Got pulled over in the SS tonight.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 05:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got pulled over in the SS tonight.

Just bitching and moaning.... no ticket.

I was in Hilary's SS going to Choctaw to lose some money. Radar detector was left in my WS6 so I just set the cruise control at 5 over (70) and went on my way up 75.

Around Anna, a Collin County Sheriff passed me doing about 75-80 I'd estimate. He stays in left lane, gets about 5 car lengths ahead of me and lets off the gas, I remain at my speed and pass. By then he was probably doing 55-60. He then pulls in quite aways behind me and flys up on me. Turns the lights on and pulls me over. He said he had to do 76 to catch up to me and then tells me that was the speed I must of been traveling.

WTF, when you are behind a car and want to catch up, you are obviously going to go faster than the car ahead of you.

Grabs my license and her insurance. Runs it, comes back and tells me to slow down. No written warning. I'm assuming he was just checking the car cause it still had the paper plates on it.

But c'mon now, that was one of the lamest excuses an officer has ever given me for getting pulled over. Hilary and I were in awe of the stupidity of how he came to the conclusion I was speeding. Not saying 5 over isn't, but you know what I mean.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

meh, don't sweat it, at least you didn't get a ticket.

just learn to slow it down once you see a cop around you, to keep from getting pulled over any more.....
Old 12-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Lots of people dont pass up an officer because it's a mutual respect and sometimes they feed off of that. When someone passes one up, not only is it kind of like thumbing your nose at them but they're probably thinking that if he/they dont do anything about it that everybody around them is probably snickering at them wondering why he's not reacting.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Ya, I dont personally dont like passing cops either. Even if they are going slower etc, but then again, sometimes you have to.

I agree. thats a pretty lame way to decide on if you're speeding or not. Good thing he wasnt further back going 100+ to catch up to you. Then you would have been in real trouble
Old 12-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was given a ticket like that by chp,i beat the ticket in court
Old 12-30-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

I assumed this was gonna be about the lack of a front plate. At least that's what it's been about when I've had that exact scenario happen.

I pass cops going 5 or 10 under all the time. I set the cruise about 2mph over and have never had a problem. I also happen to know that my speedo is a little slow. When my speedo says 70, I'm actually going between 72 and 73. If her SS is the same way then that's like 72 in a 65, which is pushing it a little.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Resident

Oh yeah, a little FYI here. The Anna cop will sit up on the onramp and radar cars as they come under the bridge.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:21 AM
12 Second Club

I hate it when there is a cop on the highway doing 50, in a 65, and there is 3 lanes of nobody passing him..
The cop is sitting there laughing thinking, you stupid ******* people, the speed limit is 65.

that is something that chops my hide.. I see that **** here on the DFW freeways all the time.. There is nothing wrong with passing a cop.. Especially if you are doing the speed limit.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

yep... never a good idea to pass a pace car

i had an experience back in MA once... the cop was over a 1/4mi ahead of me on the highway. we're in the right lane and i was matching his speed cuz i didnt want to get noticed. he pulls over to the shoulder, waits for me to pass, and then gets back on the highway to pull me over. tells me that he was doing 75 and i was catching up to him, so i was going faster. what is this guy doing staring at his mirror to watch cars that are barely visable in the distance?

i really wish they'd go after people that are ACTUALLY driving recklessly. and FYI, 75 on the MA Turnpike is slow. under normal circumstances, you'll have 18 wheelers and little old lady's passing you at that speed. if you're going 65, they'll be flipping you off
Old 12-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
yep... never a good idea to pass a pace car

i had an experience back in MA once... the cop was over a 1/4mi ahead of me on the highway. we're in the right lane and i was matching his speed cuz i didnt want to get noticed. he pulls over to the shoulder, waits for me to pass, and then gets back on the highway to pull me over. tells me that he was doing 75 and i was catching up to him, so i was going faster. what is this guy doing staring at his mirror to watch cars that are barely visable in the distance?

i really wish they'd go after people that are ACTUALLY driving recklessly. and FYI, 75 on the MA Turnpike is slow. under normal circumstances, you'll have 18 wheelers and little old lady's passing you at that speed. if you're going 65, they'll be flipping you off

LOL That's something to imagine, a little 80 yr old lady in a vette flying by giving you the bird.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by quickblade
I hate it when there is a cop on the highway doing 50, in a 65, and there is 3 lanes of nobody passing him..
The cop is sitting there laughing thinking, you stupid ******* people, the speed limit is 65.

that is something that chops my hide.. I see that **** here on the DFW freeways all the time.. There is nothing wrong with passing a cop.. Especially if you are doing the speed limit.
i'll pass them without thinking twice, especially if i'm doing the speed limit. i had a DPS officer one time riding in the left lane doing 10 under, and nobody would pass him. i passed him on the right (i was in my 18 wheeler) and he got on the CB radio saying something about how it's illegal to pass on the right in texas. i said something back about how it's also the law for slower traffic to keep right, and he didn't say anything else. i just went about my business and let the other suckers ride behind his stupid ***
Old 12-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

weak, pass them, 5-6mph is borderline PC for a traffic stop
Old 12-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by L67toLS1
weak, pass them, 5-6mph is borderline PC for a traffic stop
nah, i get pulled over a lot for 5 over, twice last week alone
Old 12-30-2007, 12:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
i'll pass them without thinking twice, especially if i'm doing the speed limit. i had a DPS officer one time riding in the left lane doing 10 under, and nobody would pass him. i passed him on the right (i was in my 18 wheeler) and he got on the CB radio saying something about how it's illegal to pass on the right in texas. i said something back about how it's also the law for slower traffic to keep right, and he didn't say anything else. i just went about my business and let the other suckers ride behind his stupid ***

LOL.. Good come back.. He probably sat there and thought to himself..
DAM, that guy is right... LOL
Old 12-30-2007, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

I'm 56, and I've passed them all my life at 3-4 over, and never been pulled over yet. On the right (I can't imagine a dumb-assed state law that says you can't pass in the right lane on the freeway), in traffic, etc. He was just looking for an excuse to pull you over, run your licence and registration, and check you out. You didn't get a ticket because he didn't pull you over to give you one - he only used speeding as an excuse.

I was stuck on the freeway in the right lane behind a slower car doing 3 under with a CHP in the left lane holding in my blind spot. I'd speed up, he'd speed up. I'd slow down, he'd slow down. Wouldn't let me over. The small-dicked wonder did this for about 6 miles. Finally, I got spacing from the car ahead then slowed down quickly with the handbrake. This caught him by suprise, and he slammed on his brakes to get back behind me again. I anticipated this and hit the gas about the time he hit his brakes. Caught him out of sync. My signal had been on, and I came over into the left lane (safely) as he came roaring up to try to cut me off. He came up on my rear bumper, tailgaiting badly with the red and blues still off. I held the speed to 2-3 over as I passed the slower car. Once I got spacing, I signaled to move onto the slow lane. The whole time, he was right on my rear bumper. As I started to change lanes, he swooped into the right lane and up as if to pass. I had to stop my lane change to keep from hitting him. He pulled back in behind me. After the second time he did this, I decided if he wanted to pass, he could do it in the right lane.
The only thing I could figure he was profiling the new Camaro (in California, with Nevada plates) and wanted to try to force me into an infraction so he could pull me over and check me out. Good thing he didn't. I wasn't too appreciative of his unsafe tactics. My car was legal, I was legal, no contraband on board, and I was hoping he'd pull me over, because I was pissed enough to make it a quest to have his badge.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ArrestMeRedZ
I'm 56, and I've passed them all my life at 3-4 over, and never been pulled over yet. On the right (I can't imagine a dumb-assed state law that says you can't pass in the right lane on the freeway), in traffic, etc. He was just looking for an excuse to pull you over, run your licence and registration, and check you out. You didn't get a ticket because he didn't pull you over to give you one - he only used speeding as an excuse.

I was stuck on the freeway in the right lane behind a slower car doing 3 under with a CHP in the left lane holding in my blind spot. I'd speed up, he'd speed up. I'd slow down, he'd slow down. Wouldn't let me over. The small-dicked wonder did this for about 6 miles. Finally, I got spacing from the car ahead then slowed down quickly with the handbrake. This caught him by suprise, and he slammed on his brakes to get back behind me again. I anticipated this and hit the gas about the time he hit his brakes. Caught him out of sync. My signal had been on, and I came over into the left lane (safely) as he came roaring up to try to cut me off. He came up on my rear bumper, tailgaiting badly with the red and blues still off. I held the speed to 2-3 over as I passed the slower car. Once I got spacing, I signaled to move onto the slow lane. The whole time, he was right on my rear bumper. As I started to change lanes, he swooped into the right lane and up as if to pass. I had to stop my lane change to keep from hitting him. He pulled back in behind me. After the second time he did this, I decided if he wanted to pass, he could do it in the right lane.
The only thing I could figure he was profiling the new Camaro (in California, with Nevada plates) and wanted to try to force me into an infraction so he could pull me over and check me out. Good thing he didn't. I wasn't too appreciative of his unsafe tactics. My car was legal, I was legal, no contraband on board, and I was hoping he'd pull me over, because I was pissed enough to make it a quest to have his badge.
You also are coming from a different part of the states..
I am from NM, with family in Vegas, san diego, so my wife and I use to go to vegas all the time.. before we moved to Dallas...

They give alot of lee way out there in California...
I had my mustang... Yes I owned a mustang... LOL..
but I had my 03 GT out there in cali heading to san diego coming from vegas..
just by barstow.. how ever it is spelled...
doing 95 solid.... Cop passes me waving at me to slow down...
then keeps going.....
I was like WTF.. did that just happen.....
Then later that week in LA, same deal doing about 80ish, I get pulled up on the side, and cop waves me to slow down, then jets off....
Old 12-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
Ya, I dont personally dont like passing cops either. Even if they are going slower etc, but then again, sometimes you have to.
Well thats the deal, like most people said here the have no problem passing a cop doing under the speed limit. This guy was only going about 55-60 when the speedlimit is 65.

I've always rolled past cops doing no more than 5 over. In Plano the cops love to drive about 10 under.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Teching In

I don't mean to be ******* but u didnt even get a ticket so just Relax. About 2 hours ago I was passing through Conroe, and got 2 tickets for running a Red and No Insurance, the light was my fault Ive never driven in Conroe so I did not see the light but the fucked up part was that I did have insurance but did not have my up to date card and it had just expired on the 28th. Im allways used to putting that info in the first days of the month. So now I have to waste time to get the insurance ticket dissmissed. Fortunatly I did not get my car towed because I did not have insurance. Other than that I'm ok I was a dumbass for running the red.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

This is correct.. also, be warned that VanAlstyne is also a speed trap!

My advise is to drive the SL in both of these towns when heading North on 75

Originally Posted by Arctic2002ss
Oh yeah, a little FYI here. The Anna cop will sit up on the onramp and radar cars as they come under the bridge.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
LOL That's something to imagine, a little 80 yr old lady in a vette flying by giving you the bird.
naw, no vette there... they are passing you doing 80 in their corolla

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
he got on the CB radio saying something about how it's illegal to pass on the right in texas.
i'd love to see the actual text of the law on this. i was under the impression that 'no passing on the right' only applied to side roads, not multi-lane roads, especially not divided highways.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over in the SS tonight.