Windsheild wipers went nuts on me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Windsheild wipers went nuts on me!!!

so im driving down the road..light misting rain is falling.....so i have the wipers on the first delay setting. Next thing i know the driver side goes off the windsheild about half way to where its visible out the driver window!!??....what the hell?......i stopped the wipers and when they hit the locks the driver side was about 7in off. So i got out and the whole arm was really loose....not that the nut was loose but I could move the wiper motor....the pass side was locked and wouldn't budge but i could move the other one anywhere i wanted to....Well i kept goin with it back in the right spot and when i got where i was goin i tried the wipers again and this time it worked for about 6 strokes then it was too far down...when they went to the locks the driver side was in a BIND!.....so i have no idea, could the wiper motor be bad or something just strip out...they still work...they're just jacked up..im confused guys...anyone got any thoughts???
Old 01-21-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Postman
so im driving down the road..light misting rain is falling.....so i have the wipers on the first delay setting. Next thing i know the driver side goes off the windsheild about half way to where its visible out the driver window!!??....what the hell?......i stopped the wipers and when they hit the locks the driver side was about 7in off. So i got out and the whole arm was really loose....not that the nut was loose but I could move the wiper motor....the pass side was locked and wouldn't budge but i could move the other one anywhere i wanted to....Well i kept goin with it back in the right spot and when i got where i was goin i tried the wipers again and this time it worked for about 6 strokes then it was too far down...when they went to the locks the driver side was in a BIND!.....so i have no idea, could the wiper motor be bad or something just strip out...they still work...they're just jacked up..im confused guys...anyone got any thoughts???
i remember when my 94's wipers got locked in a X in a storm where we had 30-40 mph headwinds and i was driving into it... damn it was nuts

im gonna lean towards the arm being stripped out but i dunno
Old 01-21-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, sounds like it's stripped or the connecting arm broke. I used to manage a Mercedes Benz repair shop and broken wiper arm mechanisms were very common.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:48 PM

mine were freakin out also!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

thats what im leaning towards as well, cars goin on jack stands soon for a motor freshen-up...so i'll take care of it then...for now its rain-x..lol...