Anyone here work for FEDEX?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here work for FEDEX?

I bought some tires from a guy on here. He shipped them to the correct address (mine) but the dumbass FEDEX guy delivered it to some Michellin Tire Warehouse in Houston. I tracked it down and found where it was and all that. I even talked to a warehouse guy who had the tires. My problem is I don't have the time to go get the tires. FEDEX said they are going to try and have the driver go back, sometime next week MAYBE. Any ideas on what I could do and is there anything free I can get out of this for royally F&cking up my week? Thanks
Old 12-27-2007, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

I bought a set of tires from a member on here and never got them either. The tires were delivered to an address in Houston, but my address on the computer was correct. The claim paperwork I had clearly stated the senders address, receipients address(mine), and the actual address where the tire were delivered(which did not match mine). After the seller argued with them for hours, they only refunded $200 because they were not insured, even though they clearly delivered them to the wrong address.

Good luck on getting your tires, because they werent too easy for me to deal with.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Usually oversized items, if they are sent FedEx ground (green), they will end up at a place which has a loading dock. If he sent it Ground and not Home Delivery, theres not much you can do. If he did send it Home Delivery (red) then you can dispute it and they will likely take care of it, but you wont gain anything from them for screwing up
Old 12-27-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just the fact that they delivered to the incorrect address makes them liable, loading dock or not.

IF was just sent Next Day or even FEdEx Ground, that doesn't required a loading dock.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.fedex.com/us/services/options/mbg.html

Probably a good start to resolving this would be to read FedEx's policies..
If it was driver's error, then you should have no problem getting your money back from them
Old 12-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

they will get the tires to u and will refund you the shipping cost that it.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Launching!

either a) they will pick the tires up. deliver them to the correct address and refund the shipping charges
or b) the tires consider to be lost. they never pick them up and you get screwed. all you will get out of them is $100 for insurance per pkg unless additional insurance was purchased and the amount for shipping
Old 12-28-2007, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blue00WS6
either a) they will pick the tires up. deliver them to the correct address and refund the shipping charges
or b) the tires consider to be lost. they never pick them up and you get screwed. all you will get out of them is $100 for insurance per pkg unless additional insurance was purchased and the amount for shipping
Exactly what happened with mine. They were considered lost and I got $200(each tire is considered a package).
Old 12-28-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Junkie

well luckily these arent 'lost' , so hopefully they get you the tires and refund shipping costs.