any automatic transmission sponsors in houston?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:45 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default any automatic transmission sponsors in houston?

im looking for a local sponsor to check out and repair whatever may be wrong with my tranny.

at wot it hits the limiter from 2nd to 3rd. ive checked the fluid its fine. also got my b&m supercooler.

is this a common problem on the autos? if so what all i needed to be fixed. sorry for the newb questions but im just looking to be pointed in the right direction

thanks for you time
Old 01-14-2008, 09:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well we are not local to Houston... but we handle an awful lot of cars from that area!

As far as the symptom is concerned... I am going to suggest that the reason it is not upshifting at WOT is because there is excessive clearance in the 3/4 clutch pack. This is not an abnormal complaint.

Do you have a power adder such as Nitrous, if so that typically will agravate the condition. Try not to push it to the rev limiter too many times until you have identified the source of the symptoms and are prepared to repair it. I have found that the clutches go downhill very fast after this conditon first presents itself.

Now, all of that being said, if you have swapped converters or gears recently and have not adjusted your tune accordingly... have it looked at by a tuner. Improper gear ratio settings and improper shift points will cause the same issues.

If you would like to discuss these issues in detail don't hesitate to pick up the phone and give me a call!

Good Luck with it.

g
Old 01-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

ok so lets says thats the problem around how much does it cost to get fixed?
Old 01-14-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Check out Circle D also. They are local and they do some great work.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

ACE runs a top notch shop mate, dont hesitate to have them repair the tranny, they're definately worth the distance. Very very high quality stuff comes from ACE.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

*bump*
Old 01-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Staging Lane

Flash, If it becomes to bad of a problem I have a guy that has been helping me with mine. There is A LOT of things that can help stop the 3-4 burn-up problem, but you have to get into it...
Old 01-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by GreenS-10
Flash, If it becomes to bad of a problem I have a guy that has been helping me with mine. There is A LOT of things that can help stop the 3-4 burn-up problem, but you have to get into it...
thanks daniel. i was told since i put a taller tires it might be affecting it. ima have james aka texcamss mess with it in a few days and see if it helps. if not i may have to contact you and your buddy. thanks for looking out daniel.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
thanks daniel. i was told since i put a taller tires it might be affecting it. ima have james aka texcamss mess with it in a few days and see if it helps. if not i may have to contact you and your buddy. thanks for looking out daniel.
what size tires did you have and what do you have now?
Old 01-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

i had 245/40/16 now i have 255/50/16
Old 01-15-2008, 01:13 PM
FormerVendor

Hey 1sickz28. We are a transmission sponsor located in Houston, Texas. Give us a call and we will help you.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having the extra bit of info about the tires is very useful. Changing the tire size does change the final gear ratio, which can and will affect the shift points. I can't say if this is the source of your problems, but I can say that you definately need to have the tune adjusted for the new tires if this symptom came up after the tire swap.

If that does not take care of it, then the issue is most likely going to be inside the unit. To answer your question... the cost would be directly related to wht you want! If you want a patch, you get a patch. If you want a very well built unit, then those can be as much as $2,600.00 for the unit we call our Stage 3. It includes 4L65E planets and many other upgrades. But most guys don't need that much tranny, so that's why we build custom units.

If you would like to discuss your cars problem with me it's not a big deal. You need a professional to give you good advice! I do that for guys every day here at Tech. All you have to do is call and I will give an honest, fair and realistic opinion of what your car needs.... whether you have us do it or not. Your call.

Good luck.

g
Old 01-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

yea this started happening after i changed the tires but it makes sense what u said in the post above because i spray my car but havent since this has happend. im gonna have the tune looked at. if it doesnt fix it then il be calling the sponsors here on tech thanks
Old 01-15-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
yea this started happening after i changed the tires but it makes sense what u said in the post above because i spray my car but havent since this has happend. im gonna have the tune looked at. if it doesnt fix it then il be calling the sponsors here on tech thanks
Just sell me the tires. I have a M6!

Kidding. Best of luck with the tranny problem, I know all about tranny problems. I blew through (5) T5 transmissions in my old mustang in less than one year. Too much torque does it!

Either way, build it stronger and faster cause my little firebird will be ready to play soon!
Old 01-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by E V I L
Just sell me the tires. I have a M6!

Kidding. Best of luck with the tranny problem, I know all about tranny problems. I blew through (5) T5 transmissions in my old mustang in less than one year. Too much torque does it!

Either way, build it stronger and faster cause my little firebird will be ready to play soon!
lets hope so.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by circledtrans
Hey 1sickz28. We are a transmission sponsor located in Houston, Texas. Give us a call and we will help you.
OFF SUBJECT....CIRCLE D TRANSMISSIONS....Just took your video tour..I must say that is the best, most informative vid I have seen of a company to date.....other companies/sponsors should check it out, and take note.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:22 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the compliment NHRAMAN! That is nice to hear. We are working on another video that will showcase performance transmissions. Actually, I am probably going to do that one in a slideshow format. I hope to have it completed within a few months.