1999 B4C (with rollbar!) Camaro for sale - $4850

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1999 B4C (with rollbar!) Camaro for sale - NOW $4600

First - I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by my post count. My intention on LS1 tech was to gather information, not come here to list my car. Due to some circumstances, I'm getting ready to put my newly-acquired 1999 B4C (police package) Camaro up for sale. The only other owner than me was the Ft. Worth Police Department. When purchased, it came without a passenger front seat, as it was removed for room for radio/computer equipment. I have purchased a used one and am putting it in today. Overall, the car is a little rough around the edges. It has 131k miles on it. They used a razor blade to scrape off the decals, and left a few rough spots. It looks fine from 10 ft., but is noticeable up close. There is one plugged hole in the roof. The tilt steering mechanism has some play in it. Currently, the service engine light is on, with a P0332 code for a bank 2 knock sensor. Because of this, I haven't gotten it inspected yet. Both windows work, but they're slow. Now for some good: The car seems to run fine, shift fine (automatic), and has cold A/C. It has just about new Goodyear RS-As on it. It drives straight with no pulling. I've been driving it to work the past several days (20 miles each way), and have no issues. I'm in the Katy area, and work inside the loop. I'm not desperate to sell, but I need to make a few changes. The $4850 price is firm - I can't take less - and I can't use any trades right now. The clear title will be in my hands within a week or so. Hey, there were only 196 B4Cs made in 1999, with only 50 being white automatics. Plus, you'll have a rollbar. How cool is that? The pics below are directly from the auction. If I've stepped out of line, please delete this post and accept my apology.

Last edited by Earl Filter; 08-24-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:33 AM
9 Second Club

not bad, good price.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

White hardtop Camaro. That would look good beside my Formula. Let me see what I can come up with. I'll pm you if I can get some stuff together.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

That would make a good drag car platform. GL
Old 08-09-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Where is car located
Old 08-09-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02 WS-6
Where is car located

Read the first post or get bigger glasses like this guyy...... car is in Katy, Tx..

Old 08-09-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LawHorn
Read the first post or get bigger glasses like this guyy...... car is in Katy, Tx..

children should be seen and not heard so shut the **** up, this aint your car, the guy has an add about a car for sale, I seen the pictures have the cash in hand and would like to go look at it, Katy is pretty big, NOW I could make a pit stop to La Porte If you would like to see me.

Back on topic, pm me an address Brandon of where the car is located (I am aware that it's in Katy)
Old 08-09-2007, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you buy the car make a pit stop in La Porte if you'd like to see me. Children should be heard, especially if they correct adults. Remember that children are the future....... I was also interested in this car. Awesome price, this car would also make an awesome sleeper w/ a few mods. I'm sure this will sale fast.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LawHorn
If you buy the car make a pit stop in La Porte if you'd like to see me. Children should be heard, especially if they correct adults. Remember that children are the future....... I was also interested in this car. Awesome price, this car would also make an awesome sleeper w/ a few mods. I'm sure this will sale fast.
Yep not a problem, I grew up in La Porte and would love to meet you, PM me your address.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Could you send me more pics if you have to mike96z@yahoo.com also PM me your address and when would be the best time to come take a look @ it? Thanks
Old 08-09-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

very intersted thanks, cash in hands.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Who installed the rollbar? Was it there when you bought it?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Banned

Yep not a problem, I grew up in La Porte and would love to meet you, PM me your address.
where is that ethug picture when you need it
Old 08-09-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

are you serious dude?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:56 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pat7272

I think Ft. Worth PD put them in all of their B4C "pursuit" Camaros.

Have not seen too many examples of Police installing roll bars in B4C's, but it appears this PD did regularly.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:57 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pat7272

Have not seen too many examples of Police installing roll bars in B4C's, but it appears this PD did regularly. It may not be IHRA or NHRA spec. as I bet the Po-po doesn't care what the drag racing rulebook says.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TWS

Have not seen too many examples of Police installing roll bars in B4C's, but it appears this PD did regularly. It may not be IHRA or NHRA spec. as I bet the Po-po doesn't care what the drag racing rulebook says.
You are correct. Ft. Worth has been doing this at least since 1996 (google "Ft worth police camaro" and such, and you'll see pics). I would think they'd use a shop that does this on a regular basis (a good chassis shop), but who the hell knows? Sorry I stirred up some dookey, but I just want a good LS1 guy to get it, not a Mama's boy ricer turned racer. I posted my lowest dollar, KNOWING it was worth every penny, and wanting it to go here. It's not a show queen, and won't be without some work, but it's presentable and the drivetrain alone is worth most of that. I'm 35, and don't race or dog my cars. I just know cool ones when I see 'em! PM me or email excelsiorfleet@yahoo.com. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

has this car sold yet? if not PM me I have a buyer!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nickdotcom
are you serious dude?
Trying to respond to this if your asking if I seriously grew up in La Porte, yes I did, elementary school at Lomax, Jr. High at Baker, and graduated LPHS class of 89, now if your asking If I am serious about meeting some smuck who obviously has no interest in this car but felt Compelled to respond to a question that I asked the seller in an attempt to try and make me look stupid by posting a picture of his dad on the internet, than I have to say yes. I didn't start this, the logical procession of purchasing a car on the internet after viewing the pictures if there still is interest than obviously you want to go look at it, that beign said, I asked the seller where the car was located and Law Horn dissrespected me, now I don't know what you do when your dissrespected, but I'm not nobodies B*tch. Again I didn't start nothing, I am in the market, have the cash and want to look at a vehicle that is posted on this site for sale period in the process some assclown who is trying to boost his post count proceeded to respond to a conversation that had nothing to do with him. And as for the Ethug response seller harassment on this site is not tolerated, nor should buyer harassment be tolerated, this site is a national forrum and if you don't have any thing productive to add to it you shouldn't feel compelled to respond.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

PM REPLIED, hope to be coming to look at this soon, ca$h in hands.

Quick Reply: 1999 B4C (with rollbar!) Camaro for sale - $4850