11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: cheap shortblock.

pics added

block is a '98 block with 1 cracked cylinder
balanced
crank is factory crank turned 10 under.
rods are scat h-beams 6.125 w/ arp bolts
pistons are forged probe 2 eyebrow relief (cleared my 2.02 valves w/ my x4 with .040 cometics and the heads cut .030.)
lg g5x4 cam
katech timing chain
stock type lifter and plastic lifter retainers
front and rear cover
clevite bearings
high volume oil pump
truck pan, balancer, and flywheel (off different motor)
set of coil packs with brackets
all parts have around 4k miles on them or less (except block and crank and covers).

would prefer local pickup.

$875 obo

also have a set of stock '98 heads (only 3k miles or so on them since freshened), bare, but will come with 243 valves. let me know if interested.

my zip code is 75407. princeton, tx

i would like to sell all of this quickly. so hit me up with some offers on it all or peices.

Last edited by dlc1609; 12-22-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Banned

If you would put a guarantee on the parts being good people would bite. When you crack a sleeve you take on water. Water will tear some bearings and other consumables up. If the crank is already been turned you can bet its no good for sure. Resize the rods again which will probably make them no bueno. Its all worth about $400 bucks to be truthful. Cam bearings would likely be trashed and if they are the cam journals would likely be scorched too...Look fine to the naked eye though
Old 12-20-2007, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

ok thanks for the input. i guarantee all parts except bearings and rings to be good. the rings were probably good, i just took them off when i removed pistons and rods. all rod bearings looked pretty good. it didn't crack a sleeve bad. it was between 1/8" to 1/4" long crack at the top of one of the cylinders. probably only let out compression when up to temp. compression on that cylinder still had 125psi. crank looks great. rods are perfect and pistons look nice too. there was no water in the oil. from what i can tell, the cam looks mint as well. anyone that wants to check it out is more than welcome to. not trying to sneak anything by anyone. i beleive the parts to be in excellent shape and this should be a good deal for someone.

Last edited by dlc1609; 12-20-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dlc1609
ok thanks for the input. i guarantee all parts except bearings and rings to be good. the rings were probably good, i just took them off when i removed pistons and rods. all rod bearings looked pretty good. it didn't crack a sleeve bad. it was between 1/8" to 1/4" long crack at the top of one of the cylinders. probably only let out compression when up to temp. compression on that cylinder still had 125psi. crank looks great. rods are perfect and pistons look nice too. there was no water in the oil. from what i can tell, the cam looks mint as well. anyone that wants to check it out is more than welcome to. not trying to sneak anything by anyone. i beleive the parts to be in excellent shape and this should be a good deal for someone.
Can you provide the mic'ing specs of the crank on all surfaces were the bearing rides? how about the inside measurements of the rod ends. See where im going with this? The naked eye will tell you things look fine. Start measuring and report back if you want to really move this stuff honestly.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:55 AM
11 Second Club

not a problem wotfman. i can get you all the mic'ing specs of anything in the motor. i can get you an oil analysis of the oil that came out of the engine when tore down, so you can be satisfied as to how much water was in it. i can get you detailed pictures of every nook and cranny in the entire motor. see where i'm going with this? i know a few things about engines, and these parts have no problems. in fact, if not sold, i'll use the parts in my new engine and post up when it's running, so people can keep track of if they were good parts or not (lol, that would be kinda funny.)

by the way, you generally don't have any rod end inside measurement changes when the bearings aren't harmed... and the edges of the rods are still the factory edge, or where they side clearanced them upon assembly.

are you interested in the motor and parts, or are you just really trying to help me? i feel as though you are taking quite a pessamistic stance toward my sale....?
Old 12-21-2007, 09:14 AM
11 Second Club

just looked it over and mic'ed some stuff. crank mic'ed 2.075 (which is .020, which i remember having done a 10/20 on it) and looks perfect. would not need to be turned. measured one rod, it was somewhere between 2.225-2.227. don't know what they are new, but i would take a pretty good guess that they are factory specs.

oil analysis isn't back yet. =)
Old 12-21-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want the cracked block. But its of not vaule you anywayz
Old 12-21-2007, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

it's yours insanegto as long as my potential buyer doesn't want it.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dlc1609
just looked it over and mic'ed some stuff. crank mic'ed 2.075 (which is .020, which i remember having done a 10/20 on it) and looks perfect. would not need to be turned. measured one rod, it was somewhere between 2.225-2.227. don't know what they are new, but i would take a pretty good guess that they are factory specs.

oil analysis isn't back yet. =)
How many measurements did you take on each journal you claim? What were the edge and middle measurements? What is the measurements of the rods without the bearings measured the same way.....
Old 12-21-2007, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

took 4 measurements on 2 journals of crank. 1 from each side in center. measured 1 rod many times and got pretty consistent measurements with rod bolts torqued on 50lbs or so. perfectly round and no inconsistancies on the one rod i checked. this measurement was without rod bearings.

i am an honest guy and have no problem giving money back to anyone who bought and was uphappy.

WOTFMAN, you have again not answered if you are interested in the parts. if not, get off my thread. i'm tired of answering your in depth questions if you are not interested. you obviously have some trust issues with people. alot of people will go by a standard good faith deal, with someone telling them something is good, and trust that honest people will do the right thing if there was a problem.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WOTFMAN
How many measurements did you take on each journal you claim? What were the edge and middle measurements? What is the measurements of the rods without the bearings measured the same way.....
TTT for DLC and his, "now jacked up" thread.

WOTFMAN.... WTF are you whoring this guys thread up? Do you have any intentions of actually buying these parts? Have you even looked at his trader rating/feedback? I must have missed the rule change where it states that anyone who sells engine parts MUST PROVIDE MIC SPECS or less be ridiculed by douche baggery.

Any potential buyer of the parts would obviously check them out themselves when they came to look at them, or have them checked out by his/her local machine shop. It sounds as though that DLC would even provide you with the mic to check them if so requested.

FWIW: I have bought several different items from DLC over the last year or so. Everything has been completely as described and I have had no issues what so ever.

Last edited by Sneaky; 12-22-2007 at 12:52 PM.