BNL claims to know a person ordering the 09 Camaro in Feb.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BNL claims to know a person ordering the 09 Camaro in Feb.

Any one else know something?

My brother-n-law's friend knows(or may be related to) a GM rep(or something) and he said that his friend is placing his order for the 09 in Febuary. He insisted he had his facts right.

I figure its a little early but then again, I don't know.

Back in 95, my buddy and I went to every pontiac dealership in Houston trying to order the new WS6. Only one dealership had heard of it and this was also during the Feb/March time frame(I think).

When does the pre-ordering usually start for new cars?
Old 12-10-2007, 04:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

usually pre-orders are around 4-5 months prior to production. Production won't be until 1st quarter 2009, it will be a 2010 year model Camaro.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is false, you cant preorder this car, there have been reports of all kinds of dealerships getting money from customers claiming to get you in line to pre-order the 09 camaro. Everything you hear is not true. Go to a dealership and ask, they have all been asked to not do this anymore and even some of them had signs and **** and had to take them down. This is old news and is most likely a scam.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Launching!

I knew it! I felt foolish even asking but I just haven't been following the release date since they kept pushing it back. 2008,2009, now its 2010, by the time its out its already dated.

I wouldn't ask a dealer. They are the ones that kept telling us that the WS6's/ram airs weren't out yet even after they were on the road.

I'll call by brother N law and ask him who this GM person is and why he thinks his friend will be able to order a car. We are talking close, good, family friends telling each other this, so I believe they mean what they say.

Have a good one eveyone.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

hope my beater holds out till then
Old 12-10-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

There have been REQUESTS made for the 5th Gen and certain dealerships whom have certain relationships with regular customers have/will request those cars when their inventory is ordered. Since there is no list of options yet, there cannot be specific orders made. But you should still be able to request a vert or hardtop, V8 or V6, and such.
I've met many of these people who say they have pre-paid for a 5th Gen but once I ask them the name of the "GM REP" who guaranted them a Camaro, they suddenly didn't know anyone. I would say names of actual GM reps and they didn't know any of them...but I would say the names of my high school teaches and suddenly the teacher becomes a GM Rep.