Semi repair peeps I need your help. (Cummins)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Semi repair peeps I need your help. (Cummins)

My job issued me a new truck (Volvo VNL670) with a Cummins. Well its governed at 65 mph ( an absolute no-no for me). The member on the board here who removed my last one does not have the software for cummins only Detroit, So just wondering if anyone can either do it or point me to someone who can and of coarse I'll pay a fair price for this. As always your help is appreciated.
Mario
Old 02-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Launching!

there's the cummins place on 610, but i assume you're looking for someone to do it on the down low without letting your company know. i really don't know anyone like that, but i will keep an ear out. it sucks having a governed truck, mines at 75, but that beats the **** out of 65, lol.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Launching!

^^^^^Exactly lol. I've been fortunate enough to have em all removed on my prior trucks but I just picked this one up and she's at 66 and I drive everything East of I35 (yes even where the speed limit is 75 in some spots). Thanx for keeping an ear out
Old 02-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
^^^^^Exactly lol. I've been fortunate enough to have em all removed on my prior trucks but I just picked this one up and she's at 66 and I drive everything East of I35 (yes even where the speed limit is 75 in some spots). Thanx for keeping an ear out
just out of curiousity, where is the speed limit 75 east of I-35? the only place that i know that *trucks* can do 75 is NM and AZ
Old 02-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Teching In

only place east of 35 is on the turnpikes in oklahoma. besides the states you mentioned the ones that come to mind our nebraska, colorado, wyoming, nevada, montana, and both dakotas. hope your not working for a bigger company and they find out about what your doing. dot have to worry to much about mine. its governed at 2450 rpms so thats about 135 mph.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kalh7
only place east of 35 is on the turnpikes in oklahoma. besides the states you mentioned the ones that come to mind our nebraska, colorado, wyoming, nevada, montana, and both dakotas. hope your not working for a bigger company and they find out about what your doing. dot have to worry to much about mine. its governed at 2450 rpms so thats about 135 mph.
^^^^lucky bastard, lol. yeah, i forgot about the OK turnpikes, and i'm up there a lot too, duh. I run regional, so i don't worry too much about the other states. my old pete would run that fast, but guess i kinda like where the one i have now is at. it's fast enough to get the job done, but not fast enough to get me in a lot of trouble. i keep getting warning tickets from texas state troopers for doing 75 in a 70....*******
Old 02-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Launching!

Yep, the turpikes (in Ok) is at 75 and even some in Mo outside of Joplin is at 75. My last Freightshaker (an 05) was set at 65 but I quickly had it removed and ran wide open. I've never gotten a speeding ticket or even pulled over for speeding in my truck, it's just boring and utterly annoying to actually go up to ten miles per hour slower and make crappy timing. The co is trading in all of thier 05's and issuing Cascadia's and Volvo's. So now I'm back down to 65 again. I do drive for a semi larger company (Not Jb, Swift, Covenant,England, Schneider, or USA) but they're not too large thus being I don't think they really trip off of checking every truck in thier fleet. I know for an absolute fact my dispatcher knew my truck was open but she laughed it off and just told me where NOT to go to get it pm'd.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Launching!

eh, the guy i work for only has 18 trucks, so he would catch it real quick. plus, like i said i'm fine with 75. i do have to say he treats us nice though, i have a 2008 Kenworth W900L

Old 02-17-2008, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
i have a 2008 Kenworth W900L

I don't know jack about rigs but, DAMN!
Old 02-17-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got the software so if your are in SoCal anytime...let me know...lol

Just call some places that work on Cummins(Large generators or Heavy equipment dealers), what you are looking for is called Cummins Insight. I am a Heavy Euipment Mechanic for a Komatsu dealer and the older equipment runs cummins engines. Hope this helps at least a bit.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
Ive got the software so if your are in SoCal anytime...let me know...lol

Just call some places that work on Cummins(Large generators or Heavy equipment dealers), what you are looking for is called Cummins Insight. I am a Heavy Euipment Mechanic for a Komatsu dealer and the older equipment runs cummins engines. Hope this helps at least a bit.
Much appreciated MrElectric thanx
Old 02-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 6THZ28
I don't know jack about rigs but, DAMN!
I'll post a pic of mine later. Mine is an 06 Volvo 670. I love the thing but it's just so slooow. Kinda sux when ur used to going 75-80 too lol. Btw ur thruck is a beauty, I guess you haul fuel/oil right?
Old 02-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
I'll post a pic of mine later. Mine is an 06 Volvo 670. I love the thing but it's just so slooow. Kinda sux when ur used to going 75-80 too lol. Btw ur thruck is a beauty, I guess you haul fuel/oil right?
i haul chemicals, mostly caustic soda and methanol (which i can hook some peeps up on when i have a heel ). thanks for the compliment!