Low mile 01 Camaro SS 6-speed cutting my loss Dallas TX

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Low mile 01 Camaro SS 6-speed cutting my loss Dallas TX

I bought the car a year and a half ago as a cam only modded car. It has meticulously been put back to stock using all GM parts. It has new tires, new LS6 clutch, new battery, and new GM carpet.

I am the 2nd owner and its never been smoked in. The interior is very nice. The paint and body are also very nice. There are a few normal rock chips and some minor scapes and spider webbing on the very bottom of the front bumper. You have to be on your hands and knees to even see it. There is also a small rock chip in the windshield on the lower driver corner.

The wheels are excellent with no curb rash and factory chrome in nice shape. The chrome wheels are the only SLP option but it has leather, pwr windows/locks, t-tops,traction control and more.

The 6-speed shifts smooth and the LS1 pulls strong. Oil pressure is rock solid. There is a little piston noise at start up. This is my 4th LS1 to own and all of them seem to have had the same sound for the first couple minutes of driving. I would hop in and drive across the country tomorrow in it if I needed to. The only current modification is subframe connectors.

The car has never been in any kind of serious collision but the original owner told me he was lightly rear ended and the bumper and rear panel were repainted. There was no structual repairs done.

Now for the fine print... I have had this car sold twice now over 15,000.00 which is what it really should be worth base on other I see for sale. Neither person had even seen the car in person and backed out. I finally got a hold of the second buyer to see what the he11 is the deal. He said Car Fax does not match the miles I told him the car has and he thinks I have turned back the miles. I get pissed but after a cool off I check it out myself. Sure enough it shows it last regestered at 48,000 miles in Dec 05 which is when I bought the car. I have only put a few thousand miles on it and the current miles are apox 44,500. Some how there was a typo on my registration that I didn't find out about until today. I need to move on to other projects so the first $11,500 firm takes it. I just want to wash my hands of the mess and move on.
Richard 214-793-0029
Attached Thumbnails Low mile 01 Camaro SS 6-speed cutting my loss Dallas TX-01ss-020.jpg   Low mile 01 Camaro SS 6-speed cutting my loss Dallas TX-01ss-022.jpg   Low mile 01 Camaro SS 6-speed cutting my loss Dallas TX-01ss-024.jpg   Low mile 01 Camaro SS 6-speed cutting my loss Dallas TX-01ss-026.jpg  
Old 08-05-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

I am intrested in coming to look at your car tomorrow. Where are you located in dallas?
Old 08-05-2007, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

pm sent
Old 08-06-2007, 08:49 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perfect. I want a whitey. I'll be getting in touch with you soon. Hopefully it hasn't sold by then.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:14 AM
9 Second Club NA

What all was modded and put back to stock? So the only thing that is modified is the subframes with connectors? What brand/material?

Has the car ever had a roll bar welded into it? I ask because you stated that the carpet was replaced.

Brand/size of tires?

Interior pics?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am busy at work right now but I will answer the carpet ? and get to the rest later. There was never a cage. The carpet was just not taken care of. There were some stains and such I could not get out and I found a deal on a new GM carpet and went with it.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:36 PM
9 Second Club NA

Oh I see. Whenever you get more free time, just answer accordingly. I'm very interested. Thank you.

By the way, to see the car in person, would you be willing to meet somewhere?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Might know someone in town that will be interested.....
Old 08-06-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds shady.....
Old 08-06-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
sounds shady.....
lol
Old 08-06-2007, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

sounds shady.....
Richard isnt shady, so keep your ignorant *** comments to yourself.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BryanJohnson
Richard isnt shady, so keep your ignorant *** comments to yourself.
it wasn't an ignorant *** comment.....

-originally he listed the car for sale for $16.5 without saying it had been wrecked in first post
-then he clears it up by saying the bumper and rear hatch have been replaced

-then he starts this thread asking $5,000 less...and saying the bumper and rear panel were replaced, then brings up some rollback possibility that he denies...

that **** is shady no matter how you look at it, what's the VIN?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone can have the right you thier own opinion. This is America. The first post was asking 16,500 knowing all the low ballers would come out of the woodwork. A wanted no less than 15,000 so it gave me some room to come down when someone got serious. I never hid anything the second someone asked on here if there was paint work I told them there was and where. The hand full of people that have been serious about the car were told everything about it. It does not make since to publicly tell everything about everything in a public forum when there are people waiting on the sidelines to bash anything they can even when they have never seen a car or even know the buyer or the seller.

When I found out Sunday that I was screwed by the DMV I decided to fire sell the car and be done with it. I put everything out there to let the cards fall where they may. I work as a service manager for a dealership and know what a milage descpantcy does to the value of a car. I have put a ton of work in to the car and I had hoped to make a few $$ to put toward my next project. Since that will not happen I am just walking away. If it does not bring 11,500 I will keep it or drive it off a cliff. Two people are telling me they for sure want it but until I have the $$ in hand I am not counting on anything.

it wasn't an ignorant *** comment.....

-originally he listed the car for sale for $16.5 without saying it had been wrecked in first post
-then he clears it up by saying the bumper and rear hatch have been replaced

-then he starts this thread asking $5,000 less...and saying the bumper and rear panel were replaced, then brings up some rollback possibility that he denies...

that **** is shady no matter how you look at it, what's the VIN?

Last edited by gearheads78; 08-06-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:15 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

The man is trying to sell a car, he stated all info, what do you want a vin. # to check? Like I said on the other site bump for a nice car and price!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:23 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by ino
The man is trying to sell a car, he stated all info, what do you want a vin. # to check? Like I said on the other site bump for a nice car and price!
Anytime you think about buying a car you should check the freaking vin. Every damn car on autotrader.com lists them.

If you don't check a vin on a car you are about to purchase then you're just plain stupid.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone interested in buying the car can get the VIN in a one to one basis. I will not post it public for the same reason I don't show the plates. To many thieves lurking around these days.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gearheads78
Anyone interested in buying the car can get the VIN in a one to one basis. I will not post it public for the same reason I don't show the plates. To many thieves lurking around these days.

2G1FP22G512140842