Would y'all pay this texas st univ parking ticket...?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Would y'all pay this texas st univ parking ticket...?

Alright, heres the deal. I'm not "currenty" enrolled at texas st. I hooped at the rec a few weeks ago and got a parking ticket. All the parking lots say "any permit after 5pm", the way I see it, is im not a student right now. so howtf would I have a permit? so I park(ive parked after 5 pm alot of times, with out any problems, always thought it was fine). Come back out have a ticket. $35 + 15 if late. Dont think much of it, figured i'd be able to get it taken off.

Just got off the phone with them. they said "theres nothing we can do", ha. Said if I wanted to go to the rec I need to get a commuter permit or park in LBJ. .

Heres my question. This car has never been "registered" with texas state. So im thinking when I enroll again, that the ticket wont lead back to me. I dont plan on getting parking permits there anymore. think I'll be good?

Sure im being a cheap ***. but I really dotn want to pay 50 for going to the rec. Kind of dumb/gay, especially when I was pretty much the only car in the parking lot. I cant count how many times my buddies have parked on campus with out permits after 5 and havent gotten tickets. I didnt know they still checked/it mattered.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

I would contest that and tell them that you are enrolling and how the **** can you park over there if you have not gotten your permit yet..

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

edited:
above makes no sense.. ignore..

Last edited by quickblade; 02-19-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by quickblade
I would contest that and tell them that you are enrolling and how the **** can you park over there if you have not gotten your permit yet..
sorry bro... but your post made zero sense.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

ummm...IF you become a student....

Can't they hold your diploma up for outstanding balances due to the university/college?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:11 PM
TECH Junkie

I think I understand one part of it. They said even tho im not currently enrolled, I need to buy a commuter pass if I plan on parking on campus(I never knew this could even be done if you werent enrolled)
Old 02-19-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Splitz
ummm...IF you become a student....

Can't they hold your diploma up for outstanding balances due to the university/college?
I agree... BUT they will have no reason to have info about this car. I've had 3 cars "registered" with them for parking permits, and this car isnt one of them. So I think that if I reenroll and dont register this car. They will not be able to see that it was me (unless they go through DPS or something).
Old 02-19-2008, 05:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

i think you should sell em some ZR1s
Old 02-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

is the car registered in your name? if so, plain and simple... it comes back to you. that could really hinder going to school there again with an outstanding fine. now if the car is in Daddy's or Mommy's name, no sweat.. they can shove their ticket even more so if its a small campus agency. theyll never justify the means to serve a warrant for a none moving violation nor will anything be entered into any Regional/State database.

good luck with it
Old 02-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

i just read your other post... who exactly gave you the ticket?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

if its your first one wont they dismiss it?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

parking services gave him the ticket.

They will put a hold on your record and you won't be able to register for classes. Buy a parking permit, it's half price since it's only half a semester left. If you buy the permit, you can get the ticket waived.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

ahh. sorry yeah I was writing my 1st post in a hurry and was answering my phone at the time.. Yeah.. that made no ******* sense... LOL

If you are not planning on going to school there. I would say **** them.
Dont pay it.. I had a ticket like that from the university that I did not pay..
They kept sending me letters and notes, I never paid, they ripped it up after 1 year..

not sure how they do theirs, but screw that..

Tell them the place to get the parking permit you would of needed was closed. LOL
Old 02-19-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
parking services gave him the ticket.

They will put a hold on your record and you won't be able to register for classes. Buy a parking permit, it's half price since it's only half a semester left. If you buy the permit, you can get the ticket waived.
if I get a permit, they'll waive it for sure?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2007.5 CTD
is the car registered in your name? if so, plain and simple... it comes back to you. that could really hinder going to school there again with an outstanding fine. now if the car is in Daddy's or Mommy's name, no sweat.. they can shove their ticket even more so if its a small campus agency. theyll never justify the means to serve a warrant for a none moving violation nor will anything be entered into any Regional/State database.

good luck with it
its in my name. , but I have about $2-300 worth of parking tickets at tx tech in a car that was in my dads name.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jwhert
if its your first one wont they dismiss it?
well I got one a yr or so ago in a car that didnt have a permit. I sold a car with my permit and forgot to get a replacement, they ended up taking the ticket off.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by quickblade
ahh. sorry yeah I was writing my 1st post in a hurry and was answering my phone at the time.. Yeah.. that made no ******* sense... LOL

If you are not planning on going to school there. I would say **** them.
Dont pay it.. I had a ticket like that from the university that I did not pay..
They kept sending me letters and notes, I never paid, they ripped it up after 1 year..

not sure how they do theirs, but screw that..

Tell them the place to get the parking permit you would of needed was closed. LOL
Ya, I forsure plan on staying at texas st. I have a few D grades that wont transfer that I dont feel like taking again
Old 02-19-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Junkie

those parking tickets are BS.... i've gotten about 10 at school over the last 2 years. I will never get a parking permit BUT if for any reason i have to get one i'll just put a different #.... The only way they can charge you is if you get a parking permit and they trace your plate #...OR if they wait for you at your car.... They actually waited for my GF b/c she parked everyday at a teachers spot..... she had over 20 tickets by that time.... The only reason she parked there was b/c she was going to night school and that part of the campus was not well lit.....
Old 02-19-2008, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dont pay for it, they arent real ticketts and dont go on your record. if the car is still under the previous owners name then it wont be held against you next time you register for classes
Old 02-19-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

last time i got a ticket in that same lot, i bought a parking permit, showed i bought one, and they waived it.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
last time i got a ticket in that same lot, i bought a parking permit, showed i bought one, and they waived it.
well I wasnt really in the "rec" lot. I was a little ways down. The ticket says location cdc/rotc. maybe ill try that tho.