Need to vent about Movado dealer in Galleria

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to vent about Movado dealer in Galleria

Ok so I have had this Movado watch for a few years now. My father bought it for me for christmas a while back. since then it has been worn nearly everyday and got some wear and tear on it. Finally one of the pins falls out.

No biggie I'll take it to the dealer and have them insert a new pin. I take it there and they tell me well we will have to send it off and then they fix them at headquarters. Ok fine, I just want my watch fixed.

2 weeks later, they call and quote me on the price to fix the watch. $355!!!! "The band needs replaced" they said. I looked at the watch and seriously it is just a pin. I could do it but I do not have the right sized pin.

Here is the important part. I say "NO do not fix my watch send it back and I'll find someone to do it for a more reasonable price."

2 weeks later, Friday August 3rd, they call saying my watch has come in and I can come pick it up. I was not able to until the following monday (yesterday). I get there and just like most stuff in the Galleria the people in the store are really "stuck up" looking. I do not know them so I do not want to call names but that is how it seemed.

I ask for my watch and then after like 5-10 min they come out the back saying they can't find it and question me if someone actually called me or not. "Yes they called for me to pick it up", 5 more min go by and they find it. I open the pouch it was in and see that it looks great,

"must have buffed out the scratches?" -me

"oh no that is a new bracelet and case".-them

"I said NOT to fix the watch"-me

"Oh... well that is going to be $350"-them

"No you are going to find my original bracelet my father gave me and I am not going to pay anything."-me

"Well we are about to close so I'll call tomorrow and see what I can do."-them

"Well how long is this going to take since I have already waited over a month?"-me

"How should I know?"-them

"Because you work here."-me

"Well I do not know since usually when people get their watches fixed they do not want their old bracelets back"-them

"He didn't want his watch fixed in the first place!"-my girlfriend

"And who are you?"-them

Finally I told her to call me first thing in the morning when she figures it out and let me know. I can not believe she was so rude. The whole time she was giving me this, "damn poor people", kinda look. I would have talked to her manager only that she was the f'ing manager! anyway they should call me before noon or I'll call them.

Sorry for the looooong story but I am just so pissed about the situation. Anyway [/rant]
Old 08-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Banned

Get her name and contact the big wigs in the company.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:24 AM
TECH Resident

I'll see what she says today, I'll give her the choice to find my old bracelet by the end of the week or just give me the fixed watch but I will not pay anything.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just kill them all.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 3.4camaro
Just kill them all.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3.4camaro
Just kill them all.

x3

Dont let the silly assclowns rip you off. I agree with the aforementioned comment to go to the big wigs. Get the bitch fired and let her start working for her money instead of sucking dick for it.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by imnotplutonium

"How should I know?"-them

"Because you work here."-me
I love this!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

Ok update, just called them and they said they were able to find the original bracelet and that they are going to overnight the piece there (New Jersey) then put it back together and overnight it back. They were a lot nicer on the phone, but we will see whenever I go to pick it up later on this week hopefully.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Wow...great customer service...NOT..I would have been tempted to take my watch back and dash out the door!
Old 08-07-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Pimp

Hey at least you know where yours is, my old man has a couple and one he got recently as a gift was stolen by the movers two weeks ago. He wanted to confront the guy that he believes stole it, but unfortunately the piece of **** had to meet with his probation officer that day.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

did she let u handle your watch? cause if so it wouldve been on my wrist and out the door. not your fault they fixed it without authorization. I know how u feel, i own an oakley time tank ( $1400 ). i never take mine off...akthough its made of titanium and has a saphire crystal face. i wouldve just taken the watch and left the store.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

yea I wanted to afterwards. At the time I was so mad, and I was concentrating on the principle that they messed up and took forever. I was able to handle the watch but I don't know if I would have been able to get out of the store. I know it is mine but I am sure the cops would have believed her over me.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

when you get your original bracelet back look it over and tell them that there were no scratches on the damn thing when you gave it to them, so now you don't want it you want the new bracelet for free, and if that don't work Kill them all
Old 08-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ckyconan2003
did she let u handle your watch? cause if so it wouldve been on my wrist and out the door. not your fault they fixed it without authorization. I know how u feel, i own an oakley time tank ( $1400 ). i never take mine off...akthough its made of titanium and has a saphire crystal face. i wouldve just taken the watch and left the store.
and you would have either gone to jail or given the watch back when the cops came
Old 08-07-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ckyconan2003
That's theft. You've gone to jail had the store manager really wanted to be a dick.

Quick Reply: Need to vent about Movado dealer in Galleria