How good is Stubbs Cycles about buying motorcycles?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:32 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How good is Stubbs Cycles about buying motorcycles?

A buddy of mine told me that Stubbs (the place I purchased my bike from) will buy bikes. I was really happy to hear that. I called them up, but they won't do an appraisal over the phone. They stated that they give you close to what the bike is worth. According to KBB, its worth $8800 and NADA list it for $9250.

How good is Stubbs about giving you good money for your bike, considering its in mint condition, extremely low miles (1,400), and a few upgrades?

I hate to drive out there and they tell me they'll give me $7500 for it.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my Harley from then without doing much research....impulse buy.

Long story short, they basically raped me on the price. I dont recommend trusting them.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

I dont know you from Adam first of all. So I dont want to totally personally attack you. However, how many threads can you possibly start about buying, selling, personal finance, etc? You are some sort of super sketchy consumer nightmare with a login. Dont know why people in your shoes bothers me so very badly, but you do. I have a guy that contacts me about every little thing he does, for no motherfucking reason. I just think, do it, quit asking everyone for their help. It probably doesnt help I am on my third Crown and coke. Kudos ******.

Brandon
Old 08-11-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 08-12-2007, 10:00 AM
9 Second Club NA

Who the hell is Adam and who said I knew you?

As far as the questions, as many as it takes to get the info I need. I was just looking for a little help since all of this is so new to me. Give a guy a break or better yet, go tend to your Jack and coke some more.

I just want to get rid of my bike and purchase another F-body and I'm impatient, so quit whining.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
A buddy of mine told me that Stubbs (the place I purchased my bike from) will buy bikes. I was really happy to hear that. I called them up, but they won't do an appraisal over the phone. They stated that they give you close to what the bike is worth. According to KBB, its worth $8800 and NADA list it for $9250.

How good is Stubbs about giving you good money for your bike, considering its in mint condition, extremely low miles (1,400), and a few upgrades?

I hate to drive out there and they tell me they'll give me $7500 for it.
They will tell you anything to get you in the door, don't go, you will be lucky if they even give you $7500 for it, they play the numbers game, they think that if you come in there with your bike they can convince you to trade it in on another, your better off trying to sell it outright, I know it's harder that way but thats the deal, I took my Heritage Softail up there after talking to them on the phone and it was a big waste of time they don't want used bikes unless they can steal them and flip them for a $3000 + profit, sorry bro, I know thats not what you wanted to hear.

On a side note you should be able to post as many post as you want, thats what made this site what it is today people just have to remeber where they came from., I thought that big brother only existed in the goverment.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:02 PM
9 Second Club NA

I know it may not be what I want to hear, but its what I need to hear. Thanks for the info and for saving me the time and hassle.

They won't succeed in convincing me to purchase another bike because I won't.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Teching In

Ummmm....just wondering. Were you being serious about the "Adam" thing?
Old 08-12-2007, 10:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
I dont know you from Adam first of all. So I dont want to totally personally attack you. However, how many threads can you possibly start about buying, selling, personal finance, etc? You are some sort of super sketchy consumer nightmare with a login. Dont know why people in your shoes bothers me so very badly, but you do. I have a guy that contacts me about every little thing he does, for no motherfucking reason. I just think, do it, quit asking everyone for their help. It probably doesnt help I am on my third Crown and coke. Kudos ******.

Brandon
Damn Brandon, LOL.........
Old 08-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Texas Director

Drag...I knew it wouldn't take you long. Same song, different question.