Need some help with insurance company (USAA)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 08:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help with insurance company (USAA)

Ok this is gonna be kinda long but please bare with me. On July 3rd my and my buddy went to get some food at taco cabana, we pulled over on a residential street to sort it all out because all the beans and rice kept sliding all over the floor of the van. My car was in the shop and I was using my companies van for the time being. Anyhow, I am pulled all the way over on the right shoulder and this guy comes up and hits me at about 25-30mph dead on, he must have been looking down because he did not even attempt to brake. Anyhow we pull into his driveway and exchange info, I did not call the police because he seemed like a good guy and admitted 100% that it was his fault because he was on his cell phone.
On the 5th I call USAA and file the claim. 5 days later I get a call from the USSA adjuster telling me that this guy is claiming I pulled out in front of him, I was so pissed I could not see strait. I explained to the lady that the damage was on the back left corner indicating I was pulled over to the shoulder, and that the impact alone would let them know I was parked and he was moving at a decent speed. She said to take it to the adjuster and have them look at it. So I take it to some Ford dealer and get the quote and whatnot. That was 2 weeks ago, this lady has not called me since, I have left her at least 5 messages and she simply refuses to return my calls. I talked to one of her associates and was told the claim was pending due to the fact that the driver of the insured vehicle will not give them a statment. I kinda look at that as not my problem, seems like if he wants he can just drag this out forever. So at this point my boss is on my *** to get the van fixed and I am sure as hell not gonna pay out of pocket. I know that I should have called the police, trust me I KNOW that now. But I didnt and now I am in a shitty *** situation. Has anybody ever dealt with anything like this? Any advice? I am starting to get really worried and am starting to see why people hate insurance companies so much.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

This is one bad situation. Yeah you should of called the police but at this point seems like USAA is just being stupid. I have heard nothing but bad things about them when it comes to insurance claims. You just have to really nag them endlessly. I hope this works out for your sake. Keep us posted.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:48 AM
12 Second Club

Yea thats what the statefarm guy told me. But I mean I am starting to feel stupid constantly calling this bitch everyday and getting no calls back, I am not even being rude on the messages, but that might change today. I have a feeling they are trying to get me to claim on my insurance, but that is not gonna happen. I really want to go back to that guys house and tell him what I think but I know that would make it worse, I mean this moron hits me dead on without even attempting to brake and then has the nerve to try and blame it on me. It is so obvious too, the damage is on the far left back of the van, just like it would be if it had been pulled over to the shoulder like it was. I was thinking after their adjuster looked at it it would be over, but I guess not. USAA sucks.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Sister dealt with the same kind of problem. Except a cop showed and that piece of **** didn't bother to fill a report after she asked for one because he said it was a "minor" accident. I kept calling the guys insurance company and there excuse was they coudn't get a hold of him for a statement. I felt the same way you did because what the hell does that have to do with us thats their problem. They ended up bullshitting for about two months and later ended up saying that the guys insurance was cancelled before the accident. Funny that it took two months to figure that **** out.

Live and learn I guess.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:09 AM
TECH Regular

Is the company van insured under USAA, or just you? I could see this as being a problem IF USAA does not cover the van.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Resident

I have had USAA for years and never had an issue, best rates around too boot. My wife had statefarm till we were married, but I switched her over soon after. Statefarm and other rates were much higher than USAA. All that aside, its sounds like you have a crappy rep, don't let that stop you. Call them back and demand that you speak with a supervisor and or manager, and tell them you will be engaging your lawyer, even if you really don't have one. Good Luck
Old 08-02-2007, 09:14 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DSIM
Is the company van insured under USAA, or just you? I could see this as being a problem IF USAA does not cover the van.
The guy who his me was insured by USAA, I van I drove was insured by statefarm. I called his insurance agency to file a claim because he ran into me.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Regular

That explains it. Right now its your word against his, and USAA is going to believe him 9 times out of 10. The 1 time they will believe you? Police Report. Unfortunately at this point, these repairs are more than likely going to come out of your pocket.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:44 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DSIM
That explains it. Right now its your word against his, and USAA is going to believe him 9 times out of 10. The 1 time they will believe you? Police Report. Unfortunately at this point, these repairs are more than likely going to come out of your pocket.
I have a witness and all the evidence is in my favor. It would honestly be easy to win in court, esp. being a rear end collision. Problem is I don't have the time or patience to take this crap to court.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Launching!

Everyone has a supervisor. Find out who it is, and talk to them. You're not squeaking loud enough to get some grease. Be polite, but persistent. Start yelling and/or cussing, and it will not help you.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Resident

You might want to at least call a lawyer for one of those "free" consultations and see what they say. You were the one that was hit and "infringed" upon. If all you say is true (I'm sure it is), then you might be able to get more than just what's needed to fix the van. Sorry this is happening to you, but look at it from USAA's POV. They're customer says he did nothing wrong.

What I would do is contact the guy and ask him why he's changed his story. Let him know that you intend to see this through until it's resolved and that in the end, he was at fault and you shouldn't have any problem proving that. Don't be an ******* or "threaten" him, just talk to him, man to man. Maybe he'll change his mind and start to man up? It's alot easier for him to just ignore his insurance company than to bullshit you to your face. Just make sure you don't talk to him alone.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Banned

Dude I work for State Farm and I am personally insured with USAA. USAA has "THE BEST" claims and customer service rating in the industry period. If you any other company tells you otherwise ask them to show you the JD Power figures...

Now on to your claim. This is real easy. Anytime you are having trouble getting a third party to pay your claim and you are say now a foot or in a mess because they are not handling the claim in a timely manner. You ALWAYS have the option to file on YOUR OWN (the bosses or companies) policy which since they are not responsible will subrogated (payment saught after) with USAA. Yes your boss or company will have to pay their deductible to get vehicle out of repair shop if liability is not accepted by USAA by completion...no it will not hurt their insurance rate IF you can prove that it was not your fault and have USAA accept liability in the end...yes he will get his deductible back once USAA pays up in the end.

OR you could just wait for a company that has the burden of proof on their shoulders (USAA) to return your call. They honestly have a legitimate concern of needing a statement from their insured concerning a claim they are not going to pay for with just a 1 sided story and NO (non invested third party) --->>>POLICE REPORT.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:46 PM
12 Second Club

I understand, but it gets to a certain point where if this guy does not give a statment they HAVE to take action. Going by what your saying the best way to avoid insurance claims is to just ignore it and not call.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're fucked.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Teching In

you can still get a police report. its called a blue form or green form or some other color. most of the time the police officer wont write a report anyway and will make you go to the court and write it yourself. go do this now. that and my buddie had a simular problem with usaa and usaa refused to pay or call him back and made nothing but excuses. after about a month he had to file the claim with statefarm and he had to let statefarm get his money. why is your boss making you deal with this shouldnt the company since you are in a car insured by them?
Old 08-02-2007, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

you shoulda called the cops. end of story (that would have been your witness)
Old 08-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Havok2
most likely not. the cops would have shown up and said that the damage wasnt severe enough and told him to go down tot the station and fill out a report.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Havok2
If you read my post youll see that I understand that. So if that is all you gotta say how about you go **** yourself, bitch.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
I understand, but it gets to a certain point where if this guy does not give a statment they HAVE to take action. Going by what your saying the best way to avoid insurance claims is to just ignore it and not call.
Yah they HAVE to take action EVENTUALLY...last I heard it was after 30 days after not hearing from the insured...and jyes you can TEMPORARILY avoid any insurance claim by telling the other guy at a car scene to not call the cops, you will pay for the damages with your own money, give false info. (DL #, Ph. #, Ins. Co., Ect.), BS, upon BS. Remember you don't get to pick and choose what jackass hits you. You think they are gonna cut you any slack when they think they drive okay? They aren't even honest with themselves. Next time someone hits you dial 911, take out a camera phone or portable throw away camera, shoot pics like your wallet depended on it, give as much of a description as possible of the vehicle-scene-driver-conditions-ect. to the dispatcher, before hanging up ask if the other person is okay and ask them for all their info. give this to the dispatcher before hanging up, now call your ins. company with all this persons info. so they can start pushing on someones *** to pay up, then call that persons ins. company to start the claims process instead of waiting for them to call you, get an estimate for repairs the next day at a dealership owned bodyshop and schedule your repair appointement, then just stay on the other drivers ins. company like a nice unsatisfied gentlman. People forget they have 2 responsibilities when it comes to insurance 1. PAY YO' MF INS. BILL 2. GET OFF YOUR ***, STOP WHINING CAUSE NO ONE IS HOLDING YO' BABY HAND DOING EVERYTHING FOR YOU MR. VICTIM AND DO WHAT IT TAKES TO GET RESULTS.

Sorry, not angry with you...just the ignorant few I deal with on a daily basis!

Last edited by SSAUTOCHROME; 08-03-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

I work for farmers insurance..By Tx state law they have 15 days to respond to the claim.Best advice to you is stay on there ***!!! Call and ask to speak to the adjuster.If he or she wont return your call then ask for there boss..Did anyone else see ?