.D.

M.D.'s and Psychologists saw a MASSIVE influx in people with the symptoms of A.D.D. in the 1960's (cable tv was available for consumers in 1948, but not too many people bought it until a few years later). I don't know the specific date, but it wasn't until the late 70's when A.D.D. was a more widely-studied disorder.

So no, Focus Factor won't cure your A.D.D. if that's what you have. There are only 2 RX drugs I know of that cure A.D.D.
Black 18"x8.5" C6 Motorsports wrapped in 235/40/18 BFG T/A KDW2's, Sparco Monza seats (red microsuede w/ black), LG Motorsports G2 Harness bar w/ 4-points, 2-12" Kicker Comps, Fosgate Amp, Alpine S-Type highs, taillight filler panel blackout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Silverado5.3
my home brotha gots 1 of dem s r t - f o u r s n it pretty kwik but he cant go from stop, dem FWD creat so much tork teh world turns bneath there wheelz and spin BAD.

Last edited by LT1wannabe; 06-25-2007 at 11:02 AM..
LT1wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:55 AM   #4
TECH Fanatic
2009 Chevrolet HHR

I don't think any supplement could improve focus but there are some that help improve your memory, like the racetam family of nootropics, the most popular being piracetam & aniracetam. They will help you to remember things but they won't help you focus more. Focus is all in training the brain

Last edited by jimmypop13; 06-25-2007 at 11:02 AM..
Old 06-25-2007, 11:28 AM   #5
12 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Memory is a big part of my problem also. I have never been tested for A.D.D. For example I was reading the cam guide sticky in the internals section and now I have a hard time remember everything I read.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1wannabe
So no, Focus Factor won't cure your A.D.D. if that's what you have. There are only 2 RX drugs I know of that cure A.D.D.
Actually, there isn't a "Cure" for ADD (or ADHD). The 2 RX's that you refer to only supress the SYMPTOMS, not s cure.

If there was a cure, trust me, we'd know about it, unless you believe the conspiracy theroy that it is video games fault...
|Chromly Push Rods|Custom Grind Cam 236/242 .615/.612 on a 110 LSA|Speed Density Tune|3.42 Gears|
376RWHP/353RWTQ
Splitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Aderrall XR 25 mg and a cup of coffee always get my mornings started right. I don't take aderrall on the weekends cause i don't work and I can REALLY tell the difference. My mind is all over the place and I can't focus on anything for very long. I started taking aderrall in college and my cumulative GPA went up over a point. My semester-over-semester GPA went up more than that. It does however make me moody and I have more of a temper than I used to but it's a tradeoff i'm willing to make.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:04 PM   #8
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to FIREHAWK #07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitz
Actually, there isn't a "Cure" for ADD (or ADHD). The 2 RX's that you refer to only supress the SYMPTOMS, not s cure.

If there was a cure, trust me, we'd know about it...
true.... most meds are only to help medically manage the situation....

Quote:
Originally Posted by big thumper122 View Post
When Dallas wins it will go down as the shocker of the century...and the lame *** sports writers will STILL refuse to admit 2 key things: 1, Romo is the real deal as are the Cowboys 2, everyone in the country is TIRED of hearing how "good" the patriots are...
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickblue2 View Post
last nights game disgusted me, I got tickets at the last minute and went...just a horrible walk of shame back to the car...
FIREHAWK #07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #9
TECH Fanatic
2009 Chevrolet HHR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
true.... most meds are only to help medically manage the situation....
Very true. I still say lock yourself in your room and try meditation

Old 06-25-2007, 12:07 PM   #10
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

I'm on Aderrall as well and must say there's a huge difference in my work ethic and my ability to focus between when I'm on and off it.
Black_Tx_WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:18 PM   #11
12 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

I'm assuming that you can only get Aderall thru a doctor. Is there anything at a Health store or a GNC kinda of a store that has something similar.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:38 PM   #12
TECH Fanatic
2009 Chevrolet HHR

it's pretty easy to find people who sell adderal, just ask a few friends if they take it or know of someone who does. As for the memory drugs piracetam & aniracetam, they are sold over the counter so maybe you can find them at GNC but you are going to get ripped off hard core on anything you buy in that store. Try a website like www.1fast400.com or www.nutraplanet.com for great prices on all supplements & fast shipping

Old 06-25-2007, 01:15 PM   #13
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz1469
I'm assuming that you can only get Aderall thru a doctor. Is there anything at a Health store or a GNC kinda of a store that has something similar.
yea you usually have to get evaluated by a psychologist or psychiatrist (can't remember which one) to get diagnosed with ADD or ADHD and then you get an RX from your doctor. Thats what I had to do atleast.

I don't think you could get anything in the store that would come close to Aderrall. If there were, kids would be buying it up all the time
Old 06-25-2007, 01:20 PM   #14
On The Tree
1998 Chevrolet Camaro

Trader Rating: 4
Send a message via AIM to camAro242

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz1469
I have always had a hard time paying attention and remembering things. I don't know if it is caused by A.D.D. or what. I will be talking to someone trying to pay attention and will catch myself drift off thinking of something else. It didn't bother that much when I was younger because I didn't care. But now that I'm older and my job require that I say on top of things abd remember details. I'm really becoming annoyed. So I was wondering if anyone has used this stuff or is it just a cheesie sales gimmick.
im the same way..i use adderal works great but u have to see a theripist which sucks

Fquick page
Mods: Stock A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wav3form View Post
You don't need HIDs, you need to get a stall and run 12s.
camAro242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:56 PM   #15
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Tx_WS6
I'm on Aderrall as well and must say there's a huge difference in my work ethic and my ability to focus between when I'm on and off it.
My Dr. perscribed it for me, I was never diagnosed by a psychiatrist... then again it's pretty obvious so
Black_Tx_WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:36 PM   #16
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to FIREHAWK #07

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX02SS
yea you usually have to get evaluated by a psychologist or psychiatrist (can't remember which one) to get diagnosed with ADD or ADHD and then you get an RX from your doctor.

had to have been a psychiatrist that you were diagnosed by; due to the fact that psychologist do not have the ability to prescribe meds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by big thumper122 View Post
When Dallas wins it will go down as the shocker of the century...and the lame *** sports writers will STILL refuse to admit 2 key things: 1, Romo is the real deal as are the Cowboys 2, everyone in the country is TIRED of hearing how "good" the patriots are...
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickblue2 View Post
last nights game disgusted me, I got tickets at the last minute and went...just a horrible walk of shame back to the car...
FIREHAWK #07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:36 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
add, college, doesfocusfactorwork, facter, factor, focus, focusfactor, forum, helps, improving, instantly, kids, long, scam, work