Anyone in DFW area pinned their TA's hood?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in DFW area pinned their TA's hood?

I put this up in the Appearance section also, but luckily, Im a member of the Texas board, and we all know the friendliest people(and smartest ) are here anyway!
I have GOT to put some hood pins on the car. The ends of the hood stick up stupid and it cant be fixed. Pins will hold it down, especially at any kind of speed. This bitch is gonna fly off!lol
Anyone ever do this? Im could probably use another set of eyes, plus, I have no idea how to pick the locations or anything. Dont even know where to start!
Old 07-13-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

i personally haven't seen it, but Its personal Preference thing I think as to the location of the pins just measure it out so that its even on both sides.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

use your two outside bump stops for pins to sit on then drill hole right threw that spot did on mine then i cut box that holds the hood latch and safety latch for a custom ram air setup air
Old 07-16-2007, 08:03 AM
12 Second Club

Good deal. Thanks fellas!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the bump stop location of my race car. It's a very easy mount, but the stops help seat the hood. I wound up using some old end link bushings to space the hood up properly. And, those bump stop locations are really made for a downward load, not an upward loading. Air under the hood could very well distort everything.

I have seen hood pins set over the fender wells, too. Probably a more suitable location.

DO NOT USE THE UPPER CORE SUPPORT. If you get into a little fender bender, a buckled hood will take out the upper support with it or the core support will wrinkle the hood.

Some very cool variations of hood pins ...

http://www.hoodpins.com/index.html

http://www.deftracing.com/aerocatch_hood_pins/index.htm