Story: cop pointed gun at me in frisco lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Story: cop pointed gun at me in frisco lol

Man i was reading some posts on here and it reminded me of the time i went to my friends house in frisco. To start off with im a caucasian upper-middle class guy. just started my job as a nurse, so im not a suspicious looking person is what im trying to say. But anyway my friend and i drive to frisco get out and are on our way in to a buddies house. My buddy brought a bb gun with him to play around in the backyard. So we go inside and the owner starts playing halo 2 and we are sitting there watching. Theres a knock at the door and his aunts answers it and doesnt come back. 5 minutes later 3 cops come flying through the door with guns pulled. I was like WTF as a cop pointed the gun right at my chest as he stood 5 feet away. They start yelling wheres the gun and im like "you mean the bb gun" and any way i have to give them the bb gun and they are like freaking out. Turns out i guess some neighbors saw my friend walk in with it and called the cops. The owners aunt got pulled out side and told the cops there was no gun but they still busted in. I was pissed cause there was no reason for the to come with guns drawn after his aunt told them there was nothing wrong! I kinda run my mouth to the cop a little bit but he ended up being all right and apologizing. The funniest part was that the owner kept playing halo 2 while everything was going on around him. Just figured id share lol
Old 01-21-2008, 04:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love the stories here in the texas section god i love texas even if we are a bunch of idiots
Old 01-21-2008, 04:22 AM
10 Second Club

I thought Texas had good guns laws?
Old 01-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Launching!

It's procedural, personally if I was having to check a house for a possible weapon I would have my gun drawn as well. There are too many wack jobs to risk it.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wtf does it matter if someone walked in the house with a real gun. Does not give the cop a right to bust in.

Is it just me or am I missing something here.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
Wtf does it matter if someone walked in the house with a real gun. Does not give the cop a right to bust in.

Well someone obviously saw the gun, thus giving the cops the right to check. If it would of been in a case nothing would of happened.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO

I agree. There is nothing illegal about walking into a house carrying a gun.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Launching!

Well just look at it this way, what if one of your relatives were killed because when they came to check on the gun call they didn't check the house to make sure everything was ok. It's unfortunate that you were searched at gun point however that's the world we live in.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Teching In

WTF?
I dont see why the cops searched the house to begin with
I dont care if they were carying 20 guns its not illegal
its 100% legal to walk down main street with a loaded shotgun
God Bless Texas
Old 01-21-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

I know, right? Who cares what the neighbors saw. WE CAN LEGALLY HAVE GUNS.

The neighbors are stupid.

And the cops are stupid for going along with it.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Teching In

To play devil's advocate... how would you take it if all you heard from the neighbors was "a group of guys just entered the old lady's house next door carrying a rifle"

After talking to the aunt though they should not have busted in like that...
Old 01-21-2008, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Ya thats how i felt and was pissed off, but im sure the cops were stressed out the one that had his gun pointed at me looked really nervous and sweat was forming on his forehead...i kinda felt bad for him afterward. The wierd thing is ive been over that house atleast once a week so i figured the neighbors would know who i was but guess not. One of the cops was a dick saying he would have shot me if i pulled something like that on him, then the lady cop said she would have unloaded her whole clip on me, i just started laughing and was like dumbass, i wish you did because you would get sued, now get off the property which he replied that i wasnt the owner...then the owner said get off my property and he did lol, Some cops are alright and some are just retarded. Im pretty sure i could have filed a complaint against the 2 cops for saying something like that because its unecessary and threatening. but i dont care enough

Last edited by dshag; 01-21-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

similiar incident happened to me when i was 13, went to my granma's house for a weekend and took my daisy pump action, i was shooting birds and squirrels, cans, and my ninja turtles and gi joe action figures
anyways a cop walked into the back yard with his weapon drawn and yelled at me to put the gun on the ground, i did and then he charged at me, took me down and cuffed me,and kicked the gun away. i was pissed the whole time cus he cuffed my hands pretty tight, and my granma was pissed as well,
the cop uncuffed me when he saw the it was a bb gun, and made my granma sign something and left.
i went back out at nightime and started shooting **** again with pellets
Old 01-21-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DWZ28
WTF?
I dont see why the cops searched the house to begin with
I dont care if they were carying 20 guns its not illegal
its 100% legal to walk down main street with a loaded shotgun
God Bless Texas
The house did not need to be searched based on a neighbor calling the cops and saying someone walked in with a gun. BFD! BUT, I think if I saw a guy walking down Main St. with a shotgun, people would be alarmed and call the cops. That makes a lot more sense. And honestly, I'm sure it is "legal" to walk down Main St. carrying a shotgun?? Right? Doesn't sound right to me.. That's like saying it's legal to carry a shotgun in a mall.. The cops would probably just shoot your ***, nevermind restraining and arresting you..

Last edited by 6THZ28; 01-21-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:19 PM
TECH Junkie

what type of nurse??? LVN, RN, CNA???
Old 01-21-2008, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

i agree with 6thz28, use some common sense, that puts everyone at risk on public property. I have had mostly good exp with cops and this is one of the 2 negative encounters i can think of...ofcourse they could be nice cause they know if they get shot they will probably see me in the hospital taking care of em lol
RN for person question above
Old 01-21-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dshag
i agree with 6thz28, use some common sense, that puts everyone at risk on public property. I have had mostly good exp with cops and this is one of the 2 negative encounters i can think of...ofcourse they could be nice cause they know if they get shot they will probably see me in the hospital taking care of em lol
RN for person question above
how hard was the NCLEX?? im in the 2nd semester of nursing school, just curious to hear what other nurses say about state board exams.... any tips
Old 01-21-2008, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

I dont think it will be that bad it depends on how you do in school though. I studied maybe 2 hrs at most for each exam.I never read over the material before and ended up just fine B's and up. I just took kaplan review and havent scheduled a test date yet, but i made above 80 on all sections. on the nclex you basically have to get more then 1/2 of the questions right. What school are you going to? As for tips all i can say is its going to all be ABC's and assessment are first choice. Take the kaplan it explains really well how to take it and the hospital that you work for will pay for it most likely, atleast mine did.

Last edited by dshag; 01-21-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

If I choose to walk around in my backyard with a pistol, AR15, or a sniper rifle, no reason at all for cops to bust into my house. Knock on the door, ask whats going on, sure I can see that.

Bust into my house? Hell no.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:10 PM
12 Second Club

I was riding in my friends car once when he got pulled over. My phone started ringing so I tried to hit the button outside of my jeans to turn it off, the officer saw me doing this and pulled me out and had his gun out. He thought I was hiding something or had a weapon. I showed him me cell phone and keys...

On a side note, my friend got a ticket for going 90 in his old ford taurus. While the speedometer only went up to 80 and it probably could never go that fast.